• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to next offseason

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some of the moves the Rangers should make to improve? What do we do if CJ leaves?

Here's my vote for next off season if CJ leaves. I think we should put a package together to see if we can get Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers. I'd offer then Neil Rameriz, Mike Olt, Mitch Moreland, Luis Sardinas, and Scott Feldman. I'd throw in Scott Feldman because he would be a really good pitcher in Dodger Stadium. I'd add Neftali to the deal if it was needed to get the deal done.

I would then make a hard push at signing Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason why the Dodgers would/should trade Kershaw, he's good, young, and cheap, even if he's awarded 4 million in arbitration, thats chump change for a number 1, maybe once he gets into the 10+ million range, then if they are still having money troubles then think about dealing him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some of the moves the Rangers should make to improve? What do we do if CJ leaves?

Here's my vote for next off season if CJ leaves. I think we should put a package together to see if we can get Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers. I'd offer then Neil Rameriz, Mike Olt, Mitch Moreland, Luis Sardinas, and Scott Feldman. I'd throw in Scott Feldman because he would be a really good pitcher in Dodger Stadium. I'd add Neftali to the deal if it was needed to get the deal done.

I would then make a hard push at signing Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder.

I do not want Fielder on this team. He rakes hitting but he is a joke of a first baseman. Young is our DH, no way is he going anywhere.

As has already been stated Kershaw isn't going anywhere. He is exactly the player LA needs to build around. And I am always sketchy on throwing big money at NL pitchers. Their stats are somewhat deflated as most NL parks are pitchers parks and they only have to face 8 batters and a pitcher, as opposed to 8 batters and a batter who's sole job is to be a good hitter.

As for Pujols, he's not leaving the Cardinals.

I doubt CJ leaves Texas though he might if a west coast team threw stupid money at him. He has already said he wants to stay in Texas. I still think they might consider making a push for Mark Buehrle though.

Rep Boost for JTA.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want Fielder on this team. He rakes hitting but he is a joke of a first baseman. Young is our DH, no way is he going anywhere.

As has already been stated Kershaw isn't going anywhere. He is exactly the player LA needs to build around. And I am always sketchy on throwing big money at NL pitchers. Their stats are somewhat deflated as most NL parks are pitchers parks and they only have to face 8 batters and a pitcher, as opposed to 8 batters and a batter who's sole job is to be a good hitter.

As for Pujols, he's not leaving the Cardinals.

I doubt CJ leaves Texas though he might if a west coast team threw stupid money at him. He has already said he wants to stay in Texas. I still think they might consider making a push for Mark Buehrle though.

Rep Boost for JTA.

The Dodgers are not a good team and will not contend while Kershaw is under contract. Making a Teix type of trade is one way to quickly start contending. That's why I believe they might move him if they get the right deal.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no desire to make a Teix type deal for a NL pitcher that pitches in a pitchers park, too risky

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WAY too much to give up for him. Especially considering that the Rangers can go after Darvish.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY too much to give up for him. Especially considering that the Rangers can go after Darvish.

Darvish is almost as risky as any NL pitcher. Buehrle is the better target in my opinion.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we re-sign CJ, sign Darvish and that's it. we would have CJ, Ogando, Holland & Darvish as 4 of our starters and let the others battle for the 5th starter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting Feldman starts for us next year if we don't trade him. Probably in place of Colby with us possibly trading Colby.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feldman's stuff has looked very good lately, showed himself to just unhealthy last year with that bum knee, sinker has LOTS of movement, and where it should be

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feldman's stuff has looked very good lately, showed himself to just unhealthy last year with that bum knee, sinker has LOTS of movement, and where it should be

right now Feldman would be my #5 in 2012

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas resigns CJ and could get Buehrle a rotation of:

CJ
Ogando
Harrison
Holland
Feldman

Looks pretty good for next year. Ogando will be fine. He just needs to make some mental adjustments. The league has adjusted to him. No he needs to adjust back.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i have lost all confidence in lewis. yesterday, in particular, he looked surprised to see wash pull him. geez dude! you were getting shelled along with a ton of walks and you are shocked as to why you were getting the hook? come on man, wake up! heaven forbid the very notion that your manager might have the inclination to attempt to salvage the game in which you were currently defecating all over

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colby will be fine. It's funny how when he had these rough stretches people are so easy to forget how well he has pitched for most of the year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby will be fine. It's funny how when he had these rough stretches people are so easy to forget how well he has pitched for most of the year.

Colby just needs a skipped start I think. Probably needs the mental break as much as the physical break like Harrison.

That said. The long balls have been annoying this year.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

as of right now he is pitching himself out of the playoff rotation (assuming we make it) and if his poor pitching continues, he might not even be on the playoff roster. i would love to see him turn it around; i'm just struggling to find any reason to think he will though

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player the Rangers should consider trading for who is just coming into his prime is Alex Gordon. The Royals will be looking for pitching help so I say put a package together with Scott and Colby and get the deal done. Not sure what else it would take but I'd try to make that happen. He'd be an upgrade over Mitch Moreland at first and in the of.

I'd then trade for Clayton Kershaw after we sign CJ Wilson. Then we roll with a rotation of CJ, Kershaw, Ogando, Holland, and Harrison. Now that's a solid rotation 1-5.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player the Rangers should consider trading for who is just coming into his prime is Alex Gordon. The Royals will be looking for pitching help so I say put a package together with Scott and Colby and get the deal done. Not sure what else it would take but I'd try to make that happen. He'd be an upgrade over Mitch Moreland at first and in the of.

I'd then trade for Clayton Kershaw after we sign CJ Wilson. Then we roll with a rotation of CJ, Kershaw, Ogando, Holland, and Harrison. Now that's a solid rotation 1-5.

Why not hold onto Moreland as he comes into his prime, instead of shipping him and others off for Gordon? (b/c Moreland alone wouldn't get it done)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you act like the Dodgers are just going to be happy to give up kershaw. I would bet you my next paycheck he's not available unless we give them the moon.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you act like the Dodgers are just going to be happy to give up kershaw. I would bet you my next paycheck he's not available unless we give them the moon.

I have no idea what the Dodgers are thinking. But if there's any chance to get an Ace we have to look at it. Where did I say the Dodgers were going to give Kershaw away for free?