• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Schenn to Philly?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly this, he has been playing hurt it was documented in the media and so far he has shown incredible chemistry with B Schenn. Now why would you trade a guy who has shown an ability to take it to another level when healthy. Do you also forget how good he looked with G last year? Whatever injury he is dealing with has slowed him down through most of the first half of the year, it looks like he's starting to turn a corner now. JVR projects to be a 30-40 goal a year guy and they are much harder to find/replace then a defensemen. I can't even call L Schenn top 4 now dues to his play time being cut by almost a third this season.

Secondly Tor needs a center as far as I can tell Giroux, B Schenn & Couturier are all untouchable & JVR can't play center. This leaves DB, Talbot and Read. I can't see Talbot going anywhere especially not knowing his medical condition after being head hunted by Staois last night. DB has an NTC and who knows if he would waive it to goto Tor to be their #1 center(DB is expendable now due to our young talent in my eyes). That leaves Read who is very promising and has good trade value right now, but I don't think he has the upside of our other young players including JVR. I could also see Tor possibly wanting Vorachek, but I would prefer to hold onto him since I still see a lot of un-tapped potential.

As I said Burke over-values his assets and Homer has to be smart enough to not just agree, JVR will prove to be worthy of a #2 overall pick as soon as he is 100% healthy, but he isn't looking too bad now that he found some complimentary line mates.

This is why I think JVR for L Schenn straight up is lopsided in Tor's favor.

I stopped reading this after you said JVR has the ability to take it to another level. I was laughing so hard my eyes were bouncing. Where did you get this idea the he has that ability to do so i would love some examples of this.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading this after you said JVR has the ability to take it to another level. I was laughing so hard my eyes were bouncing. Where did you get this idea the he has that ability to do so i would love some examples of this.

See last years playoffs where he dominated the Boston series, or does the Briere argument not work for other players?

More recently the 1st Ottatwa game in the b2b where he drew 3 penalties cause he was flying around their defense, granted he didn't score but he created a ton of scoring chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Spice the guy hasnt done anything for three years and your basing his value on a three game stretch where he has jump in his step cmon bro lay off the martini's

and what the hell makes luke schenn any better? the guy is playing like 15 minutes a game right now!!!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would NOT trade JVR for Luke Schenn. There has to be a better young vet defenseman available. Heck talk to Nashville about Ryan Ellis or Montreal about Subban.

i dont know if i have ever hated a player more, he is at avery level, the guy is a prick no thanks. ellis i would definitely consider, is myers available from buffalo haha

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See last years playoffs where he dominated the Boston series, or does the Briere argument not work for other players?

More recently the 1st Ottatwa game in the b2b where he drew 3 penalties cause he was flying around their defense, granted he didn't score but he created a ton of scoring chances.

So were supposed to keep this clown because he drew 3 penalties in 1 game out of 41 this year and his total domination of boston lead to a series total of 1 goal 0 assists and a minus 3 in a 7 game series so please stop bringing up the Boston series. Not to mention that was a long time ago and hasnt done anything since.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you hate him or not doesn't matter. You can't deny the fact that he has talent.

He has talent? when will be seeing this so called talent i hope it's soon because ive been waiting a long time now for him to play like a 2nd rounder no less the number 2 pick in the entire draft.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whether you hate him or not doesn't matter. You can't deny the fact that he has talent.

in fact it does, the flyers have never really taken on assholes. i guess you could consider carcillo that type of player but i dunno, never had much of an opinion on carcillo before he come to philly.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has talent? when will be seeing this so called talent i hope it's soon because ive been waiting a long time now for him to play like a 2nd rounder no less the number 2 pick in the entire draft.

im pretty sure he was talking about subban

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently I wish we drafted Jamie Benn or PK over JVR

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I still want Schenn. JVR will turn around, but the whole "playoff clutch" thing with jVR was likely a product of Giroux (Just look at Hartnell)

Luke Schenn > MAB, Lilja