• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louisville is nothing more than Iowa on a good year....

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska....Good answers. Unfortunately more distractions.
We'd know who was #1 in 1994 and 1997 if your pussy ass conference had joined the Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition instead of hiding in the Rose Bowl playing sub-par teams.

Why can't one of you defend the forums allegations against the Big 10 instead of playing your distracting disney cards to change the subject?
The allegation from the vast majority of the posters here is that the Big 10 sucks. I say that they've sucked for 40+ years, but like Notre Dame the media can't fall off their nuts. They yearn to keep Ohio St and Michigan in the limelight and to do that they must pump the rest of the conference when there's even the slightest inkling of success.

This isn't about Nebraska. They've played "the best available" to win their 5 national titles in the same amount of time the entire Big 10 teams won 1.5. They've never hidden from anyone. They played a #1, #2, two #3's and a #5 all of which were "best available".

I waited for this POS... Disappointing. Some much bs, where do I start. What's funny is I have a Nebraska fan talking to me about the Big Ten and how it has been hiding out in the Rose Bowl for the last 40 years. Pac fans are laughing at you now for trying to marginalize the Granddaddy of them all. Allegations are more like delusions for you.

How quick of you to forget how everyone in college football was blowing Osborne during the 90's.

The only reason Nebraska got in 94 Natty game was because everyone felt so sorry for Osborne getting skull fucked the year before. Penn State deserved to get a share of that title game. Both Michigan and Penn state played better schedules during the 94 and 97 seasons. Talk about Nebraska playing shit games and getting title gift wrapped.

I believe our conference is more diverse than it has ever been and we are seeing more teams than ever start to have success. Ohio State and Michigan will always be the leaders of the conference. It has to hurt as a Nebraska fan to know that you will now play little brother just like Penn State. Ohio state and Michigan have earned all the respect they get, just like Nebraska once did.

I hope you enjoy your 5 Natty's because you might not see one for a long time. Just to give you something to think about Minny has 7 titles and that was a long time ago too. Have fun fading... The glory years are over. The best part about all of this is that your program is dying in the same conference you hate.

I love it...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I waited for this POS... Disappointing. Some much bs, where do I start. What's funny is I have a Nebraska fan talking to me about the Big Ten and how it has been hiding out in the Rose Bowl for the last 40 years. Pac fans are laughing at you now for trying to marginalize the Granddaddy of them all. Allegations are more like delusions for you.

How quick of you to forget how everyone in college football was blowing Osborne during the 90's.

The only reason Nebraska got in 94 Natty game was because everyone felt so sorry for Osborne getting skull fucked the year before. Penn State deserved to get a share of that title game. Both Michigan and Penn state played better schedules during the 94 and 97 seasons. Talk about Nebraska playing shit games and getting title gift wrapped.

I believe our conference is more diverse than it has ever been and we are seeing more teams than ever start to have success. Ohio State and Michigan will always be the leaders of the conference. It has to hurt as a Nebraska fan to know that you will now play little brother just like Penn State. Ohio state and Michigan have earned all the respect they get, just like Nebraska once did.

I hope you enjoy your 5 Natty's because you might not see one for a long time. Just to give you something to think about Minny has 7 titles and that was a long time ago too. Have fun fading... The glory years are over. The best part about all of this is that your program is dying in the same conference you hate.

I love it...

"Trying to marginalize the Granddaddy of them all".

LMAO!!!! So since a bowl game is nicknamed "The Granddaddy of them all", it somehow makes the two teams that play in it the best in the nation?

There's the Big 10 "smoke and mirrors" mindset I refer to.

Nebraska has been down for about 12 years now. Down to the point of sucking for sure.
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Nebraska has the best overall B-one-G conference record in the time they've been in the ol' "leather helmet conference". hahahahaha

You keep making my point Mookie. The B-one-G sucks ass.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't everyone saying this about Louisville last year before they went out and beat the fuck out of Florida in the Sugar Bowl?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't everyone saying this about Louisville last year before they went out and beat the fuck out of Florida in the Sugar Bowl?

At this point in the season if you're still having to hang your hat on a bowl game win that's pretty pathetic.

Miami beat Florida already this year. Let's quit acting like they took down a dynasty.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has been down for about 12 years now. Down to the point of sucking for sure.
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Nebraska has the best overall B-one-G conference record in the time they've been in the ol' "leather helmet conference". hahahahaha

You keep making my point Mookie. The B-one-G sucks ass.

Michigan and Nebraska are both 13-4 in conference play since Nebraska joined the Big Ten.

Meyer and Hoke are recruiting head and shoulders above everyone else in this conference right now. There will be a significant talent gap within a couple of years (OSU is more or less stacked already). Coaching will be the only way to help bridge that gap unless Nebraska, PSU, Wisconsin, MSU, etc..., start reeling in top recruits.

A couple of coaching changes and a few down years really crippled Michigan but I don't expect them to be down for long.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Nebraska are both 13-4 in conference play since Nebraska joined the Big Ten.

