• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Macklash

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macklash to Texas. You heard it here first.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much junk as I love to say about Texas, even that article, which was written and posted before Mack Brown announced he would resign, has some stuff in it that even I find implausible.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read all of that. Some boosters think they can do anything. They probably have the science department at UT trying to resurrect Darrell Royal.

I would describe their methods as Mackiavellian.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Texas made the best move with Mack going forward. I would have waited to make this move until next season. They just lost out on Saban (big fish) and are now going to be in panic mode soon if they don't find a viable candidate.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Texas made the best move with Mack going forward. I would have waited to make this move until next season. They just lost out on Saban (big fish) and are now going to be in panic mode soon if they don't find a viable candidate.

Lane Kiffin may be falling up again and land the Texas job.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a conjecture laden 'story' of a journalistic article. Steer crap.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait until the end of next season?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack should be a professor at the LBJ School of Public Relations. If you think that he does not, as a first task in everything he does, aim to control the message/media, then you just missed it. He indeed has pulled former players now working in media into his office and told them to keep the news positive. Brian Jones didn't like being told that. Rod Babers, who actually played for Brown, and works for the Longhorn Sports Network here in Austin, met with Brown this season because Mack didn't like the 'bad' things Babers was saying about the defense. Babers in the end resigned.

Mack turned this story completely around, and has got what he wanted. All the headlines, from ESPN, CBS, newspapers, etc., headlined stories saying that 'Mack leaves with class and dignity' while not the same is being said about the institution.

I've always been a MB supporter, wasn't until this season, at BYU, where I realized that the time had come.

Lets find some young new coach, and start anew.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't that long ago that Mack's ability to interface with and control the media was a positive.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't that long ago that Mack's ability to interface with and control the media was a positive.

It is a positive on, for example, LHN, where he is very good in front of a camera. Being here in Austin, maybe too close to the "news", but we've seen him get very testy with the press at times. Starting with the whole Simms issue, where he jumped in front of Simms at a postgame press conference and answered the questions address to Simms.

He did again this year, heading to the lockeroom of the Iowa State game, where he jumped in front of Major and didn't let him answer the questions addressed to him. He's done this a lot.

And his presser yesterday, at 1:00 pm was a tour de force. I've watched it several times, and it is a masterful example of manipulation. Just amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I hate this. I have a lot of good memories of the MB years, and examples of many great things he's done. And I don't really blame him for using his skills and power to exit the way he wants.