• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maiocco: Culliver will compete for job at cornerback, not safety

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just don't see how he'd be kept around as a backup for us. He went from an all star to a major weak link and should only keep getting worse at this point in his career. But some team will take a flyer out of desperation and start him.

If he made little enough he could be kept as a backup. That's what I mean. We wouldn't keep him as a backup at his current pay. He might not take a big enough cut to keep him as a backup. There also is a limitation of roster size.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His market would be around the 4 million range since he has been a starter and he is a NFL vet. The thing is no team would sign him for more then 1 year. But as others have stated I don't want him back because if he does come back he will play the nickle at least and I don't want him on the field.

That changes it a bit. If you don't want him, don't take the 4M paycut, just cut him. I thought you suggested the 4M cut because you wanted him to make less as a starter so that others could get paid - that he was worth 4M less. I was saying that if you do keep him, I don't see him staying for low enough pay that makes him a backup - I'd say pay me as a starter or cut me. Then, he'd be cut, but why stay when you are only getting older?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Understood, but I think it would be real unlikely that we'd be able to give him enough that we'd feel comfortable with him riding the bench compared to what some team would cough up to have him factor in as a starter. Our number for him should be well under that market as we should only be looking to pay him backup money. The only way that I see him coming back is if his market evaporated and we keep him around as a backup to mentor the youth infusion. And in that role he'd likely be cut during training camp with all the competition.

More than likely to me some team will take a flyer and pay him a lower starting salary on the hopes he can bounce back for a year. The major problem with him is that he lived with his speed and has lost a step.