• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots Of Press Today

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe my ears this morning when every show seemed to be talking about the Niners. Granted most was about the coaches after game antics, but there is another thread about that. I actually heard a lot of people talking about the Niners being a force. First time in a loooooong time I heard that. On top of that there were a couple good interviews with players on the radio.

Delanie Walker on the Max and Marcellus show
Max & Marcellus: 10/17 [hr2] - ESPN Los Angeles

Trent Dilfer talking Niners on the Herd
Trent Dilfer - ESPN

And there was a really good Carlos Rogers interview on Jim Romes show but you have to be an insider to listen. If anybody has any other way to listen to it, you should. It was a really good interview. I have looked for a while and can't find it, but Rogers had a lot of good things to say. Here is a little summary

Mindset through the season has has been to play the full 60 minutes no matter how hostile the situation.

He wasn't close to the confrontation after the game, not sure what words were exchanged and was like "wow, they took it that far". He can see the fire and old player in Harbaugh and see why they clashed.

He credits Harbaugh desire to win and the coaching staff. "Coach is a blue collar guy", "everytime we go on a trip, coach is sitting with us", "surprising to see a coach do that, we are the same team that you predicted to not be good"

Most importantly, im happy about playing football right now", "I wasn't happy in Washington and now i can just breathe"

Said that in Washington they would always compare him to other corners in the league and the old Redskin great (Green) and never just let him be himself and play the game.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Caps fan this season for the 9ers is reminding me of when Boudreau took over for the Caps. The wins just kept coming. The difference a coach makes is remarkable. Even on a pro level.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other radio interviews you could post??
Thanks

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe my ears this morning when every show seemed to be talking about the Niners. Granted most was about the coaches after game antics, but there is another thread about that. I actually heard a lot of people talking about the Niners being a force. First time in a loooooong time I heard that. On top of that there were a couple good interviews with players on the radio.

Trent Dilfer - ESPN

And there was a really good Carlos Rogers interview on Jim Romes show but you have to be an insider to listen. If anybody has any other way to listen to it, you should. It was a really good interview. I have looked for a while and can't find it, but Rogers had a lot of good things to say. Here is a little summary

Mindset through the season has has been to play the full 60 minutes no matter how hostile the situation.

He wasn't close to the confrontation after the game, not sure what words were exchanged and was like "wow, they took it that far". He can see the fire and old player in Harbaugh and see why they clashed.

He credits Harbaugh desire to win and the coaching staff. "Coach is a blue collar guy", "everytime we go on a trip, coach is sitting with us", "surprising to see a coach do that, we are the same team that you predicted to not be good"

Most importantly, im happy about playing football right now", "I wasn't happy in Washington and now i can just breathe"

Said that in Washington they would always compare him to other corners in the league and the old Redskin great (Green) and never just let him be himself and play the game.

Yeah that Los interview on Rome was great. He acted pretty humble considering how well he's been playing.

I was listening to the Petros and Money show and they mentioned this post game video:

Detroit Postgame Locker Room Speech

...and how cool it was to see Harbs firing up the team and calling Smith "clutch". Has to do wonders for his confidence and the team's confidence overall.

It's phenomenal to see the 49ers FINALLY relevant again and getting all of this pub. I'm hoping it won't go to their heads and I don't think Harbs will let it get to their heads with his coaching style.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit i was pretty pissed like some of you that we were getting no press at all until this week. Cant blame the media since we have been bad for many years, but i just hope our team doesnt let it get them too overconfident. Im sure harbaugh will make sure of that.

While i do like the press on us, it also got me thinking about how much i hate them talking about the cowboys/eagles all the time. I think i liked when we wouldnt get too much press like those 2 teams, because once we start becoming a better team then the press will be all on our nuts and then if we start faltering then it will be 24/7 49ers and how they are struggling. To be honest i dont know how cowboy/eagle fans put up with seeing there team underachieve and be blasted by the media over and over everyday.

Again i like the positive press but i hope they dont overblow it and show us every single day, i like kinda flying under the radar.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will be on NFL replay tonight @ 9:30 ET

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Herd interview with Dilfer is from after the Lions game...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Herd interview with Dilfer is from after the Lions game...

Yeah, this was an old post that I didn't know how to change the title of. I wanted to keep posting radio interviews here instead of creating new threads all the time.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith is about to be on the Jim Rome show. I would post the audio when it was done but you have to pay for that.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Trent Dilfer - ESPN

Great Post, 007!! I always enjoy reading your contributions...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some radio talk about the game.

Sal Paolantonio not liking the Niners, discusses the match up (he bothers me anyway so now I have another reason) skip to about 43 seconds in.
Sal Paolantonio - ESPN

Teddy Bruschi talks about the Niners D should be fired up. Skip to the 8:15 mark
Tedy Bruschi - ESPN

Mike Lombardi talks Niners Saints skip to about 2:44
Mike Lombardi - ESPN

Marellus Wiley talks to Mike and Mike about the game
Marcellus Wiley - ESPN

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just some radio talk about the game.

Sal Paolantonio not liking the Niners, discusses the match up (he bothers me anyway so now I have another reason) skip to about 43 seconds in.
Sal Paolantonio - ESPN

Teddy Bruschi talks about the Niners D should be fired up. Skip to the 8:15 mark
Tedy Bruschi - ESPN

Mike Lombardi talks Niners Saints skip to about 2:44
Mike Lombardi - ESPN

Marellus Wiley talks to Mike and Mike about the game
Marcellus Wiley - ESPN

Great comments on all those links - even the not so positive ones...Great Post, Double-Oh!