• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Toronto Maple Leafs 12/11/13 | 7:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
third_jersey_logo.jpg
vs.
Logo_1978-79_to_Present.jpg

at

Air-Canada-Centre-exterior_512.jpg

Game Time: 7:30pm EST/4:30pm PST - FS-West/TSN​

KINGS (20-7-4) at MAPLE LEAFS (16-12-3)

TV: TSN, RDS2, FS-W

Last 10: Los Angeles 6-1-3; Toronto 3-5-2

Season series: This is the first of two games. The Los Angeles Kings won at the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-2 in a shootout, on Dec. 19, 2011. The Kings have not lost in Toronto since Nov. 12, 2002.

Big story: Toronto goalie Jonathan Bernier could start against the team that traded him June 23, perhaps against the goalie that was sent to Los Angeles, Ben Scrivens.

"Probably a lot of excitement, maybe nervous a little bit," Bernier told the Maple Leafs website Tuesday. "And after the first shot, probably it will go away. But it definitely will be a first for me, to get traded and play against my old team. It's going to be fun."

Bernier is 9-8-2 with a 2.49 goals-against average and .929 save percentage splitting time with James Reimer (7-4-1; 2.63; .932).

"Obviously, everyone wants to play every game, but with the situation right now, it's pretty good," Bernier said. "It's not like we're waiting three weeks to get in. We know we're going to play at least one game a week, which keeps your head in the game."

Scrivens (7-2-4; 1.56; .943) played 10 straight games for the Kings after Jonathan Quick was injured Nov. 12, but Martin Jones has played the past three, with two straight shutouts, including a 6-0 win against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.

"They're both kids, and they're both trying to buy us some time until Jonathan Quick comes back, and whichever one plays best gets to play," Kings coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider.

Team Scope:

Kings: Los Angeles has allowed two goals or fewer in a team-record 16 straight games, and has not allowed a first-period goal in any of those. The Kings are 11-1-4 in that stretch.

Sutter did not say who would start in goal Wednesday.

"Basically, we were going to rotate 'em the last few games, but Ben wasn't ready to play in the start he was supposed to have," Sutter said.

The Kings have killed off 57 of the past 61 penalties, 50 of 53, and 24 of 25. They scored their first power-play goal in 33 chances Tuesday.

"It's certainly an important part of playing in the NHL, special teams," forward Justin Williams told FOX Sports West. "When you go through a stretch like we've gone through ... it wears on you a little bit. ... Hopefully we can continue [on the power play] tomorrow."

This game is the second of a four-games-in-six-days road trip.

"I like it when you're on the road and you can just bang out games back-to-back," Williams said. "It makes it go by a little bit quicker. I know we have a couple guys on our team who certainly want to win in Toronto. We'll certainly be ready for them."

Maple Leafs: Toronto will be without captain Dion Phaneuf after the defenseman on Tuesday was suspended for two games by the NHL Department of Player Safety for boarding Boston Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller in a game Sunday.

"Again, it's another challenge," coach Randy Carlyle said. "But the challenges are bountiful (laughs) as we go forward into the season. But again, somebody else now gets an opportunity to fill those minutes, and some other people get a chance to play the power play and the penalty killing and to chew the 23-28 minutes that Dion plays night in, night out. That's the way we have to approach it and that's the way we brought it to our players, it's seize this as an opportunity."

Phaneuf leads the Maple Leafs in time on ice at 24:13, three minutes more than any teammate.

"The reality is we have to have somebody, or a group, share in the responsibility," Carlyle said. "I don't think, at this point, maybe we can look at one player or two players or three players. I think the level of our defense play has to go up. Now we're taxing it to a point where we're going to have to ask more of players that traditionally don't play those minutes. They play part of those minutes, but they're going to play the brunt of those minutes. ... Honestly, I believe that there are people capable of doing it, and our window to view that will be tomorrow night against the L.A. Kings."

