• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Longoria for Miller & Soler

Which is the better side to have?

• Evan Longoria

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Brad Miller & Jorge Soler

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, I'm referring to a H2H cateogry, dynasty league. Which side is better in this trade: Evan Longoria for Brad Miller & Jorge Soler?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, I'm referring to a H2H cateogry, dynasty league. Which side is better in this trade: Evan Longoria for Brad Miller & Jorge Soler?

Jorge Soler IMO is not much... so to me it is basically Brad Miller Vs Evan Longoria...

What makes this interesting is Miller has SS and 1B eligibility and is supposed to play 2B this season... so that is very interesting... But in no way is he expected to have the numbers he did last year, while Longoria is probably Miller's upside...

So in a vacuum it is easily Longoria... But the position eligibility might make you more willing to downgrade... especially since Miller is also younger... But longoria is 31 and in the AL so he should have at least 3 years left of being decent...

I would probably stay with the longoria side... But I can easily see why one would take the other side...

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Soler IMO is not much... so to me it is basically Brad Miller Vs Evan Longoria...

What makes this interesting is Miller has SS and 1B eligibility and is supposed to play 2B this season... so that is very interesting... But in no way is he expected to have the numbers he did last year, while Longoria is probably Miller's upside...

So in a vacuum it is easily Longoria... But the position eligibility might make you more willing to downgrade... especially since Miller is also younger... But longoria is 31 and in the AL so he should have at least 3 years left of being decent...

I would probably stay with the longoria side... But I can easily see why one would take the other side...
I do have the Longoria side right now, but I do like Miller's position eligibility and few years younger. What do you think is a reasonable expectation for Miller this year as far as numbers go? Also, do you think Soler is pretty much worthless or just not great? He's put up decent numbers in limited action in the past and should finally get regular playing time this year I think.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have the Longoria side right now, but I do like Miller's position eligibility and few years younger. What do you think is a reasonable expectation for Miller this year as far as numbers go? Also, do you think Soler is pretty much worthless or just not great? He's put up decent numbers in limited action in the past and should finally get regular playing time this year I think.

Even with the 30 HRs he barely had over a 300 OBP. So it is not like his season was THAT great last year. And he never had over 20 hrs before this season. Now of course he is 27 so you can predict his power is closer to 25 than to 10. I could easily see him getting 25 especially with the every day role. But that is just HRs. He may give you 15 SB but not much in average or OBP.

Jorge soler is an OF for kc now. As we know OF is the deepest position in fantasy. And he is no longer on that offensive juggernaut. He strikes out too much to ever have a good BA and doesn't walk enough to compensate with his OBP. Sure he has 20+ HR power. But at of, a lot do. He is now just one of the crowd and i just don't see enough upside.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the 30 HRs he barely had over a 300 OBP. So it is not like his season was THAT great last year. And he never had over 20 hrs before this season. Now of course he is 27 so you can predict his power is closer to 25 than to 10. I could easily see him getting 25 especially with the every day role. But that is just HRs. He may give you 15 SB but not much in average or OBP.

Jorge soler is an OF for kc now. As we know OF is the deepest position in fantasy. And he is no longer on that offensive juggernaut. He strikes out too much to ever have a good BA and doesn't walk enough to compensate with his OBP. Sure he has 20+ HR power. But at of, a lot do. He is now just one of the crowd and i just don't see enough upside.

Makes sense, thanks! What would you expect from Longoria then? 30+ HR & 90+ RBI?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Longo there.