• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate? you really don't get how business works, do you??? A multi-billionaire like Stan Kroenke doesn't get desperate. Rams or no Rams, he can build that stadium and make HUGE money. You want to talk about the moves of a desperate man, take a look at Spanos in San Diego...

that stadium will cost him over 2 billion to build. it will take him a long tim to recoup that without an NFL team in there.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that stadium will cost him over 2 billion to build. it will take him a long tim to recoup that without an NFL team in there.

Its not just a stadium, its an entire entertainment complex in a PRIME location with restaurants, shops, etc...Trust me, it wouldn't be as long as you think...

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams do leave St. Louis, I expect many LA fans will rub in it the St. Louis fans faces. However, in many ways, I do hope they leave. Stan Kroenke doesn't know this team. He won't make the changes that need to be made for this franchise to successful- whether in St. Louis or LA.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams do leave St. Louis, I expect many LA fans will rub in it the St. Louis fans faces. However, in many ways, I do hope they leave. Stan Kroenke doesn't know this team. He won't make the changes that need to be made for this franchise to successful- whether in St. Louis or LA.

Kroenke is a businessman, he does what gains him personal power and personal wealth...Can't say I blame him to a point, but it certainly doesn't seem to benefit us fans...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just a stadium, its an entire entertainment complex in a PRIME location with restaurants, shops, etc...Trust me, it wouldn't be as long as you think...

I know that but that's just the cost of the stadium. Add the relocation fee and he's in the hole for 2.6 billion. That's a lot of money. Hell that's 25% of his worth.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that but that's just the cost of the stadium. Add the relocation fee and he's in the hole for 2.6 billion. That's a lot of money. Hell that's 25% of his worth.

Here's the crazy part about business...He's actually not in the hole at all. His franchise jumps in value from 1 billion to 3 billion...The rest is just BS debt that he either pays off over the years(easily with the money he and his wife have)or the return to LA is SO successful that its paid back within a year or two due to exploding profits...

When you an your wife are worth more than 10 billion combined, you can take on debts us normal human beings(you and I)can't even comprehend...

BTW, its actually more...The stadium is 1.8 and the fee is 1bil. so its 2.8 billion!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroenke is a businessman, he does what gains him personal power and personal wealth...Can't say I blame him to a point, but it certainly doesn't seem to benefit us fans...

Which is why I'd love to see nothing more than for the league to reject his bid for Los Angeles. I loathe this guy more than Peter Angelos and it takes a lot for me to say that because I think he's one of the worst owners in all four sports. The best case scenario for me would be that I really hope he gets pissy about getting rejected by the league and then sells the team to someone that actually cares about the franchise and fans and wants to win for a change.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the crazy part about business...He's actually not in the hole at all. His franchise jumps in value from 1 billion to 3 billion...The rest is just BS debt that he either pays off over the years(easily with the money he and his wife have)or the return to LA is SO successful that its paid back within a year or two due to exploding profits...

When you an your wife are worth more than 10 billion combined, you can take on debts us normal human beings(you and I)can't even comprehend...

BTW, its actually more...The stadium is 1.8 and the fee is 1bil. so its 2.8 billion!!!

Well that triple in value means nothing untill he sells the team. The cost of The stadium and the relocation fee is real time money.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I'd love to see nothing more than for the league to reject his bid for Los Angeles. I loathe this guy more than Peter Angelos and it takes a lot for me to say that because I think he's one of the worst owners in all four sports. The best case scenario for me would be that I really hope he gets pissy about getting rejected by the league and then sells the team to someone that actually cares about the franchise and fans and wants to win for a change.

I certainly understand what you're saying...But as I've explained earlier in this thread, I think Stan has the league by the balls...
They have tride illegally to work against him behind the scenes but when it comes down to it, I think he's going to win. Guys with his money and power usually do.

There is only ONE guy in the league with more wealth/power who COULD throw his weight around here and change things...That would be Paul Allen, but he's such a nice, timid guy that I'm not sure he'd EVER assert himself here...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly understand what you're saying...But as I've explained earlier in this thread, I think Stan has the league by the balls...
They have tride illegally to work against him behind the scenes but when it comes down to it, I think he's going to win. Guys with his money and power usually do.

There is only ONE guy in the league with more wealth/power who COULD throw his weight around here and change things...That would be Paul Allen, but he's such a nice, timid guy that I'm not sure he'd EVER assert himself here...

I'm going to disagree. A lot of the owners could look at him as this hotshot guy that thinks he can get away with what he wants (like still not relinquishing majority control over the Nuggets and Avalanche) and take him down a few pegs by voting against the Inglewood proposal (which I know some pretty much already plan to do). Also for the fact that St. Louis is actually trying to do something to keep their team while San Diego and Oakland haven't done a damn thing about those situations and have no plans to.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that triple in value means nothing untill he sells the team.

You're kidding right??? That value INSTANTLY makes him one of the most powerful owners in the league...THAT's what it is about to Stan. Not only does it make him more powerful, but gives him a larger share of the yearly NFL profits being in a large market like L.A...No offense Cougar, but you're obviously WAY out of your league in this kind of convo...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You haven't heard the rumors about Larry Ellison buying the Raiders I take it?? He's worth 46 billion.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree. A lot of the owners could look at him as this hotshot guy that thinks he can get away with what he wants (like still not relinquishing majority control over the Nuggets and Avalanche) and take him down a few pegs by voting against the Inglewood proposal (which I know some pretty much already plan to do). Also for the fact that St. Louis is actually trying to do something to keep their team while San Diego and Oakland haven't done a damn thing about those situations and have no plans to.

The problem with the St. Louis proposal, they're 100 mil short...As far as Stan being a "hotshot", he's a billionaire, of course he's a hotshot, ALL these billionaires/multimillionaires think they are... I personally don't think ANY of these teams have the votes to relocate...Doesn't mean none of them will...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't heard the rumors about Larry Ellison buying the Raiders I take it?? He's worth 46 billion.

Does he own them right now? Are the Raiders for sale? both answers are no. Stay on point here!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he own them right now? Are the Raiders for sale? both answers are no. Stay on point here!!!

Well he is talking to Davis about buying a part of the Raiders which would relieve any financial concerns with the Raiders.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate? you really don't get how business works, do you??? A multi-billionaire like Stan Kroenke doesn't get desperate. Rams or no Rams, he can build that stadium and make HUGE money. You want to talk about the moves of a desperate man, take a look at Spanos in San Diego...

This. There's a buzz in Inglewood about all this....people are getting excited. And it's going to mean a lot of jobs....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the St. Louis proposal, they're 100 mil short...As far as Stan being a "hotshot", he's a billionaire, of course he's a hotshot, ALL these billionaires/multimillionaires think they are... I personally don't think ANY of these teams have the votes to relocate...Doesn't mean none of them will...

A $100 million short I don't think will be an issue and that can be negotiated and worked out. The issues in San Diego and Oakland are completely different in that they haven't even nearly made 1% of the effort St. Louis has in trying to keep their team, which I think a lot of owners will see when it comes time for them to vote.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have to be for sale for somebody to buy them.

From what I understand Davis has been looking for a partner for sometime. He selling a portion of the team not the whole thing.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Davis has been looking for a partner for sometime. He selling a portion of the team not the whole thing.

I'll believe it when I see it happen and it's likely to be a very minor stake in the team.