One of them will be Jake Gardiner, whose ice time was increasing before Phaneuf was suspended. Gardiner played more than 25:00 in three of the past five games.

"We think that he's calmed down in his play from a turnover standpoint and trying to do too much high-risk, high-reward," Carlyle said.

Who's hot: Jones is 3-0-0 with an 0.65 GAA and .973 save percentage. Forward Tyler Toffoli has four goals in his past four games. Forward Jarret Stoll has a point in four straight. … Gardiner has a point in three straight. Forward Jay McLement scored Sunday, his first goal in 30 games.

Injury report: Kings defenseman Matt Greene (upper body) was activated from injured reserve Tuesday but did not play. Center Trevor Lewis (lower body) is "still a little ways away," Sutter said. Quick (groin) is targeting Thursday to test himself on the ice. … Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul (groin) will be a game-time decision, but if there are not setbacks from Tuesday to Wednesday he will play, Carlyle said. Forwards Tyler Bozak (oblique), Dave Bolland (ankle) and Colton Orr (elbow) are out.

Los Angeles Kings at Toronto Maple Leafs - 12/11/2013

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobiemonster you can find smaller Logo's just google the teams name & type small logos & test them:nod:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobiemonster you can find smaller Logo's just google the teams name & type small logos & test them:nod:

I like the bigger logos and I've always used that Kings one where ever I've been - but thanks for the suggestion - I do try and find logos for opposing teams that aren't too big

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the bigger logos and I've always used that Kings one where ever I've been - but thanks for the suggestion - I do try and find logos for opposing teams that aren't too big

Oh ok just thought you were looking for smaller ones :lol:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok just thought you were looking for smaller ones :lol:

You must have saw the smaller logo before I edited it lol for whatever reason it came up small but it was like 500x512 or something like that

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont watch this game
Its a trap.
Kings score 6 goals in one night.
That means at least two games of only one goal to follow

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn kid, it's all about you isn't it.

I think I'm doing the next game thread.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens left first the other day against NYI (I believe) but Jones started.

I would hope Sutter gives Scrivens the opportunity to face his old team much like TO is giving Bernier his chance but these two will meet again too.

Maybe he wants Scrivens on home ice instead.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont watch this game
Its a trap.
Kings score 6 goals in one night.
That means at least two games of only one goal to follow

That's my fear, I hope they saved some goals for tonight.

I'm going to miss a lot of the game, have to take Little Ms. Puck to get some spectacles tonight. Kid got her first pair and lost them not even two weeks later.

Freaking kids.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens left first the other day against NYI (I believe) but Jones started.

I would hope Sutter gives Scrivens the opportunity to face his old team much like TO is giving Bernier his chance but these two will meet again too.

Maybe he wants Scrivens on home ice instead.

I would hope Darryl Sutter isn't thinking about nostalgia and putting a goalie against his former team - it should be about who gives you the best chance to win

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Projected Lines

Dwight King – Anze Kopitar – Jeff Carter
Dustin Brown – Jarret Stoll – Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford – Mike Richards – Tyler Toffoli
Daniel Carcillo – Colin Fraser – Jordan Nolan

Jake Muzzin – Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr – Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell – Alec Martinez

Martin Jones
Ben Scrivens

Toronto Projected Lines

James van Riemsdyk – Nazem Kadri – Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul – Peter Holland – Nikolai Kulemin
Mason Raymond – Trevor Smith – David Clarkson
Frazer McLaren – Jay McClement – Jerry D’Amigo

Carl Gunnarsson – Cody Franson
Jake Gardiner – John-Michael Liles
Mark Fraser – Paul Ranger

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Kings Go!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drewwwwwww!!! 1-0 Kings!!! Go Kings Go!!!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Moly what a save by Jones

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings lead 1-0 after one period - let's keep this up boys! Go Kings Go!!!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole lower section behind the bench is empty. Did they price themselves out of admissions????

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be a Kings game without a Stoli offensive zone penalty