• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the result is in. Kroneke is the winner! The Rams are back in LA for sure! The losers: Mark Davis and Dean Spanos!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 teams voted for the Rams to comeback to LA. The 2 that didn't: the Raiders and Chargers.

Salty much? :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This decision makes me sick to my stomach. I know if I could say what I really felt about Kroenke on here, you'd permanently ban me retro.

No worries. No banning, permanent or otherwise, UVA. I just decided that this thread now features a negativity component for obvious reasons. Let 'er rip. It shall remain permanent so that the negativity thread does not get carried over. There is an obvious need for the St Louis component of Rams fans to vent in the appropriate thread. Have at it fellas!

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the StL fans.

but all of us longtime LA fans went through this too in '95.

my advice to the StL fans that are PO'ed ( and rightfully so ). Don't hate on the team because of the owner and remain loyal fans. We all didn't like Georgia moving the team in '95 but remained fans of the team in spite of her. Please do the same in spite of Stan because we all want you here and don't want to lose any fans regardless of where they live or their stance on the relocation.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my advice to the StL fans that are PO'ed ( and rightfully so ). Don't hate on the team because of the owner and remain loyal fans. We all didn't like Georgia moving the team in '95 but remained fans of the team in spite of her. Please do the same in spite of Stan because we all want you here and don't want to lose any fans regardless of where they live or their stance on the relocation.

I agree. but remember Stan was Georgia's silent partner when that went down. he was behind it.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have one year to decide Ninersfan. Yea or nay. I think Spanos will stay in San Diego and Davis in Oakland.

I know that part. I meant for SD to be in LA for 2016. They can't decide in October and expect to play in LA for the 2016 season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This but a lot of Rams fans will be jumping ship and looking for a new team and I understand and respect why. It sucked when football left Los Angeles.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. No banning, permanent or otherwise, UVA. I just decided that this thread now features a negativity component for obvious reasons. Let 'er rip. It shall remain permanent so that the negativity thread does not get carried over. There is an obvious need for the St Louis component of Rams fans to vent in the appropriate thread. Have at it fellas!

Trust me, if this whole move was handled a lot better, I wouldn't have a problem with the move. But Kroenke acted like a scumbag piece of shit and treated the fan base like that. Anyone that trashes the city and fanbase like that doesn't deserve to own a sports team. If you had known me longer, you'd know how much I loathe Kroenke when I say this (and this isn't easy for me): I respect Peter Angelos a lot more than I ever will Kroenke and I will always loathe Angelos with every fiber of my being.

And yes, if I said what I really want to say and what I wish would happen to Kroenke, it'd result in a permanent ban.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, go over to the negativity thread and let 'er rip UVA. Red has already ranted over there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to my St.Louiss brothers, you were taken from. At least we had a Super Bowl winner there.

Absolutely. I've watched from afar for both moves, but still feel attached to that LA name, so this just feels right. As a Rams/Dodgers/Lakers fan, calling them the St. Louis Rams took a lot of getting used to. You can choose to be bitter, and I wouldn't blame you if you did (at least for a little while), or you can choose to remain part of the franchise's history if you truly love the team. The team's greatest success came in St. Louis, and that cannot be changed.

While Kroenke can be looked upon as the villain, I still see the city's failure to keep up with their original lease arrangement as the real villains here. They game Kroenke an out, and he capitalized.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This but a lot of Rams fans will be jumping ship and looking for a new team and I understand and respect why. It sucked when football left Los Angeles.

I don't hate the Rams or the players because I understand they had no part in any of this, I just hate Demoff and Kroenke for how they've treated the city of St Louis and the fans in St Louis.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS TO RETURN TO LOS ANGELES

Following a vote from National Football League owners, the Rams officially have been approved to return to the greater Los Angeles area and will do so for the 2016 NFL season. The organization called Los Angeles home from 1946-1994.

“This has been the most difficult process of my professional career,” said Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke. “While we are excited about the prospect of building a new stadium in Inglewood, California, this is bitter sweet. St. Louis is a city known for its incredibly hard-working, passionate and proud people. Being part of the group that brought the NFL back to St. Louis in 1995 is one of the proudest moments of my professional career. Reaching two Super Bowls and winning one are things all St. Louisans should always treasure.

“While there understandably has been emotionally charged commentary regarding our motives and intentions, the speculation is not true and unfounded. I am a Missouri native named after two St. Louis sports legends who I was fortunate enough to know on a personal level. This move isn’t about whether I love St. Louis or Missouri. I do and always will. No matter what anyone says, that will never change. This decision is about what is in the best long-term interests of the Rams organization and the National Football League. We have negotiated in good faith with the Regional Sports Authority for more than a decade trying to find a viable and sustainable solution. When it became apparent that we might not be able to reach an agreement, it was then and only then that we looked at alternatives.

“We would like to thank the National Football League, its owners, and the Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities for their diligence and dedication. We look forward to returning to Los Angeles and building a world-class NFL entertainment district in Inglewood.”

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this forum page is dominated by LA Ram fans and it always has been. Stl Ram fans on this page were so few, you wouldn't even know when/if they disappear.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now they trot out Jerry Jones. Good grief what a goober. Looks like Jeff Fisher is going to be the workhorse to make the transition. We could have another losing season or maybe it'll be the spark because a lot of people will be home.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This has been the most difficult process of my professional career,” said Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke. “While we are excited about the prospect of building a new stadium in Inglewood, California, this is bitter sweet. St. Louis is a city known for its incredibly hard-working, passionate and proud people. Being part of the group that brought the NFL back to St. Louis in 1995 is one of the proudest moments of my professional career. Reaching two Super Bowls and winning one are things all St. Louisans should always treasure.

Does he really expect anyone to buy that bullshit after what was written last week?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. but remember Stan was Georgia's silent partner when that went down. he was behind it.

I'm not sure about that Coug.

If he really was for the move to StL, then why was he wanting out of StL almost from the time he took over ownership? I think the initial move was all Georgia cause that's where she was from and she wanted her team there.

if Stan was really for that move all along, he would've been doing everything possible to stay in StL and that just hasn't been the case at all.