• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make no mistake about it... this loss is on Keenumb.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a lot of anger directed at Jeff Fisher, Rob Boras, etc. Now, I want Fisher gone as much as the next guy, so I get that. But today they actually called a pretty good game for the most part. There were really only two egregiously bad calls to speak of. The swing pass attempt at a TD on 3rd down in the redzone and the fake punt with time to make another stop.

Make no mistake about it... 95% of the blame for this one falls squarely on Case Keenumb and it boils down to 3 plays.

-1 completely missed throw to a wide open Brian Quick for a sure TD.

-1 Short thrown ball to Tavon Austin, who had TWO steps on his defender... another sure TD.

-1 touchdown gift wrapped for the Bills defense.

(-Honorable Mention: NOT EVEN SEEING a wide open Brian Quick on a crucial 3rd down in our final drive.)

All three plays were good, well executed calls that failed solely because Keenumb is average... at best. We score those 2 TDs, the pick 6 (that HE threw) doesn't even matter and the fake punt doesn't even come into play. Even Todd Gurley's fumble wouldn't have mattered.

The defense while starting slow, balled out, allowing only 17 points until late in the 4th quarter (would have been ONLY 17 if Keenum knew where the fuck his receivers were). Like it or not... with even "above average" QB play, we win that game by two scores.

It is what it is, though. This is what you have to willing to accept if you're counting on Keenum to win football games. Its not going to happen. He's the consummate "7-9 quarterback" to compliment the ultimate "7-9 head coach".

When we start losing games in this fashion, it's about time to give Mannion or Goff a turn. Not that I'm 100% confident in either of them in particular. But we know they could, at the very least do what Keenumb does. Of course, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. Fisher is FAR too stubborn to risk showing even a hint of the possibility that he made a mistake in sticking with "his guy".

Ya know... come to think of it... maybe this loss IS more to blame on Fisher than I thought. But notr due to playcalling. Not today. Sorry, that's just too easy.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His accuracy is so inconsistent. There were a few overthrown balls and I thought I was watching Kirk Cousins from the 1:00 game. Then he throws that pick six that just makes me leave the room. As the season goes on I will expect to hear Goff chants.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the pick 6 was huge, but still a team loss. The run defense was atrocious, mainly because we chose to have 1 LB, which makes no sense what so ever! You could say Gurleys fumble was just as huge as the pick 6, it did lead to a Buffalo score?and that fake punt call was ridiculous! Ya Would have been nice if Keenum would have hit the long pass to Quick, but even long passes aren't guarantees, the best QBs miss those sometimes?

So I'm still giving this loss to the team!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Rams: Does Case Keenum Have A "Tell"?

"After the opening game loss to the San Francisco 49ers in Week 1, rumors began to spread that 49er defensive players knew what play was coming their way.
When the 49ers’ players said they knew the formations the Rams were in, I think it was a bit misleading. What they knew, by watching Keenum, gave them an edge as to play direction and type. I’d go so far as submit running back Todd Gurley’s lack of success so far this year can easily be tracked to his losing that crucial second or two he needs for a defense to figure out a play before reacting..."
Very interesting....

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I have read that Keenum is not allowed to audible. True?
2. What does the OC have against play action? Even the announcers were wondering.
3. What does the OC have against screen passes?
4. Why do the Rams always run Gurley up the middle on second down no matter what the circumstances? (See Gurley's fumble on 2nd and 19).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has tossed two pick sixes in 5 games. He has to be more careful with the ball. That play killed us big time! After that pick I just got up and walked outside to play with the dog; at that point I knew it was over..... Case may be better than he is looking however...remember who the head coach of the team is....Mr. QB destroyer Mr. no offense Jeff Fisher....There is a former Rams QB playing for a different team that is just shredding opponents this season. A better system? better game plans? Better team mates? I think a better coaching staff that knows what the heck they are doing.

He's just not a good QB. His numbers aren't far off his career averages, other than his INT rate thus far this season.

Career:
57%, 6.79 y/att, 19 TD (.031%), 14 INT (.023%), 11 FUM, 78.7 RAT

2016:
57.9%, 7.21 y/att, 4 TD (.026%), 5 INT (0.33%), 1 FUM, 75.4 RAT

This system isn't doing him many favors, although he did have a productive Gurley to balance the offense this past week. Regardless, Case isn't leading any team to even a .500 record over the course of a season. He'll need a strong running game and defense to make up for his shortcomings.

As far as that Gurley fumble, did anyone get a good view or a replay? It certainly looked like the Rams were on top of that, but the pile rolled over and the recovery was stolen.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-1 touchdown gift wrapped for the Bills defense.
The Int was on Cooper.

He ran a lazy out route, and was undercut because of it. If you taped it, go back and look.

Case lets that pass go before Cooper makes his cut on the out route, and the defender is behind Cooper. If Coop runs the route correctly, the defender must run through Cooper to make the play that he did. Instead, since Coop fades 3 yards deeper on his out route, the defender was able to undercut the route easily for the pick 6.

This happens when your not really expecting the target to come your way. :nod:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams just can't win games they are supposed to out of the NFC West. They won't beat The Lions Sunday, nor will they beat the Giants in London in two weeks. I don't get upset anymore 'cause I hate getting disappointed. I now prepare myself for the worst on game days. If they win, they win, if they don't, they don't.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams just can't win games they are supposed to out of the NFC West. They won't beat The Lions Sunday, nor will they beat the Giants in London in two weeks. I don't get upset anymore 'cause I hate getting disappointed. I now prepare myself for the worst on game days. If they win, they win, if they don't, they don't.

