• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lonzo Ball

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Green stays away from this dude and his family. Plenty of talent out there without this baggage hanging on.

FYI you all would trade Ingram and a pick in a heart beat for Paul George.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Green stays away from this dude and his family. Plenty of talent out there without this baggage hanging on.

I certainly would. Upside is just upside. Just like the draft, the most value they'll ever have is before they're drafted.

But on the flip side, you don't trade Ingram for PG without a plan in place to get talent to compete right away. Otherwise it's mostly a lateral move considering no room for growth and limited ceiling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I mean, I'd probably ultimately do it, but I would much rather keep Ingram and add George. Top 3 pick and any other young guy on the roster?...I'm not even batting an eye.

Top 3 pick and Ingram?... That one I'd have to really think about (especially since, if the rumors about him wanting to be a Laker are true, they could get him after next year and not have to give up anyone). If he had to be included, then I'd try to make it him and the later 1st round pick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so because the Lakers could have easily not got that pick - but I think the preference would be Russell and Randle - They still believe Ingram is going to be a super-star. To be honest - I kind of think the Lakers might be better off waiting one more year before trading those picks and see what they can do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In most cases, I'd agree we with you.

Not this one.

George can be had next Summer.

You don't do what the Knicks did with Melo.

Is there a risk?

Yes.

The Pacers could trade him somewhere that he ends up loving.

But, I'd roll the dice.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so because the Lakers could have easily not got that pick - but I think the preference would be Russell and Randle - They still believe Ingram is going to be a super-star. To be honest - I kind of think the Lakers might be better off waiting one more year before trading those picks and see what they can do.
^ This.

It's the worst kept secret that he wants to be a Laker.

One more year isn't gonna hurt because nobody is beating the Warriors, if they stay healthy and intact.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I mean, I'd probably ultimately do it, but I would much rather keep Ingram and add George. Top 3 pick and any other young guy on the roster?...I'm not even batting an eye.

Top 3 pick and Ingram?... That one I'd have to really think about (especially since, if the rumors about him wanting to be a Laker are true, they could get him after next year and not have to give up anyone). If he had to be included, then I'd try to make it him and the later 1st round pick.
Yup.

Look at the Shit deal Vlade took for Boogie.

Look at the guys Orlando got for Howard.

Look at the Heat and Thunder after losing generational players for zilch.

Diminished returns are unavoidable when the player lessens his value by making it clear where he wants to go or has a year or less left on his contract.

Does anyone honestly believe the Team trading for him won't insist that he signs the extension immediately? Ainge, or any sane GM, is not giving up valuable assets for a rental.

The Pacers won't have any leverage to demand more than the pick, maybe both, and either Randle, Russell or Clarkson.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pastor or minister must have preached on patience in church last week. Both of you are correct

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one little question here. Not trying to start trouble, but my mind remembers Kwame Brown being a first round pick so is there any chance that Ball ends up being a bust. My second question is if given the choice, do the Lakers want him or do they have someone else they prefer? I don't think it's a given that the Lakers wan Lonzo Ball given they would have to put up with the dad. They might say screw that shit. No? Yes?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one little question here. Not trying to start trouble, but my mind remembers Kwame Brown being a first round pick so is there any chance that Ball ends up being a bust. My second question is if given the choice, do the Lakers want him or do they have someone else they prefer? I don't think it's a given that the Lakers wan Lonzo Ball given they would have to put up with the dad. They might say screw that shit. No? Yes?
Ball would play of Russell well.

DeAngelo is probably better suited as a sg.

Both are long. So, it would work.

The only way Ball could be considered a bust is if you believe he's a generational talent.

He's not.

He won't be the Next Magic. Hell, he won't even be the next Jason Kid.

Think more....a tall ass Mike Conley.

Excellent floor general, game manager.

I would take Fultz, Jackson over him.

If I needed a scoring guard, I might look at Fox, Smith over him too.

