• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots of available seats on the bandwagon?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, are we in free fall of what?
Too many rallies that don't start until we have two outs.
Relief pitching continues to fuck us.
Starters seem to collectively be going through a dead arm stretch.

Finally have a team with a competitive offense and everything else falls apart. This franchise is so snake bit.

And Robby will get screwed out of the gold glove. That will be the final insult.

(Two weeks from now after we win 10 in a row, I'll be talking about how great the team is...)

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very informative. Thanks. I gots to get me one of them calendar things.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah yes, bitter fan that gets too high during the ups and too low during the downs

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah yes, bitter fan that gets too high during the ups and too low during the downs
Meh, not really. But if I was a Dolphin fan I'd probably be bitter.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be at PAX the first week of September. Got some great seats for a game against the Halos.

First game I'm going to in almost 4 years. It'll be interesting to see how full the bandwagon is by then.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are these 'highs' you speak of? If being in first in early June is a high, then we really are a sad franchise. I guess one mans definition of 'bitterness' is just another mans reality.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are these 'highs' you speak of? If being in first in early June is a high, then we really are a sad franchise. I guess one mans definition of 'bitterness' is just another mans reality.
this board really is an acquired taste. some you guys just post with such vitriol that it is quite off-putting. it almost makes it more desirable to avoid joining the conversation since most of the time posts with differing opinions are met with such distaste. instead of engaging in a conversation with differing ideas, it seems sarcasm and insults to one's intelligence is the way to go.

a few are making cezero, who i have considered the most grounded/realistic/critical of the M's, look like an eternal optimist at this point in the season.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this board really is an acquired taste. some you guys just post with such vitriol that it is quite off-putting. it almost makes it more desirable to avoid joining the conversation since most of the time posts with differing opinions are met with such distaste. instead of engaging in a conversation with differing ideas, it seems sarcasm and insults to one's intelligence is the way to go.

a few are making cezero, who i have considered the most grounded/realistic/critical of the M's, look like an eternal optimist at this point in the season.

Did you by chance ever venture over to the Mariner's board back on ESPN? Easily the most entertaining board on that site. The mix of self-loathing, the self-deprecating humor, and yes as you said the vitriol was just great. Rooting for shit teams your entire life builds character. Or it makes you an eternally pessimistic asshole. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you by chance ever venture over to the Mariner's board back on ESPN? Easily the most entertaining board on that site. The mix of self-loathing, the self-deprecating humor, and yes as you said the vitriol was just great. Rooting for shit teams your entire life builds character. Or it makes you an eternally pessimistic asshole. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.
sure did. found my way here after ESPN shut down their forums.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Geezuz, you need to get out more.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My seat on the fan spectrum is an Original.
Some give me flack for mentioning it.
Don't care, I know I will be ONE of the pure joy happiest when that WS Championship finally happens.
Just like the Sonics and Seahawks World Titles.

Back to the bandwagon talk, bring them all aboard, while also letting others get off the bandwagon.
I'm fine with that.

Now, catch fire M's.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Geezuz, you need to get out more.
We've known each other since the ESPN days.

One guy who came over to the hoop (dude82) blocked me on here because of those days.

I was labeled a "troll" for saying things like this back in 2012:

1) "No, Ackley doesn't have a higher ceiling than Kyle Seager."
- that was when they were both in their 2nd year, and the overhype about Ackley was at its most absurd

2) "Jack Z doesn't have any idea how to draft."
- Superfans on ESPN seemed to think that any top prospect Z signed was a mortal lock to have a HOF career.
- He wasn't drafting the best talent in drafts, he was drafting for exigency, and proved it by proceeding to call up several players way too early. It was revolting.

I tried explaining nicely, but the tween superfans on there couldn't handle it, so I started trolling for real.

The shrieking chorus of idiots on there has made me really appreciate this place.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy on Vortex,he has been a penguins fan for at least a month now! Congrats on cup!
Unprovoked! I have territorial rights to the Penguins. I lived in Pittsburgh as a toddler before my hippie parents packed up the microbus and moved to the family to Austin.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One guy who came over to the hoop (dude82) blocked me on here because of those days.

- that was when they were both in their 2nd year, and the overhype about Ackley was at its most absurd

- Superfans on ESPN seemed to think that any top prospect Z signed was a mortal lock to have a HOF career.
- He wasn't drafting the best talent in drafts, he was drafting for exigency, and proved it by proceeding to call up several players way too early. It was revolting.

I tried explaining nicely, but the tween superfans on there couldn't handle it, so I started trolling for real.

The shrieking chorus of idiots on there has made me really appreciate this place.

That was trolling? Geezuz, ESPN sounds like it was pretty lame. CBS was a true troll fest. We kept the admins busy. They didn't ban IP addresses like this place. They just banned e-mail addresses, so a poster could get banned and literally be back there and posting again within five minutes. All you had to do was make a new account using a different e-mail address. A lot of the trolls there had 5-10 active accounts at any given time.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were all proven wrong in the long run but at the time I don't think we knew that Ackley was somekind of primadonna and that Seager had as good of a work ethic. You realized before me but I knew Ackley was done soon as he started with all the swing and stance changes.

The only position Jack Z could draft was relief pitcher. He couldn't even do that after he got a hard on for Right Handed Power Bats.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's what makes these boards great.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was trolling? Geezuz, ESPN sounds like it was pretty lame. CBS was a true troll fest. We kept the admins busy. They didn't ban IP addresses like this place. They just banned e-mail addresses, so a poster could get banned and literally be back there and posting again within five minutes. All you had to do was make a new account using a different e-mail address. A lot of the trolls there had 5-10 active accounts at any given time.

You must've had like 10 different accounts banned there.