• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mack traded to Bears

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What will you're reaction be if the Niners trade two firsts to move up and draft a top pass rusher in the top 5 of the 2019 draft and then pay him at least 7.5 million a year over four years (probably more based on salary cap increase next year). That is still a lot of money for a guy you don't if he'll pan out vs a star player you know can preform even if the cap hit is 23.5 million a year on average.

Good question. I don't see any team trading two 1sts for a non-QB, but i got the gist of your question.

The answer is.........It'll depend on how well the team does this season? It'll depend on how much better it got, and if it becomes a SB contending team? Is Garopollo legit or not as a franchise QB?

Secondarily, how well did this last draft class do? Did the previous draft class continue to get better?

The rookie cap is MUCH less than what Mack got.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i stand corrected, i believe the Falcons traded two 1st round picks for Julio Jones?

But doesn't change my answer. If this team stays the same or goes down, i wouldn't make a mega-deal unless it is for a QB. A 'younger' QB that is.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I don't see any team trading two 1sts for a non-QB, but i got the gist of your question.

The answer is.........It'll depend on how well the team does this season? It'll depend on how much better it got, and if it becomes a SB contending team? Is Garopollo legit or not as a franchise QB?

Secondarily, how well did this last draft class do? Did the previous draft class continue to get better?

The rookie cap is MUCH less than what Mack got.

The rookie cap is much less than what Mack got, but it's still 7.5 million on average for this years top five players and that number would likely increase next year as it goes up with each cap increase. A pass rushing DE is a premium position so I'm guessing it would take a big trade like two firsts to get from 15 to top 5. I don't believe this year's QB class is as strong so probably won't see QB's being picked higher than they should causing really good defensive players too slip. Is it worth the larger money for a sure thing I would say yes especially with a cap surplus that the Niners have and they would still be able to keep the likes of Buckner and Foster when they need to be resigned.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookie cap is much less than what Mack got, but it's still 7.5 million on average for this years top five players and that number would likely increase next year as it goes up with each cap increase. A pass rushing DE is a premium position so I'm guessing it would take a big trade like two firsts to get from 15 to top 5. I don't believe this year's QB class is as strong so probably won't see QB's being picked higher than they should causing really good defensive players too slip. Is it worth the larger money for a sure thing I would say yes especially with a cap surplus that the Niners have and they would still be able to keep the likes of Buckner and Foster when they need to be resigned.

LOL, teams seem to always be trading up for QBs regardless of the QB class. The Wentz/Goff QB class was thought to be a weak class but two teams traded up to take them much higher than where most thought those players should go.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams made a play for Mack too. Could you imagine if he landed in LA?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, teams seem to always be trading up for QBs regardless of the QB class. The Wentz/Goff QB class was thought to be a weak class but two teams traded up to take them much higher than where most thought those players should go.

Yes but this year a lot of QB's went early ahead of talent that was superior I don't see that happening again next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we went all in on this trade. But after seeing the contract he got Im happy we didnt make this trade. No Defensive player should make the same amount as a Top QB. Bears way over paid.

Now if Im the 49ers I go all in on Bell. Imagine him in this offense OMG.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but this year a lot of QB's went early ahead of talent that was superior I don't see that happening again next year.
This coming draft is really weak at QB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we went all in on this trade. But after seeing the contract he got Im happy we didnt make this trade. No Defensive player should make the same amount as a Top QB. Bears way over paid.

Now if Im the 49ers I go all in on Bell. Imagine him in this offense OMG.

I've been thinking this myself. I'm not sure what it would take certainly not what it took to get Mack especially with what Bell has been doing right now doesn't help.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will you're reaction be if the Niners trade two firsts to move up and draft a top pass rusher in the top 5 of the 2019 draft and then pay him at least 7.5 million a year over four years (probably more based on salary cap increase next year). That is still a lot of money for a guy you don't if he'll pan out vs a star player you know can preform even if the cap hit is 23.5 million a year on average.
I'm waiting to see what the 49ers are going to give up for Leveon Bell.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to see what the 49ers are going to give up for Leveon Bell.
If we want Bell, why trade for him now? Why not wait until the offseason when we could sign him w/o giving up draft picks?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want Bell, why trade for him now? Why not wait until the offseason when we could sign him w/o giving up draft picks?

Yes but this very reason is why it wouldn't take as much plus get to get him in a be a part of the culture.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we don't have any decent running backs now and Pittsburgh may be just pissed off enough right now to let him go cheap. I have this feeling the 49ers are going to get him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we don't have any decent running backs now and Pittsburgh may be just pissed off enough right now to let him go cheap. I have this feeling the 49ers are going to get him.

This too with McKinnon going down they running game has taken a huge hit. Of course both starting guards getting injured didn't help either.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@poewelch84 @Montalban
Vegas has us as the 2nd favorite to land him, so it's at least a decent possibility that he lands here. However trading for him? First, I don't see the Steelers backing down. Second, I wouldn't give up much for him since he'll be a FA in 5 months.

If we wouldn't beat the trade for Mack, I don't see us giving up a lot for Bell. Then there is the issue of paying him. He isn't gonna come here and play on the tag. He'll want a new contract, but I don't see the Niners or any other team coming anywhere close to paying him what he's asking for (ala 16M/year).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@poewelch84 @Montalban
Vegas has us as the 2nd favorite to land him, so it's at least a decent possibility that he lands here. However trading for him? First, I don't see the Steelers backing down. Second, I wouldn't give up much for him since he'll be a FA in 5 months.

If we wouldn't beat the trade for Mack, I don't see us giving up a lot for Bell. Then there is the issue of paying him. He isn't gonna come here and play on the tag. He'll want a new contract, but I don't see the Niners or any other team coming anywhere close to paying him what he's asking for (ala 16M/year).

Well he won't play for less than the franchise tag each season. I think the biggest thing is they keep stringing him along on one year deals and as a RB that is a dangerous proposition.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@poewelch84 @Montalban

In th end I kinda doubt Chuckie wanted to trade him to the Niners and then have to listen to it even that much more.
Some local radio channel would have given Mack his own spot

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In th end I kinda doubt Chuckie wanted to trade him to the Niners and then have to listen to it even that much more.
Some local radio channel would have given Mack his own spot

Chuckie would have if we have given them an even better offer. We know what Chicago offered and we would have had to top that so who knows what it would have cost us to get Mack. Maybe too much.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuckie would have if we have given them an even better offer. We know what Chicago offered and we would have had to top that so who knows what it would have cost us to get Mack. Maybe too much.
I don't see it.
He'd have the Mack trade front and center everyday if they did
They are already sick and tired of having to answer for thier mistake

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is the silver lining in a cloud....Garopollo's injury might set the stage for SF to grab any of the top edge rushers in a draft that supposedly is loaded with them. It certainly is no guarantee like Mack....so grab a couple of them if you can.