• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at my draft trade value chart

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
BINGO;2425405If you look at the past 10 years said:
Clowney looks great, but I wouldn't put him THAT high. I wouldn't even put him in Aldon Smith's category yet.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@EKmane, No it wouldn't be a waste!! If you look at the past 10 years, Clowney is in the top -5 five prospect to come out of the college ranks. He's up there with Calvin, Luck, Fitz, Peppers,both Petersons, etc. He's that good!? How would he be a waste of a pick if he were to play in a 3-4? Please explain. I am baffled by that comment.

My opinion is that it would be a waste for the simple fact that our de's aren't focused on rushing the passer like that. To me Clowney will be aBruce Smith kind of de, I think if he plays a Justin Smith role it would be a waste of his talents, especially if we traded away all of our picks.

If you feel he's able to run at olb then that's a different story, that's a story that I'm not up on yet. I'd have to take a closer look at him from that lens.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My opinion is that it would be a waste for the simple fact that our de's aren't focused on rushing the passer like that. To me Clowney will be aBruce Smith kind of de, I think if he plays a Justin Smith role it would be a waste of his talents, especially if we traded away all of our picks.

If you feel he's able to run at olb then that's a different story, that's a story that I'm not up on yet. I'd have to take a closer look at him from that lens.

Yes, he's talented and more than capable to play OLB in our scheme. He's more athletic than Aldon.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@EKmane, No it wouldn't be a waste!! If you look at the past 10 years, Clowney is in the top -5 five prospect to come out of the college ranks. He's up there with Calvin, Luck, Fitz, Peppers,both Petersons, etc. He's that good!? How would he be a waste of a pick if he were to play in a 3-4? Please explain. I am baffled by that comment.

He's in the top 5 of the last 10 years, but you list 6 guys and an "etc?"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many superbowls have Julius Peppers and Mario Williams combined for? Are they even still on the original teams that drafted them?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

don't know about these players but agree with the general idea. we need DE's that are more like DT's.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he made it seem like was that we would completely trade s lot if our picks for one guy. Not a big fan of that. We need to keep drafting solid. Not saying have 11 picks but the normal 7 maybe 6 is always good to have with depth.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The way he made it seem like was that we would completely trade s lot if our picks for one guy. Not a big fan of that. We need to keep drafting solid. Not saying have 11 picks but the normal 7 maybe 6 is always good to have with depth.

We have so much depth right now that NONE of our 2012 draft class is even active on game days. You want to add depth to the point where they aren't even making the team? I'd much rather trade many (most, all) of our picks if it meant we could get a guy who could come in and contribute in a significant way as a a rookie.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see us target DE/NT in the first couple rounds that can be an heir apparent to Justin Smith and then focus on S in a deep safety draft.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so much depth right now that NONE of our 2012 draft class is even active on game days. You want to add depth to the point where they aren't even making the team? I'd much rather trade many (most, all) of our picks if it meant we could get a guy who could come in and contribute in a significant way as a a rookie.

Would you trade future picks?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only positions I can see a rookie impacting(moving up or not) is center, nt or fs.

p.s I still want Goldson, just at ss, we could cut Whitner.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only positions I can see a rookie impacting(moving up or not) is center, nt or fs.

p.s I still want Goldson, just at ss, we could cut Whitner.

I would add CB and DE to that list. They may not be starters right away, but they would dress and contribute on game day as rookies, and a top 10 pick has better odds of becoming a stud than a guy in the early 30s.

I would be very tempted to include a #1 WR on that list as well. I could see us going into next year without Moss and Ginn, possibly KW.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand. But hey we have been pretty lucky with injuries. What if we had the rams bad luck of last yr and are down to are 10 th CB or whatever position. Also you can't always keep everyone you want as we get good players we give out big contracts. We ate barely under the cap now. We will see this problem next yr and on. Depth is key cuz you just never know. Ill be ok with getting rid of some picks but not throwing them all away for just a player. We are good because our whole team is solid. We could easily lose that if we get rid of all our picks to grab a great player. Just my two cents.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add CB and DE to that list. They may not be starters right away, but they would dress and contribute on game day as rookies, and a top 10 pick has better odds of becoming a stud than a guy in the early 30s.

I would be very tempted to include a #1 WR on that list as well. I could see us going into next year without Moss and Ginn, possibly KW.

a #1 wr would be nice, but with the way vernon, crabtree and mario are playing i think we're in good shape. upgrading delanie would be huge given how much we run two te sets.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand. But hey we have been pretty lucky with injuries. What if we had the rams bad luck of last yr and are down to are 10 th CB or whatever position.

If that happens to any team they're fucked. That's not a reason to continue stockpiling players when you have nowhere to put them.

Also you can't always keep everyone you want as we get good players we give out big contracts. We ate barely under the cap now. We will see this problem next yr and on.

Isn't that a reason to look to add talent rather than just adding more bodies?

Depth is key cuz you just never know. Ill be ok with getting rid of some picks but not throwing them all away for just a player.

We aren't "throwing them away for just a player." That statement is ignorant. We're talking about trading them for a star, not a an average player. This was a week draft for OLB, but if you could trade Jenkins, James, and the rest of the 2012 draft for Bruce Irvin, would you? And IRvin went 15th.

Had we done that, we could use our 2013 picks to add WR, RB etc. Instead, we can make a move in 2013 to get a difference maker.

We are good because our whole team is solid. We could easily lose that if we get rid of all our picks to grab a great player. Just my two cents.

Our whole team IS solid. We aren't getting rid of players we already have. We aren't talking about trading McDonald, Crabtree, Hunter and Culliver. We're talking about trading draft picks.

So far this year one of our draft picks has been active on game day: Trenton Robinson.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a #1 wr would be nice, but with the way vernon, crabtree and mario are playing i think we're in good shape. upgrading delanie would be huge given how much we run two te sets.

I think Delanie gets a bad wrap on here. He's not a great pass catcher, but he does everything else well, stuff that makes this offense click.

I also think trading up for a #2 TE/H-back would be a little silly.

Crabtree and Manningham are playing well, but neither one is the difference making WR, and odds are that Jenkins isn't. If we have the opportunity to get a Johnson (Calvin or Andre)/AJ Green/Julio Jones type WR I think it's the right move.