• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic: I Hope the Lakers Lose Every Game

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to see them lose "most" games. but nothing is guaranteed with their being a lottery. they could end up with the 4th worst record..and the way the balls fall could end up dropping them out of top 5 thus giving the pick to phoenix. so unless they are going to pull off 8th seed then might as well do best effort at getting a top 5 pick and hope luck is on side

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to see them lose "most" games. but nothing is guaranteed with their being a lottery. they could end up with the 4th worst record..and the way the balls fall could end up dropping them out of top 5 thus giving the pick to phoenix. so unless they are going to pull off 8th seed then might as well do best effort at getting a top 5 pick and hope luck is on side

I can't actively root against them on a game to game basis. However, it doesn't bother me when they lose knowing it's not necessarily a bad thing.

And, to your point, they could end up with the 7th worst record but get the #1 overall pick. The tin hat wearing folks would get excited if that were to happen.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if Rondo should be benched. Smart came in on mon night and helped drive the comeback !

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson advocates tanking: 'I hope the Lakers lose every game' - CBSSports.com

My reaction to that is, how the times have changed! In 1987 if you told Magic and the Showtime team that they were to lose every remaining game, they'd all quit and hole up at the Playboy mansion.

You don't have to go back that far. Like 5 months ago he was tweeting out "Happy days are here again" and spent all summer talking about how great Scott would be for the Lakers, how much their defense would be this season, how improved the team would, and how things are gonna be so much better, etc. Now that its not like what he thought, he's going all in the other way.

But that's typical Magic. Much like his time as analyst, he just talks, not really mindful of what he's saying, what he's said, or what's going on in front of him. I love him to death as a player but he's a lot like his other all time great colleague, MJ, in that their talent just came so natural, it's really hard for them to explain stuff to others or just observe things without their megastar mind set.

The funny thing is, he's actually right. Whether or not he should say it publicly is a matter of opinion.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to go back that far. Like 5 months ago he was tweeting out "Happy days are here again" and spent all summer talking about how great Scott would be for the Lakers, how much their defense would be this season, how improved the team would, and how things are gonna be so much better, etc. Now that its not like what he thought, he's going all in the other way.

But that's typical Magic. Much like his time as analyst, he just talks, not really mindful of what he's saying, what he's said, or what's going on in front of him. I love him to death as a player but he's a lot like his other all time great colleague, MJ, in that their talent just came so natural, it's really hard for them to explain stuff to others or just observe things without their megastar mind set.

The funny thing is, he's actually right. Whether or not he should say it publicly is a matter of opinion.

Magic understands though that sometimes you have to break a few eggs in order to make a good omlet or bake a cake. In this case since the Lakers are losing any way, Magic is saying do it right and get that top 5 pick and I agree with Magic.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic understands though that sometimes you have to break a few eggs in order to make a good omlet or bake a cake. In this case since the Lakers are losing any way, Magic is saying do it right and get that top 5 pick and I agree with Magic.

No one said they don't understand wht Magic said.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the more games they lose the better regarding keeping their draft pick. Everyone understands this. He comes off looking like a hypocrite though. He eviscerated D'Antoni last season. He was relentless. The Lakers are in no better position this year than last. He won't treat Scott like the previous two coaches though. He'll always be my favorite player, but sometimes it is better to keep the trap shut.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't actively root against them on a game to game basis. However, it doesn't bother me when they lose knowing it's not necessarily a bad thing.

And, to your point, they could end up with the 7th worst record but get the #1 overall pick. The tin hat wearing folks would get excited if that were to happen.

Yep, while the game is on, I'm pulling for them to win all the way. When they lose though, I don't sweat it because it can help in the long run.

Really looking forward to the days when I can be pissed about losses again though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It seems to have worked too. He played better.

Yeah, he sulked around the first game coming off the bench, but was more into it the last one. I thought for a second that he might become a bit of a cancer in the locker room, but he seems to be over it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he pulled that same crap with the Dwight/Nash trade. When it happened he was praising the Lakers front office and guaranteeing championships.

When it didn't work out, through no fault of the Lakers FO, he turned around and ripped the FO saying what a stupid trade it was.

This is why he needs to stfu. The only time he's right about anything (like tanking) it's stuff he shouldn't be saying publicly.:L

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you Lakers fans feel about this?

If I was a Lakers fan I'd be pissed

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! :hellno:

Nick Young has NOT earned the right to comment negatively on Magic. Bow down, son!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he sulked around the first game coming off the bench, but was more into it the last one. I thought for a second that he might become a bit of a cancer in the locker room, but he seems to be over it.

I'm sure it was a huge shock to him. If memory serves, they said during the broadcast of the game that he had never come off the bench in his career. Now he seems on board with it. I'm sure he'd like to earn his starting job back, but end of the day, if Byron trusts him to be on the floor at the end of close games, he should be okay with that.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! :hellno:

Nick Young has NOT earned the right to comment negatively on Magic. Bow down, son!

THat's what I thought. He's a 6th man on one of the Lakers worst teams ever and he thinks he can call shots like that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you Lakers fans feel about this?

[MEDIA=twitter]542911289882734592[/MEDIA]

If I was a Lakers fan I'd be pissed

I agree with Nick Young and I think that it needed to be said, but I also agree with Hammer, that Young hasn't earned the right to be the one to say it.

Kobe, Byron, Mitch and Jeanie are the only one's that have earned the right to say it and I'm not even sure about Mitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed at Nick? It was a typical post game Swaggy interview where you can't take him too seriously.

Gotta say, he's probably the best post game interview in the league. Dude's hilarious.