Depending on who picks where, Tatum, Fultz, Jackson could all come off the board before Ball and I don't think it would surprise anyone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball would play of Russell well.

DeAngelo is probably better suited as a sg.

Both are long. So, it would work.

The only way Ball could be considered a bust is if you believe he's a generational talent.

He's not.

He won't be the Next Magic. Hell, he won't even be the next Jason Kid.

Think more....a tall ass Mike Conley.

Excellent floor general, game manager.

I would take Fultz, Jackson over him.

If I needed a scoring guard, I might look at Fox, Smith over him too.

Depending on who picks where, Tatum, Fultz, Jackson could all come off the board before Ball and I don't think it would surprise anyone.
I think you have to beware that Balls dad is obviously looking out for his son and playing a big role. I could see where some teams would just not want to deal with that

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to beware that Balls dad is obviously looking out for his son and playing a big role. I could see where some teams would just not want to deal with that
Totally agree.

But, I would love to see Phil Jackson openly troll him or Lavar making Vlade cry....lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

But, I would love to see Phil Jackson openly troll him or Lavar making Vlade cry....lol
I bet you $1000 right now that you would gladly trade Blake Griffin for this dude today for the Clippers:heh:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you $1000 right now that you would gladly trade Blake Griffin for this dude today for the Clippers:heh:
You must be high....lol

No way.

maxresdefault.jpg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Lakers fan on this board told me I was nuts when I told you guys 4 years ago to fire Kupchak

And I'm telling you now.....you don't want ANY parts of Paul George. Don't let his athleticism lie to you.

He's simply not a smart player, and it will cost you games. There is no need to mortgage the future for him unless you can get another star player to pair with him. You aren't winning ANYTHING with him as a centerpiece.

Don't fall for the okeydoke. If you're going to make a trade, trade for a LEGIT star, of which Paul George is NOT. He's a good player......but you can't realistically build around him. He's Pippen, not Jordan......actually he's Horace Grant.

And you're right, the WORST thing that can happen is if Lonzo is drafted to the Lakers. His dad will ALWAYS be there.......talking on radio, tv, etc, about how the team sucks and only his son is any good, throwing everybody under the bus. It will be a complete circus.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Lakers fan on this board told me I was nuts when I told you guys 4 years ago to fire Kupchak

And I'm telling you now.....you don't want ANY parts of Paul George. Don't let his athleticism lie to you.

He's simply not a smart player, and it will cost you games. There is no need to mortgage the future for him unless you can get another star player to pair with him. You aren't winning ANYTHING with him as a centerpiece.

Don't fall for the okeydoke. If you're going to make a trade, trade for a LEGIT star, of which Paul George is NOT. He's a good player......but you can't realistically build around him. He's Pippen, not Jordan......actually he's Horace Grant.

And you're right, the WORST thing that can happen is if Lonzo is drafted to the Lakers. His dad will ALWAYS be there.......talking on radio, tv, etc, about how the team sucks and only his son is any good, throwing everybody under the bus. It will be a complete circus.

I agree that you can't really build around Paul George, but the Lakers are playing the long game anyway. What he can do for the Lakers is help make them more attractive to other FA's. If we've learned nothing else, we've learned that today's players, for the most part, only want to go to a place where they can win.

If the Lakers don't give up too much to get him (which they shouldn't since they can get him after next season without giving up anything) and the young guys they already have continue to develop, they have a playoff caliber team that can offer other FA's the chance to win.

I don't know of any Lakers fans that think adding PG-13 completes the puzzle and makes them contenders. But he can be the guy that helps attract a guy who can. If that makes sense.

As for Mitch, he was a very good GM in his day. The problem was, he was sticking to the old way of doing things. For me, it became clear that he needed to go when a player who the Lakers had targeted in FA said that Mitch was the only GM who waited until the midnight deadline to contact anyone.

It's admirable that he was insisting on following the rules, but since no one else was following them, the result was that the Lakers were starting every FA period playing from behind.