• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU vs Clemson

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is daunting. Hopefully, Burrow is the key to break all our bad luck. Bad management decisions, poor coaching, injury prone players, etc.
We'll find out. I think F/A will be telling, because if they don't get at least one higher tier OL - I mean - yikes. Could they get lucky with Williams panning out at LT and the other guy swinging over to RT and finding out that they are OK? Sure - but I wouldn't want to make that bet. I'm signing at least one top of the line OL - either guard or tackle, and then signing one middle tier OL. Again, guard or Tackle.

The bonus of beefing up the line isn't just protecting Burrow - but imagine Joe Mixon actually having some running room.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out. I think F/A will be telling, because if they don't get at least one higher tier OL - I mean - yikes. Could they get lucky with Williams panning out at LT and the other guy swinging over to RT and finding out that they are OK? Sure - but I wouldn't want to make that bet. I'm signing at least one top of the line OL - either guard or tackle, and then signing one middle tier OL. Again, guard or Tackle.

The bonus of beefing up the line isn't just protecting Burrow - but imagine Joe Mixon actually having some running room.

I don't disagree, but it really looks like they are going to want to resign Green. That takes a good chunk of money. I see where pundits in several mock drafts have the Bengals going after OG Kindley from Auburn in the 2nd round. If you get one guy for RT Bulaga, Conklin, etc. along with Kindley, I can't see them going after a second offensive lineman in FA with Michael Jordan playing better down the stretch at Guard, and Fred Johnson looking like a starting tackle down the stretch to already go with the new RT and Jonah Williams, and then you have Jordan, Kindley, Price at guards. Price is also your backup center to Hopkins.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but it really looks like they are going to want to resign Green. That takes a good chunk of money. I see where pundits in several mock drafts have the Bengals going after OG Kindley from Auburn in the 2nd round. If you get one guy for RT Bulaga, Conklin, etc. along with Kindley, I can't see them going after a second offensive lineman in FA with Michael Jordan playing better down the stretch at Guard, and Fred Johnson looking like a starting tackle down the stretch to already go with the new RT and Jonah Williams, and then you have Jordan, Kindley, Price at guards. Price is also your backup center to Hopkins.
We'll see on Green. I keep saying, even if he just ends up walking away - the Bengals still win that because it will save them from paying 18MM a year for the next 3-4 years for a guy who is on the downside of his career.

Lots of interesting decisions to be had.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you can just hope for good things to happen. It's better to overspend on the line and have too much depth. Get a proven guy or two that are looking for a one or two year payday. If some of the young guys develop, that's fine.... They can wait in line or swing to the positions when inevitable injuries occour. But if our plan is to have a talented LT that has never played, a promising young guard that still needs major improvement (Jordan), an undrafted free agent tackle that looked in limited action, a second round prospect (kid from Auburn), and a guard that looks like a bust (Price), I think you are counting on way too much uncertainty.

Keep in mind how important Whitworth was to Jared Goff and that Rams offense. Taylor has to recognize this.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can just hope for good things to happen. It's better to overspend on the line and have too much depth. Get a proven guy or two that are looking for a one or two year payday. If some of the young guys develop, that's fine.... They can wait in line or swing to the positions when inevitable injuries occour. But if our plan is to have a talented LT that has never played, a promising young guard that still needs major improvement (Jordan), an undrafted free agent tackle that looked in limited action, a second round prospect (kid from Auburn), and a guard that looks like a bust (Price), I think you are counting on way too much uncertainty.

Keep in mind how important Whitworth was to Jared Goff and that Rams offense. Taylor has to recognize this.

Agreed. I think, if I am the Bengals, I would certainly target an OT and an OG. Those guys are the starters. I'm banking a bit on Jonah being good enough to earn that 1st round pick - and with C locked up that gives 4 of the 5 positions locked up. Having a guy who can swing between the tackle spots and a solid backup guard is not a bad thing. Injuries will happen, and having depth along the OL only further goes to protect the investment of picking Burrow.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you will really need to know about this team's commitment to winning/competing will be if they make any effort to bring in a non-washed up free agent.

They will have money to spend, holes to fill, and a brand new potential franchise QB coming in.

If not, and its the annual "take a flier on", and "build through the draft," and "compensatory picks" BS, then they should trade #1, and no one should ever go to a game, buy a t-shirt, or pay any attention to them.