I agree, at this point the more we lose the more we win, in that Fisher has better chance of being gone!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, at this point the more we lose the more we win, in that Fisher has better chance of being gone!

not going to happen Smed

cause the only thing Stan cares about is money, and as long as he is making $, he's not going to bother doing anything to fix the product on the field ( including firing Fisher ).

why do you think there are rumors of a 3 year extension coming for Fisher? it's because all Stan cares about are the Benjamin's. as long as he is swimming in the greenbacks, Fisher will be back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going to happen Smed

cause the only thing Stan cares about is money, and as long as he is making $, he's not going to bother doing anything to fix the product on the field ( including firing Fisher ).

why do you think there are rumors of a 3 year extension coming for Fisher? it's because all Stan cares about are the Benjamin's. as long as he is swimming in the greenbacks, Fisher will be back.

Fisher does nothing to guarantee those greenbacks. That said, if we want to see Goff this season, the coaching change can't happen midseason. A new offense would set Goff's learning curve back significantly. Starting the offseason with a new system is the optimum time for it to happen (if it does).

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going to happen Smed

While I agree, Stan is all about the money, I've also heard this contract extension talk for quite some time now, and it hasn't happened. I think if we continue to lose, and I think we will, I don't think he gets the extension. Being a good winning team also helps you make money!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better now than never....Fisher needs to be gone and if Stan's Benjamins are gonna matter to him he'd do what's best and can the dipshit and his dipshit coordinator. Goff can't be set back any further than what he has with this simplified offense. Run of the middle for 2 yds on 2nd and 18 with a stacked box and run 5 yd curls on 3rd down and punting on 4th.

The play calling was shitty on sunday outside of the luck plays that happened it was consistently shitty. The stupid runs on 1st and 2nd up the middle..not being able to audible?? I mean what idiot coach tells the qb he can't audible only this fucking jackass more than likely. It doesn't help that all these fat ass lineman we drafted aren't worth a shit. Donnell, Brown, wichman, whoever else I left out didn't get drafted by other teams for a reason. There is no freakin push with these turds. We will more than likely lose to the Lions, and then to the Giants falling to 3-4 and then 3-5, and being knocked out of contention at 3-8. This is what i'd be happy with of course if it means heads are going to roll.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pisses me off the most about Fisher is, week in and week out it seems as though our players continue to go out on the field and commit stupid penalties at a crucial point in the game. :doh: Just when things start to look promising, BAM, 15yard personal foul! There have been many weeks where we have been penalized 100+ypg. Our players are NOT disciplined whatsoever! Its pretty obvious and this falls back on coach!

It will be interesting to see if Stan will continue to put up with this crap? My guess, (like Angel stated) Fisher will get a new contract!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an effort to stay with the thread of Keenumb, there is a two prong discussion here. Keenumb not able to call a game and his inability to not screw one up. I'll take the 2nd one first. The pick 6 and I agree was a lazy move by Cooper, but you never throw soft to the flat. Whether Cooper ran the wrong pattern or gave away the pattern, Keenumb threw it soft to the flat. Bingo, 41 yards later the Rams are down 23-16. You can lay the bad pattern on coaches but the throw was on Keenumb. Now for my first take on game calling. The fact that a QB can't call a play as needed is a lack of respect for the QB and his ability to think past a call from the bench. If that is the case, let Goff or Mannion play then. Injury ready to happen or not they will just call the plays signaled and be done with it. Second part of this problem is totally on Fisher. Take Keenumb out of the equation for a moment and look at the game. There are really 3 plays in the game that helped the Bills win. #1 The pick 6 with Cooper probably was not a hot route but having Cooper in on that play with his skill set is on Fisher and his coaches. #2 the fake punt, I don't remember a fake punt that our QB punter didn't throw it. The run there was stupid. The Rams had not cracked the line of scrimmage all day really and in our own territory, that play is on Fisher for giving the game completely away with a few minutes left. #3 and I believe is the most important reason the Rams lost. I might add, it is the reason I am yelling at the TV saying fire the Fisher now, he is a moron. 4th and goal at the 4 yard line. Fisher sends Greg the Leg in for the field goal. That is the most stupid decision he could make. Down by 7, scored just one TD all day, defense playing at the time well and he wants the field goad and the Rams are still a TD down. That is why he forever is a -500 coach. He did not give the Rams a chance to win it. At worst on 4th and goal they let the Bills have the ball there with a chance to stop them, get a safety, punt back for good field position and even other options. Nope he says get the 3, it looks better, I guess. OK I vented enough from last weeks game but to tell you the truth, this team is better than their record will indicate when this season is done. Fisher is the real Fishnumb!!!:nod:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Case or something is giving up the play to the defense. Defenses seem to know what is coming. Watch Case on the pick six before the snap. He is unconsciously doing something to tip off the defense as to what the play will be run or pass and where the pass is going. Gurley can't get any yards from scrimmage because the defense does not have to try and guess when he will run the ball, that split second of an advantage that a running back has is non existent on the Rams offense. Something in the way they line up or Case's stance is tipping off defenses. I'm sure of it.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...His name, its Keenumbskull, get it right!!! :nod: :suds:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puke:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Case or something is giving up the play to the defense. Defenses seem to know what is coming. Watch Case on the pick six before the snap. He is unconsciously doing something to tip off the defense as to what the play will be run or pass and where the pass is going. Gurley can't get any yards from scrimmage because the defense does not have to try and guess when he will run the ball, that split second of an advantage that a running back has is non existent on the Rams offense. Something in the way they line up or Case's stance is tipping off defenses. I'm sure of it.

I'm thinking it's more because we have like 5 plays in our playbook?