• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at my draft trade value chart

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bray needs to play a hell of a lot better than he did against Florida and Georgia. That shit continues and his stock will be hurt.

Bray has too much Potential Ray. Someone will draft him early and I won't knock them for doing so. He's like a wild stallion that needs to be tamed. I like him much better than I did Nick Foles who happens to be a gem. I don't see him falling out of the first round (Arizona is a big candidate), but if he does I can see a team like the Bears or Houston drafting him and develop him accordingly.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, Peppers is a top-10 prospect. My point was that no one, absolutely no one, is worthy of trading up all of those draft picks for - sans a super star QB.

I disagree Clyde.

Of the "non-QBs", me personally if I were a GM I would have done it for Calvin, Fitz, and Peppers depending on where my organization is at in terms of talent. Houston texans have two great RBs and more than a solid team to contend for a SB. I don't think they are an elite team yet, still if you were the GM of that orginzation, Clyde, would you trade 3 first round picks (2012, 2013, 2014) for Calvin before he signed that MEGA deal with the Lions? Seriously, be honest with me?

Think about where they picked in 2012, and try to project where they will pick in 2013, and 2014 please. After doing that, envision having Calvin and Andre Johnson on your team with Arian Foster. Mind you, you already have JJ Watt and all of your 2nd round picks to plug in holes elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we wanted to make a big move, I'd ideally like to keep adding ammo for one more year before we swing a Julio Jones type trade. If we could keep trading out another year and add higher future picks, then it gets that much easier to pull off and also allows us to avoid shelving WR talent again like this year. That would also help stagger the youth movement for the QB with Jenkins coming into his third year in the same system (at least for X's and O's).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree Clyde.

Of the "non-QBs", me personally if I were a GM I would have done it for Calvin, Fitz, and Peppers depending on where my organization is at in terms of talent. Houston texans have two great RBs and more than a solid team to contend for a SB. I don't think they are an elite team yet, still if you were the GM of that orginzation, Clyde, would you trade 3 first round picks (2012, 2013, 2014) for Calvin before he signed that MEGA deal with the Lions? Seriously, be honest with me?

Think about where they picked in 2012, and try to project where they will pick in 2013, and 2014 please. After doing that, envision having Calvin and Andre Johnson on your team with Arian Foster. Mind you, you already have JJ Watt and all of your 2nd round picks to plug in holes elsewhere.

i wouldn't. yes, it depends on your specific team at that time, but the odds are low you get in a situation where you'd do this (non-QB)?

agree (with Clyde?) you might do it for a franchise QB, but can't see it for another position.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Clyde.

No, I wouldn't. I'd be happy with a Hakeem Nicks and two other solid players.

And the Falcons didn't trade 3 first round picks for Julio Jones.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, I wouldn't. I'd be happy with a Hakeem Nicks and two other solid players.

And the Falcons didn't trade 3 first round picks for Julio Jones.

I know they didn't I was just asking for Calvin. He was rumored to be leaving Detroit at some point early during the offseason. That talked died out pretty fast...anyway people were throwing hypotheticals in regard to how much would you have given up to acquire him. So what would you have given for a player like Calvin? I would give 3 first rounders, and you say that that was too much? Julio is not in the same class as Calvin yet they gave up 2 for him.

You wouldn't would be able to draft a Hakeem Nicks in the late 20s early 30s. Remember, we're speculating/projecting that we will be picking in the late 20s for these next 3 years. Ketwan Balmer, AJ Jenkins, type like picks. I'd give up those guys for Calvin anyday of the week twice on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know they didn't I was just asking for Calvin. He was rumored to be leaving Detroit at some point early during the offseason. That talked died out pretty fast...anyway people were throwing hypotheticals in regard to how much would you have given up to acquire him. So what would you have given for a player like Calvin? I would give 3 first rounders, and you say that that was too much? Julio is not in the same class as Calvin yet they gave up 2 for him.

You wouldn't would be able to draft a Hakeem Nicks in the late 20s early 30s. Remember, we're speculating/projecting that we will be picking in the late 20s for these next 3 years. Ketwan Balmer, AJ Jenkins, type like picks. I'd give up those guys for Calvin anyday of the week twice on Sundays.

Hakeem Nicks was drafted 29th overall.

Signing status of 2009 NFL Draft firstround picks