• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Schenn to Philly?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hmmm i dont know that looks nothing like him ha

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Schenn-JVR, updates on Suter, Schneider, Hemsky + others in Insider Trading with moi, @TSNBobMcKenzie,@Real_ESPNLeBrun and @tsnjamesduthie

wut

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it looks nothing like JVR, but I already sady that JVR is worth more then Luke Schenn now.

I agree. If anything they have been the same player. Both are very very high picks with less than expected performances thus far.

Of the two, I choose JvR. For our team though, we need defensive help. I might choose Schenn. I think it is a straight up wash though. No need for picks involved.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JVR has a much higher upside, but he I tihnk he can be much more easily replaced by guys we have than Luke Schenn can be with MAB/Lilja

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the thought of having brothers is ballin. (I dont have any brothers :L)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its JVR for Schenn straight up I wouldn't do it. I know we need defense but I think that over paying even with them both under achieving some. To me Schenns value dropped a lot by playing 6 fewer mins a game where as JVR has yet to be given true top 3 time. I could see Read for Schenn easier then JVR for Schenn

Also remember Tor needs a center or at least someone who can play center & JVR cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be Read or Voracek for Schenn.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think schenn needs a change of scenery he could become dominant in philly...just not sure if trading JVR is the thing to do but that's who burke would want no doubt. What about JVR for suter...if suter was signed to a 5 year deal first? Something to think about because they can't even play all of their starting forwards each night. I don't like when Harry Z or Rinaldo have to sit!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHy would they trade Read?

If that is what Toronto wants in return for Schenn? I was just throwing his name in there. I think JVR is too much unless Toronto threw in a high pick as well. Schenn's stock has dropped. I think Read would be the man who might get dealt or Voracek.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are saying JVR is to much..... Can you guys explain to me what you have seen over the years he's been a Flyer to determine he's to much to trade for a roll of tape and a goalie mask no less a solid defenseman like Schenn

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of people are saying JVR is to much..... Can you guys explain to me what you have seen over the years he's been a Flyer to determine he's to much to trade for a roll of tape and a goalie mask no less a solid defenseman like Schenn

blinded by absolute hate....his line right now is effective and hes got the jump in his step again. i truly believe he has been battling an injury issue for the season and they are letting him "play through it". trading him is a mistake, a big mistake.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR for Shenn would be a great deal for the Flyers.
In no way do I trade Read

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jvr has a much higher ceiling than read, as much as I Like read and get frustrated by jvr, I absolutely trade read over jvr if they'll take it

Hell no to voracek though. Hes been the flyers hardest worker in at least 40/43 games so far this season he just hasn't had linemates that can keep up. I think they should sit jagr down for a week or two cause he's looked very slow and doesn't seem to trust his groin. Voracek should take his spot.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his line right now is effective and hes got the jump in his step again. i truly believe he has been battling an injury issue for the season and they are letting him "play through it". trading him is a mistake, a big mistake.

Exactly this, he has been playing hurt it was documented in the media and so far he has shown incredible chemistry with B Schenn. Now why would you trade a guy who has shown an ability to take it to another level when healthy. Do you also forget how good he looked with G last year? Whatever injury he is dealing with has slowed him down through most of the first half of the year, it looks like he's starting to turn a corner now. JVR projects to be a 30-40 goal a year guy and they are much harder to find/replace then a defensemen. I can't even call L Schenn top 4 now dues to his play time being cut by almost a third this season.

Secondly Tor needs a center as far as I can tell Giroux, B Schenn & Couturier are all untouchable & JVR can't play center. This leaves DB, Talbot and Read. I can't see Talbot going anywhere especially not knowing his medical condition after being head hunted by Staois last night. DB has an NTC and who knows if he would waive it to goto Tor to be their #1 center(DB is expendable now due to our young talent in my eyes). That leaves Read who is very promising and has good trade value right now, but I don't think he has the upside of our other young players including JVR. I could also see Tor possibly wanting Vorachek, but I would prefer to hold onto him since I still see a lot of un-tapped potential.

As I said Burke over-values his assets and Homer has to be smart enough to not just agree, JVR will prove to be worthy of a #2 overall pick as soon as he is 100% healthy, but he isn't looking too bad now that he found some complimentary line mates.

This is why I think JVR for L Schenn straight up is lopsided in Tor's favor.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blinded by absolute hate....his line right now is effective and hes got the jump in his step again. i truly believe he has been battling an injury issue for the season and they are letting him "play through it". trading him is a mistake, a big mistake.

Spice the guy hasnt done anything for three years and your basing his value on a three game stretch where he has jump in his step cmon bro lay off the martini's