• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love the kids attitude

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IRVING, Texas - If the coaches’ decision to bench Bruce Carter for part of last week’s game was to motivate the linebacker, then consider the job accomplished.

Carter said he’s not sure if that was the coaches’ intentions one week after a poor performance against the Chargers, but the temporary benching makes him more excited to get back on the field and prove his worth.

“It definitely puts a chip on your shoulder,” Carter said. “You’ve just got to go out there and prove to everybody that you can play at a high level and you’re capable of what you’re able to do. You can’t take anything for granted.”

Carter was one of the standouts on defense last season and even early this year, as he accumulated 24 total tackles and three sacks through the first three weeks of the season. But a rough performance against the Chargers in Week 3 led to the coaches going more with Ernie Sims last week in the nickel package against the Broncos.

Never before in his life had Carter been in a situation like that.

“I’ve never been benched or a backup or none of that,” Carter said. “It’s a learning lesson. I definitely will say that. I can’t take my position for granted or playing for the Cowboys, period.”

Carter said he’s not positive what will happen with the rotation in the nickel this week, although it’s likely he gets more snaps going forward. He had trouble in coverage against the Chargers, as Danny Woodhead got behind him for two scores.

All the linebackers seem to be struggling more in coverage this year in their first season in Monte Kiffin’s 4-3 defense. He said at times the linebackers might be thinking too much instead of playing quickly. At times, stopping to diagnose plays can appear like a lack of effort.

“It’s a lot of stuff you have to cover, and it might not even be right in your face, it might be on the other side of the field,” Carter said. “That’s where, for me, things get complicated, just getting back in your drops, having to look across the field. That’s something we’ve just been working at all week and I think we’re getting better at.”

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not just on Carter ......

I like that the coaches are proving players are now held accountable ..... Team is going in the right direction

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not just on Carter ......

I like that the coaches are proving players are now held accountable ..... Team is going in the right direction

this is night and day difference to Bum's kid where entitlement and complacency ruled.

Carter will have his shot. It's a copy cat league and everyone will throw to the TE and backs until Dallas shows.....great opportunity for Carter to make BIG plays

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter will rebound, and when he does (and hopefully a few others) our Defense will tighten up a bit. I think if we can hold teams to under 20, we win.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a benching to be honest. I just think he will have less playing time. When teams are going heavy sets with WR's and have a good 3ird down back, WE need to have more DB's in the game. Our linebackers can't cover fast receivers and a speedsters coming out in the flat. This is a huge issue the D-coordinator must fix with lack of pressure coming from D-line. Hopefully soon, or we are going to get humiliated in 3 weeks by Peyton, Sprowles and the Saints.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a benching to be honest. I just think he will have less playing time. When teams are going heavy sets with WR's and have a good 3ird down back, WE need to have more DB's in the game. Our linebackers can't cover fast receivers and a speedsters coming out in the flat. This is a huge issue the D-coordinator must fix with lack of pressure coming from D-line. Hopefully soon, or we are going to get humiliated in 3 weeks by Peyton, Sprowles and the Saints.

It's not about what YOU think ......

It's about how this kid handled it and how he responds

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about what YOU think ......

It's about how this kid handled it and how he responds
He did handle it very well. I'm just saying it looks like we need to have more db's for coverage in certain sets. He may be on the field a little less, but I don't think its a benching.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did handle it very well. I'm just saying it looks like we need to have more db's for coverage in certain sets. He may be on the field a little less, but I don't think its a benching.

It was a wake up call ......

That was the point of me posting this.

Team is making players know they are now held to a standard and dont get playing time because of what Jerry thinks

It wasnt a post about opinions of what defensive sets we should or shouldnt be in

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he is showing the attitude he is. It would be very easy for him to take a different road. Sure Woodhead made him look like a fool, but others have looked bad too.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he is showing the attitude he is. It would be very easy for him to take a different road. Sure Woodhead made him look like a fool, but others have looked bad too.

Always growing pains with young players.... The fun part about it (outside of winning) to me has always been watching them grow as players.. How they handle a bad game, bad media, and so forth

The small things that make a man a man