Meyer and Hoke are recruiting head and shoulders above everyone else in this conference right now. There will be a significant talent gap within a couple of years (OSU is more or less stacked already). Coaching will be the only way to help bridge that gap unless Nebraska, PSU, Wisconsin, MSU, etc..., start reeling in top recruits.

A couple of coaching changes and a few down years really crippled Michigan but I don't expect them to be down for long.

Wisconsin is on pace to have a really nice recruiting class that I'd guess will be ranked top20. They also have an early 2015 QB commit. Andersen is recruiting better than Bielema ever did. Just look at the recruits visiting UW this weekend..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season if you're still having to hang your hat on a bowl game win that's pretty pathetic.

Miami beat Florida already this year. Let's quit acting like they took down a dynasty.

You totally missed the point, which isn't surprising. Everyone last year was saying Louisville was overrated because they didn't play anybody. They then went on to beat #3 Florida in the Sugar Bowl with ease. Louisville returned 15 starters off of last year's team. They proved last year that they deserved their ranking. That isn't hanging your hat on a bowl win from last year, that is just proving your doubters wrong. Florida was a very good team last year, they went 4-2 vs ranked teams. Florida is a solid team again this year. So what if they have already lost a game to Miami. NEWSFLASH, Miami is realllly good this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is on pace to have a really nice recruiting class that I'd guess will be ranked top20. They also have an early 2015 QB commit. Andersen is recruiting better than Bielema ever did. Just look at the recruits visiting UW this weekend..

I agree, Andersen's a very good coach who's recruiting well. Wisky has had no problem developing talent and playing up for many years now. But still, a few blue chippers wouldn't hurt. And I hope you guys land some.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UL would easily go undefeated with OSU's schedule. Any good team would.

LOL no. Louisville would not beat Wisconsin, and I think they'd be in trouble with Northwestern's offense. It's certainly light years better than anything they've faced in the Big LEast.

Louisville is a team that is living off of one good win in the last several decades. They also lost to an absolutely abysmal UConn team last year and then got their shit pushed in by a decent at best Syracuse team that lost to both Northwestern and Minnesota. Louisville would be the 4th or 5th best team in the B1G this year, no questions asked. Ohio State would prison r*pe them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Louisville straight up over everyone in the country other than the top teams in the other AQ conferences.

They have a huge offensive line, Bridgewater and a decent D.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll trust your #'s. I thought Nebraska was at the top record wise. That doesn't say much of anything considering how bad they've sucked. In their 1st two seasons Nebraska played Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn St, Michigan St, Northwestern, and Iowa. They played each of those teams both years. Can you agree that those are the best teams (top to bottom) that the Big 10 has to offer? The only teams Nebraska avoided were Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, and crappy Nebraska is tied for the top?

Of the teams you have listed there, I think Nebraska is the only one without sound coaching. I'm not sold on Hoke yet. However, the fact that Michigan nearly beat Ohio St (as did others) last season makes Ohio St even more suspect.

Ohio St is the cream of the Big 10 crop, but who have they beaten OOC? That the midwest and eastern media have to prop up the rest of the conference to make Ohio St appear better than they are is akin to putting lipstick on a pig and they will surely be exposed by the #1's and #2's of the PAC, SEC, ACC and potentially even the Big XII.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red_Alert, where do you get this retarded notion that the eastern media is trying to prop up the B1G to make OSU look good? We don't need it. We are easily elite without the rest of the conference and we've proven it time and time again. Any suggestion otherwise is pure trolling. You don't become tied for the most BCS wins in the nation by being "suspect". Please forgive us for going unbeaten in the first year under a brand new head coach with a brand new staff and brand new system.

MI Nightmare is right, OSU and Michigan will soon both be elite with the way Michigan is recruiting, and Wisconsin is going to be right behind with their ability to develop talent. Penn State has an amazing head coach and will be off their penalties soon enough. The B1G will be just fine. I have to imagine even Nebraska will see the light and dump Pelini as they can clearly do much better.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I know who created this thread soon as I saw the title?:noidea:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red_Alert, where do you get this retarded notion that the eastern media is trying to prop up the B1G to make OSU look good? We don't need it. We are easily elite without the rest of the conference and we've proven it time and time again. Any suggestion otherwise is pure trolling. You don't become tied for the most BCS wins in the nation by being "suspect". Please forgive us for going unbeaten in the first year under a brand new head coach with a brand new staff and brand new system.

MI Nightmare is right, OSU and Michigan will soon both be elite with the way Michigan is recruiting, and Wisconsin is going to be right behind with their ability to develop talent. Penn State has an amazing head coach and will be off their penalties soon enough. The B1G will be just fine. I have to imagine even Nebraska will see the light and dump Pelini as they can clearly do much better.

Couldn't agree more. OSU and Michigan will both be elite moving forward. I see another 10 years war with Meyer and Hoke. I just hope it doesn't become the big 2 and little 9 or the big 2, decent 2-3 and little 6-7.