• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU vs Wisky / Who wins? Predictions

Wisky vs LSU who wins?

• LSU by less than 7

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wisky by less than 7

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • LSU by MORE than 7

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Wisky by MORE than 7

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following schools offered him at QB (either out of high school or junior college): Wisconsin, Oregon, Florida, West Virginia, South Carolina, Michigan, North Carolina, Duke, Boston College, NC State, Miami, Louisville, Illinois, Pitt, Rutgers, and Virginia.

He broke his hand last year, so he couldn't play offense. He's a great athlete, but the general feeling is that Stave is a lot more polished. I'd rather see Stave myself. This game means everything and Stave is much more proven and less likely to lay an egg.

So why isn't STave playing?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow LSU at all i have no idea what to expect. I am concerned about WI though. I hope McEvoy is an answer at QB. Stave was not. I don't think he progressed in 2 years at all and had horrible accuracy. So many plays left on the field because he could not deliver the ball on target, or even close sometimes.

I have no idea what McEvoy brings. I know he was highly thought of last year when he was brought in, but then because of athleticism, need, giving Stave time to mature, giving McEvoy time to learn the WI system before taking over( i have no idea the reason) he was moved to safety. Maybe he's digested enough to take over. Maybe they decided that Stave just isn't going to get better? I don't know, but one thing was painfully obvious last year, we needed better qb play.

And we lost some big time talent on defense. Just losing Borland alone leaves a huge hole there. I like a lot of our guys, I like our new coach and how he approaches things. I think they overachieved last year in fact. I think that had something to do with the coach. Unlike Bulimia, who always seemed to do less with more, Anderson may not have had all talent at every position, but he got everything he could out of them. I'll take my chances with a coach like that more often than not.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Smart, you know I'm joking.

Expecting a good hard hitting game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game means everything?

:noidea:

Have you seen the rest of our schedule? If we're good enough to win this, we should absolutely go 12-0 and be playing Miller-less OSU for a trip to the playoff. If we lose, we'd have to win out, and even that might not be enough.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not share the sentiment that Stave should play. He may have more experience, but he has more than proven to me, he doesn't have what it takes at all to be an effective qb. He can occasionally hit a wide open WR because of our tremendous running game. He missed so many passes last year. Even completions were great catches a lot of the time and what could have been 20+ yard gains and huge plays were done where he caught it because they had to stop routes, contort, dive and do everything possible to make a play on a poorly thrown ball rather than catch it in stride and make decent plays into game changing big ones.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment I have Wisconsin for 1 point on pick em, but thinking of changing to LSU. I hear that Stave is hurt which is the reason that Wisconsin is changing QB's. Could go either. These are the types of games in week 1 I always seem to get wrong.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaches picked McEvoy. Most people think Stave has played better in the preseason, but the coaches want a mobile QB. They aren't even bothering to recruit pocket passers any more. Stave had -35 rushing yards last year. He doesn't fit what the coaches want.

That said, we'll still probably see Stave against LSU. He may even be the primary QB with the McEvoy "start" as a gimmick to throw them off. As I said in the other thread, we'll find out in 8 days.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches picked McEvoy. Most people think Stave has played better in the preseason, but the coaches want a mobile QB. They aren't even bothering to recruit pocket passers any more. Stave had -35 rushing yards last year. He doesn't fit what the coaches want.

That said, we'll still probably see Stave against LSU. He may even be the primary QB with the McEvoy "start" as a gimmick to throw them off. As I said in the other thread, we'll find out in 8 days.

You_gonna_get_raped.jpg

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got 1 point on the Corn Dwags.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose Wisconsin since I live closer to Wisconsin than Louisiana. Plus, I hope the B1G can turn the ship around and start winning games to get back in the championship hunt.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whichever qb makes the least amount of mistakes.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get the people thinking we'll win a close game. We are 5-15 in games decided by 10 or fewer over the last four years (as opposed to 34-0 in games decided by more than 10 points). Close games have sort of been our kyptonite.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get the people thinking we'll win a close game. We are 5-15 in games decided by 10 or fewer over the last four years (as opposed to 34-0 in games decided by more than 10 points). Close games have sort of been our kyptonite.

Because it's LSU and they are like a box of chocolates with corndogs on the side.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is all about defense... Wisconsin lost too much in front 7.

Unfortunately I think LSU wins by more than 7.

I doubt either team wins by more than 7. On Wisconsin's side, I don't have anywhere near enough confidence in McEvoy's first game at QB to say that we'll win by more than a TD. On the other side, the way that we play, and the way that Melvin can take over a game, makes it very unlikely that we get beat by more than a TD. I think it's a close game that comes down to whoever can make a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter. I'll be a homer and go 23-17 Wisconsin.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is the one I'm most on-the-fence about other than Clem/UGA

I have 2 confidence points on the Badgers