• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch is my Media Hero

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL takes $100K from Seattle Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch for his media silence - ESPN

Lynch was asked what he thought about Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's comments, who also said Lynch was being treated on the sideline.

"I don't know what he talked about," Lynch said. "I'm interested in y'all's take on it. What did you feel about it?"

When asked about his back, Lynch talked about his shoes.

"My cleats, it's a nice feel," Lynch said. "Right here in my inner sole, they put some heaters in here. It's pretty nice. It's a great feeling. And they put this little squiggling line here that looks like an M and an L for Marshawn Lynch. It's pretty nice. I like to play in these. These are nice cleats."

Lynch was asked if he had any input into the design of his shoes.

"No, in this league you really don't have a lot of input in nothing, just your play," he said. "That's about it."

Lynch also was asked about the team setting the franchise rushing record two weeks ago (350 yards against the New York Giants), but only responded with statements about rap singers he likes.

Lynch was warned by league officials last week that he was subject to the fine if he didn't talk to the media after Sunday's game. It is Lynch's third fine for violations of the media policy.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just doesn't like the limelight. Maybe they should fine some of these coaches who give the worst press conferences ever.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn is a trip. A real trip.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch went with other players today to visit the kids at Marysville Pilchuck Hugh school, where 5 people died in a school shooting recently. On the way there he found a man's wallet that had been dropped at a gas station, returned the wallet to the man's neighbors, since the guy wasn't home.

But yeah, he's such a bad guy for not giving a shitty interview like Bill Belichick

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the media hawks as well, all they do is look for something,anything at all to twist and turn your words to make you or your team look bad. Screw the media, they can eat a dick.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch went with other players today to visit the kids at Marysville Pilchuck Hugh school, where 5 people died in a school shooting recently. On the way there he found a man's wallet that had been dropped at a gas station, returned the wallet to the man's neighbors, since the guy wasn't home.

But yeah, he's such a bad guy for not giving a shitty interview like Bill Belichick

Source?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind players like Lynch not wanting to talk to the media, I also get the NFL's point that they must. It helps the league, players connect with fans and gives people something to talk about. If they didn't require it, teams would probably put a gag order on players and we'd get shit.

But these should be a presser 2-3 times a month on a Wednesday or something. Post game should not be mandatory, sideline reporters? Go away. Having access to the locker room right after a game for men or women is a bunch of crap as far as i'm concerned. If you want to be in an NFL locker room, make the team or the staff or be very good at your job and build a relationship with a player like they used to have to do. Work for your "scoop" and deliver it in a way that is respectable rather than inflammatory to get more clicks.

I certainly get where Marshawn is coming from, everything is TMZ style out there these days or at least it seems that way.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players union could put a stop to all these asinine fines if they chose. I will never understand how the Union got to be so gutless.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players union could put a stop to all these asinine fines if they chose. I will never understand how the Union got to be so gutless.

Could they? I would assume their CBA or contract stipulates they talk to the media.

Assuming that's true, I think the fines are pretty reasonable. It's no different from Lynch refusing to do any other part of the job he's paid handsomely for.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind players like Lynch not wanting to talk to the media, I also get the NFL's point that they must. It helps the league, players connect with fans and gives people something to talk about. If they didn't require it, teams would probably put a gag order on players and we'd get shit.

But these should be a presser 2-3 times a month on a Wednesday or something. Post game should not be mandatory, sideline reporters? Go away. Having access to the locker room right after a game for men or women is a bunch of crap as far as i'm concerned. If you want to be in an NFL locker room, make the team or the staff or be very good at your job and build a relationship with a player like they used to have to do. Work for your "scoop" and deliver it in a way that is respectable rather than inflammatory to get more clicks.

I certainly get where Marshawn is coming from, everything is TMZ style out there these days or at least it seems that way.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nsfw/135511-1-post.html

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has the worst union in sports, they need a MLB type of union to protect themselves.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"were onto Arizona" "were on to Arizona" were on to arizona............ over and over. That is fine from your head coach. But you taking 100K from a rb who gave a one on one interview after the chiefs game?

Maybe if the nfl media wasn't the sports version of the E channel. With their unnamed sources, and gossip mongering,.....

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they? I would assume their CBA or contract stipulates they talk to the media.

Assuming that's true, I think the fines are pretty reasonable. It's no different from Lynch refusing to do any other part of the job he's paid handsomely for.
Not only is being fined by your employer wrong, it's illegal in many states.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is being fined by your employer wrong, it's illegal in many states.

The NFL does not employ Lynch, the seahawks do. Remember the NFL is a non profit organization of companies (teams). That allows the avoidance of monopoly laws.

As for Lynch and the media, I am not sure why he ever took the fines. Just go vomit 50 sports cliches like every other player and move on.

To be honest, I am not sure why anyone wants to hear these players talk most of the time. They are either incoherent statements or cliche after cliche. And they are always asked the same milk-toast questions.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL does not employ Lynch, the seahawks do. Remember the NFL is a non profit organization of companies (teams). That allows the avoidance of monopoly laws.

As for Lynch and the media, I am not sure why he ever took the fines. Just go vomit 50 sports cliches like every other player and move on.

To be honest, I am not sure why anyone wants to hear these players talk most of the time. They are either incoherent statements or cliche after cliche. And they are always asked the same milk-toast questions.

The NFL teams are not Non-Profit, the NFL League Office is. Big difference, but that still doesnt stop NFL teams from fucking tax payers by receiving government subsidies.

As for why people want to hear incoherent dribble and cliche after cliche from cookie cutter questions...that one is pretty self explanatory.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, props to Marshawn. Hilarious.