• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looks like Arnott may be next

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get anything for him I saw send him out... doesn't matter that he is producing this season is over no sense in keeping him around, give him a chance to win somewhere

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying i dissagree would free up allot of cap space and they would have the ability to groom some of our younger players.if arnott goes i could say josefson getting called back up from albany

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Josefson is better then Arnott right now anyways so I'm all for that!!

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve already said that Lou said Josefson will be back in the lineup when hes 100%

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire and ice says Josefson has been sent to Albany on assignment that hes not even listed on our roster now which leads you to think hes going to be in albany for a while.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be honest, I think we all knew Arnott was gone no matter what because of the salary cap. So his value to the team was totally based around a playoff push, which isn't going to happen.

So if he leaves, that leaves a massive hole in the middle for the rest of the season.

That means that players like J.J., Henrique are going to get minutes here at some point. Langenbrunner means Tedenby is going to get minutes.

I also definitely see Lou trying to move Salvador for literally anything if he returns healthy. Zubrus is also definitely on the block. Same with Clarkson most likely, although Lou definitely likes Clarkson, and I think he's definitely a 20G scorer on a second line.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They'd totally move Greene too if anyone would take him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I think we all knew Arnott was gone no matter what because of the salary cap. So his value to the team was totally based around a playoff push, which isn't going to happen.

So if he leaves, that leaves a massive hole in the middle for the rest of the season.

That means that players like J.J., Henrique are going to get minutes here at some point. Langenbrunner means Tedenby is going to get minutes.

I also definitely see Lou trying to move Salvador for literally anything if he returns healthy. Zubrus is also definitely on the block. Same with Clarkson most likely, although Lou definitely likes Clarkson, and I think he's definitely a 20G scorer on a second line.

I could definately see all of that and dont get me wrong I like Zubrus but I think Clarky has allot more upside .

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't know much of the draft next year but with getting a top pick already and its a "weak" draft won't it make sense to ask for a pick next year? Esp if we are going to lose a 1st somewhere

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know much of the draft next year but with getting a top pick already and its a "weak" draft won't it make sense to ask for a pick next year? Esp if we are going to lose a 1st somewhere

That's in interesting theory, but Lou'd love to make a big splash at this year's draft. Especially since we'll be having a big draft day party for sure.

I'd be willing to bet that Lou's plan with the forfeited pick is to wait until the last possible year, with the intention of the Devils being good again so it's as late in the first round as possible.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with that. I'm going to assume that next years draft is nothing special but I just don't like putting all our eggs in one basket esp if this draft is known to be weak. Have to make the rebuild as short as possible.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go to the draft partys to mc they have been good in the past kind of curious what it will be like if we get the number 1

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man imagine this last year how good tavares would look in njd. Granted this year there is no sure lock superstar but I really hope the devils do the fans right and go all out

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with that. I'm going to assume that next years draft is nothing special but I just don't like putting all our eggs in one basket esp if this draft is known to be weak. Have to make the rebuild as short as possible.

I honestly know nothing about the overall depth of the draft. I just know that the super top end is supposedly not as strong, but considering how the last two drafts have turned out in terms of top 3 picks, maybe we shouldn't believe the hype.. Other than Doughty, who was three years ago, who has been generational since Stamkos? Definitely not Tavares, Duchene, Hedman, Hall or Seguin. Not that I'm bashing any of those players. It's just that people expect a Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin every year. I was reading many comparisons between Hedman and Larsson: They all acknowledge that Larsson isn't as physical, but has more offensive upside.

I can't see this team going with anyone but a defenseman with their first pick.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take first we will be taking Larsson without a doubt.. the only thing I could see is Lou moving the pick

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That kid courtier I think his name from Canada is nice...center too!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man imagine this last year how good tavares would look in njd. Granted this year there is no sure lock superstar but I really hope the devils do the fans right and go all out

After watching Jeff Skinner play a few times, I'd take him over Tavares in an instant.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we take first we will be taking Larsson without a doubt.. the only thing I could see is Lou moving the pick

Funny thing is, I could totally see the Devils having 5K fans in the Pru for a draft party/ Equipment sale, and Lou trading the pick for an NHL ready player too. Hahah. Beat of his own drum.