• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lovie Smith's Gift to Chicago

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lovie go for two late in the Texans' win over the Colts, giving the Bears the #1 overall pick, because he had been told he was getting fired after the game?

If so, well played Lovie.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it is going to matter in the least.

Bears will take Anderson. Houston will take probably Young (maybe Stroud when it all plays out). Same situation that we would have seen if their positions in the draft were flopped.

The QB's in this draft flat out arent good enough of prospects IMO for teams to sell the farm for and trade up for the #1 overall pick. Each one has some pretty big warts when you break them down. People have to remember it is EARLY in the draft process. At this point last year, people were saying Malik Willis was going to be a top 10 pick.

And Anderson is too good of a prospect for Chicago to drop out of position to take him without getting a gigantic package for.

Hell in the end the only thing that this is likely to accomplish is that the Bears will end up paying Anderson more than they would have if they would have had the overall #2 pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears will take Anderson. Houston will take probably Young (maybe Stroud when it all plays out). Same situation that we would have seen if their positions in the draft were flopped.

The QB's in this draft flat out arent good enough of prospects IMO for teams to sell the farm for and trade up for the #1 overall pick. Each one has some pretty big warts when you break them down. People have to remember it is EARLY in the draft process. At this point last year, people were saying Malik Willis was going to be a top 10 pick.

And Anderson is too good of a prospect for Chicago to drop out of position to take him without getting a gigantic package for.

Hell in the end the only thing that this is likely to accomplish is that the Bears will end up paying Anderson more than they would have if they would have had the overall #2 pick.
I’d rather have Carter.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see if it matters. Houston is likely taking a QB, I think, because they do not appear to like Davis Mills.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if the Bears don't trade out of the #1 overall pick to stockpile more picks... They have so many holes... Some team out there will want to leap frog the Colts and Texans to get one of the top QB's...

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson is too good of a prospect for Chicago to drop out of position to take him without getting a gigantic package for.
Trust me, there are so many spots to fill on this roster that if Poles is offered even a decent package, he'll take it. The only way the Bears keep the #1 pick is because no team came forward with a solid offer.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - if I'm Chicago - I'm letting any and all GM's know....

Season 3 Episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if the Bears don't trade out of the #1 overall pick to stockpile more picks... They have so many holes... Some team out there will want to leap frog the Colts and Texans to get one of the top QB's...

Just going by the eye test, CJ Stroud is the only QB worth a damn this season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite intrigued about what Chicago is going to do with the #1 overall... do they trade Fields, draft Young? Most of the talent in this draft is defensive (Anderson, Carter, Wilson, maybe even Murphy).... there are a number of teams that do need a QB so I have to imagine someone will propose trading up with the Bears for Stroud or Young, but I doubt the Bears are going to get a huge haul of picks for it... Levis, Young, Stroud, Richardson... all 4 could go top 10.

Rumors are Carter now has motivational issues which you do NOT want to put on a shitty team if true.. Bears probably need to just draft Anderson and call it a day.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Bears don't trade out of the #1 overall pick to stockpile more picks... They have so many holes...

It's just some franchises you can't change the foundation. Their identity is smashmouth. They've always been horrible at developing offense. I get the fact that building around Fields should be a priority, but don't force it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just some franchises you can't change the foundation. Their identity is smashmouth. They've always been horrible at developing offense. I get the fact that building around Fields should be a priority, but don't force it.
I agree about their identity being smashmouth... That's why I think trading down while stock piling a few picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round will help them build a tough defense... Their defense was not very good this year and that's not the identity of the Chicago Bears... Trading down while gaining more picks would put them in a position to grab potential starters at DL, LB, DB and possibly a OL in the first few rounds...

They have 3 picks in the top 65... Trading down could get them 5-6 picks in the top 65...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is rather ingenious of the Texans if you think about it. Some 3D chess right here.

Knowing that the Bears always fucks up their picks when they draft in the top 5. Allowing them to draft ahead of the Texans takes one bust off the board, before the Texans pick.
Brandon Scott Jones Ghosts GIF by CBS
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Bears don't trade out of the #1 overall pick to stockpile more picks... They have so many holes...

Yeah but they cant take a pittance to trade out of the spot either. And my point really was that I dont think any team in the draft is going to make to make the type of offer it takes to trade up from say pick #4 to #1 overall just in order to leapfrog the Texans.

