• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. There's a buzz in Inglewood about all this....people are getting excited. And it's going to mean a lot of jobs....

Well a new stadium in STL and redoing half of the downtown River front would create some jobs here too?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A $100 million short I don't think will be an issue and that can be negotiated and worked out. The issues in San Diego and Oakland are completely different in that they haven't even nearly made 1% of the effort St. Louis has in trying to keep their teams, which I think a lot of owners will see when it comes time for them to vote.

negotiated by whom? it's a HUGE issue...The city/state put forth a plan that depends on an extra 100mil to be kicked in by the NFL. As of now, the NFL hasn't offered that much except for an illegal(wink and nod)which Stan could end up suing over later...I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm a NYer, so I don't care where my Rams go, but I REALLY do think they will end up in L.A. again...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it happen and it's likely to be a very minor stake in the team.

It doesn't matter how much of the team he owns... he's worh 46 billion. One of the richest men in the world. It will make the other owners very happy. Google it you'll see.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
negotiated by whom? it's a HUGE issue...The city/state put forth a plan that depends on an extra 100mil to be kicked in by the NFL. As of now, the NFL hasn't offered that much except for an illegal(wink and nod)which Stan could end up suing over later...I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm a NYer, so I don't care where my Rams go, but I REALLY do think they will end up in L.A. again...

It's no bigger deal then stan ignoring the FAA which he has till Thursday to answer. The FAA can't stop him from building a stadium but if the state of California agrees with the FAA that it's to close to the airport they don't have to give Stan a permit to build. This could be a pretty big pain in the ass for Stan.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how much of the team he owns... he's worh 46 billion. One of the richest men in the world. It will make the other owners very happy. Google it you'll see.

It actually does matter.....he isn't going to pay 46 billion for a 3-5% stake in the team.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no bigger deal then stan ignoring the FAA which he has till Thursday to answer.

ignoring??? LOL, and if you didn't think this wasn't a known issue by Stan and that he didn't know this was coming...I have a nice shiny bridge to sell you!!! don't worry it'll be nice and cheap!!! jeez, some people just don't get it :L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no bigger deal then stan ignoring the FAA which he has till Thursday to answer.
ignoring??? LOL, and if you didn't think this wasn't a known issue by Stan and that he didn't know this was coming...I have a nice shiny bridge to sell you!!! don't worry it'll be nice and cheap!!! jeez, some people just don't get it :L

Oh no it's been an issue for quite a while but I haven't heard any plans on how they're going to fix it? Stans people just keep saying oh it's no big deal. I think it might be. The FAA gave them two choices they can move the stadium to somewhere else. (that's going to be a problem) or they can only have it stick out of the ground like 84 feet versus the 200 something feet originally. so basically building the stadium underground would cost a lot more money to do.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL and the city/state I'm sure can work out an agreement (maybe the NFL can chip it in if the city pays the extra $100 mil back in chunks or something as an example). I still think that most owners are going to side with Spanos/Davis/Iger's Carson project over Stan's Inglewood project because there's a feasible plan that St Louis is putting out there. I know if I was an owner, I'd flat out ask him why he is willing to put so much into Los Angeles but isn't willing to put forth barely 1/3 of that to help out with a city trying to bend over backwards to keep the team.
I wouldn't have a problem with the Los Angeles move if St Louis showed no interest in trying to keep the team. It's the fact that they are trying to keep the team and Stan is giving the city, state and the fans in the town the middle finger by not even trying to work with anyone in St Louis that pisses me off more than anything and wants me to see the Inglewood plan go down in flames.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no it's been an issue for quite a while but I haven't heard any plans on how they're going to fix it? Stans people just keep saying oh it's no big deal. I think it might be.

Keep in mind, he can hire the best experts in the world to say otherwise. When it comes down to it, these days billionaires usually get their way...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no it's been an issue for quite a while but I haven't heard any plans on how they're going to fix it? Stans people just keep saying oh it's no big deal. I think it might be. The FAA gave them two choices they can move the stadium to somewhere else. (that's going to be a problem) or they can only have it stick out of the ground like 84 feet versus the 200 something feet originally. so basically building the stadium underground would cost a lot more money to do.

Guys worth $46 Billion have ways to make these sorts of issues go away.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and the city/state I'm sure can work out an agreement (maybe the NFL can chip it in if the city pays the extra $100 mil back in chunks or something as an example). I still think that most owners are going to side with Spanos/Davis/Iger's Carson project over Stan's Inglewood project because there's a feasible plan that St Louis is putting out there. I know if I was an owner, I'd flat out ask him why he is willing to put so much into Los Angeles but isn't willing to put forth barely 1/3 of that to help out with a city trying to bend over backwards to keep the team.
I wouldn't have a problem with the Los Angeles move if St Louis showed no interest in trying to keep the team. It's the fact that they are trying to keep the team and Stan is giving the city, state and the fans in the town the middle finger by not even trying to work with anyone in St Louis that pisses me off more than anything and wants me to see Inglewood go down in flames.

As I've explained earlier in this thread...The NFL has already committed suable offenses(including collusion)in this process. The NFL has a HORRIBLE record in court and I'm not sure they want to take on a powerhouse like Stan and his "dream team" of lawyers and experts...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That could be but since it's been made public man can you imagine if they ever had a plane hit that stadium?? I don't think the NFL wants to mess with that.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait.......football in Los Angeles!!!! I seriously doubt all 3 teams will move here but at least 1 surely will!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've explained earlier in this thread...The NFL has already committed suable offenses(including collusion)in this process. The NFL has a HORRIBLE record in court and I'm not sure they want to take on a powerhouse like Stan and his "dream team" of lawyers and experts...

I don't think Stan has exactly been a saint and is innocent in these matters, so I'm sure it's a fight the league would take up and would be interesting to see what would happen.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So stan is going to sue the NFL for giving him an extra 100m to build a stadium in STL?? It would be the city of San Diego or Oakland suing the NFL I believe.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Stan is "Only" worth about 9bil and his wife about 5bil, not quite the 46bil Ellison is worth, but he's not an NFL owner...Although I know he does own the Oracle American Cup winning team...I know he's a HUGE fan of of that type of racing.,,Was pretty crazy actually, those boats were insane and crazy dangerous!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stan has exactly been a saint and is innocent in these matters, so I'm sure it's a fight the league would take up and would be interesting to see what would happen.

NO ONE has been a saint in this process. Spanos has been a complete sleazeball, but yet he's still in the mix