People dont understand what that would cost. The Bears will be asking for Indy's 1st round pick next year too as well as probabl 3 2nd round picks plus more. Indy cant afford that price unless it is for a player they believe cant bust. I dont think they are going to see that in either Stroud or Young. That #1 overall pick actually costs WAY more than what Denver gave up for Russell Wilson. WAY more.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by the eye test, CJ Stroud is the only QB worth a damn this season.

Young is a pretty good player. But he might just be a college player. Dude is heady....but he is SMALL. I havent looked at either of them more than watching a couple of their games thus far. But yeah I sure as heck dont see either as being TOP prospects that will have NFL teams drooling over.

....hell by the time the draft rolls around, Levis and his howitzer and size might be the top guy on a lot of teams boards (despite him not being a very good QB yet).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they cant take a pittance to trade out of the spot either. And my point really was that I dont think any team in the draft is going to make to make the type of offer it takes to trade up from say pick #4 to #1 overall just in order to leapfrog the Texans.

People dont understand what that would cost. The Bears will be asking for Indy's 1st round pick next year too as well as probabl 3 2nd round picks plus more. Indy cant afford that price unless it is for a player they believe cant bust. I dont think they are going to see that in either Stroud or Young. That #1 overall pick actually costs WAY more than what Denver gave up for Russell Wilson. WAY more.
For sure it would take a lot of draft assets in order to move up... It would take a few 1st rounders and a few 2nd rounders at least... But there seems to always be a team out there that is willing to do so... SF did it two years ago when moving up to grab Tre Lance... I believe they gave up (3) 1st rounders to do so... Carolina could be a team in position to do so... They the draft inventory to do so... The Lions as well.. . It may not happen this year but I wouldn't be surprised...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is rather ingenious of the Texans if you think about it. Some 3D chess right here.

Knowing that the Bears always fucks up their picks when they draft in the top 5. Allowing them to draft ahead of the Texans takes one bust off the board, before the Texans pick.
Brandon Scott Jones Ghosts GIF by CBS
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

WTF are you talking about? They've only had 2 top 5's this century. 2005 and 2017...Quite separated from each other, but neither very good (Benson and Trubisky)...Neither pick was made by this GM. There's some sort of trend that we're suppsed to know about there?

I mean...If you go back further, Hampton/McMahon/Payton were all top 5's.

3D chess...Yeesh...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? They've only had 2 top 5's this century. 2005 and 2017...Quite separated from each other, but neither very good (Benson and Trubisky)...Neither pick was made by this GM. There's some sort of trend that we're suppsed to know about there?

I mean...If you go back further, Hampton/McMahon/Payton were all top 5's.

3D chess...Yeesh...
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

I used top 5 for effect LOL. I dont track the bears. Quit ruining my fun.
The bears do know defense, but your 1st round picks on offense sucks. So 3D chess for the Texans still applies. Although was surprised how many 1st rds you guys were missing.
Here's your offensive players drafted.
2021 Justin Fields QB (sucks IMO)
2017 Mitchell Trubisky QB (LOL & moved up into top 5 to get) This is probably where my thoughts were.:pound:
2015 Kevin White WR (top ten)

2013 Kyle Long G (usually cant go wrong with 1st rd OL)
2011 Gabe Carimi T (have no idea who that is, so that could be good or bad)
2008 Chris Williams T
2007 Greg Olsen TE (A rare good 1st rd TE pick but mainly for another team)
2005 Cedric Benson RB (top 5 pick LOL)
2003 Rex Grossman QB
2002 Marc Colombo T (sucks he got injured for you guys)
2001 David Terrell WR (Top ten pick)
1999 Cade McNown QB :doh:
1998 Curtis Enis RB (Top 5 pick LOL)

1995 Rashaan Salaam RB :L
1993 Curtis Conway WR (top ten)

Bold is guys you drafted in the front part of the 1st rd.

So as you can see. Doesnt bode a lot of confidence, if they went offense, which I am sure the Texans will do

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lovie go for two late in the Texans' win over the Colts, giving the Bears the #1 overall pick, because he had been told he was getting fired after the game?

If so, well played Lovie.

I didn't even think about that. What a legend!