• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Long and Wells CUT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joseph will be a FA tomorrow morning. Long and Wells were cut so they will join Joseph as well. We will be re-doing the O-line and I suspect Wisnewski will be the only FA from outside the Rams to sign this year. Otherwise, Jones or Barnes will take over at center, we will pick-up an O-lineman in the draft to fill RT where Barksdale was and I suppose we will insert either Person or Washington at left guard. We also have Steven Baker who is a decent player in his own right who may take over the RT spot. Dude is 6'8, 315lbs.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joseph will be a FA tomorrow morning. Long and Wells were cut so they will join Joseph as well. We will be re-doing the O-line and I suspect Wisnewski will be the only FA from outside the Rams to sign this year. Otherwise, Jones or Barnes will take over at center, we will pick-up an O-lineman in the draft to fill RT where Barksdale was and I suppose we will insert either Person or Washington at left guard. We also have Steven Baker who is a decent player in his own right who may take over the RT spot. Dude is 6'8, 315lbs.

Scares me a bit having a second year player at LT and possibly a rookie at RT. Especially since we have no way to sign solid backups in case they don't perform well. I suppose we don't have much of a choice though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update from ESPN. Barnes has not been offered a tender for being a RFA. The Rams are going to let him walk if he wants. Wisnewski is the only option the Rams are pursuing to date. Brandon Washington is expected to be penciled in at left guard and the draft will provide a center if Jones is not ready to go. That leaves RT. Probably going to be the draft this year or Steven Baker off the PS.

This falls under the category of "some things never change". Craig Dahl took a $400,000 pay cut to remain a back-up safety and STs player for the Niners. :lol: I nearly died laughing reading that one. Here's the link: NFL Free Agency Blog - ESPN

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idea if they could sign a OT and a Center in FA. this would let them take one of the 3 Stud WR at 10. Then they could draft a Guard in the second.

I see 5 OT going in the first. Scherff, Collins, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings. no guards.

1.Cooper, White, WR
2. Cann, Tomlinson G
3. BPA

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update from ESPN. Barnes has not been offered a tender for being a RFA. The Rams are going to let him walk if he wants. Wisnewski is the only option the Rams are pursuing to date. Brandon Washington is expected to be penciled in at left guard and the draft will provide a center if Jones is not ready to go. That leaves RT. Probably going to be the draft this year or Steven Baker off the PS.

This falls under the category of "some things never change". Craig Dahl took a $400,000 pay cut to remain a back-up safety and STs player for the Niners. :lol: I nearly died laughing reading that one. Here's the link: NFL Free Agency Blog - ESPN

I like Wiz but am.ecstatic we got Hudson. Wiz can be a bit inconsistent & injury prone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's always Mike Person as well.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Long will be brought back to play RT at a cheaper rate, a MUCH cheaper rate. If not him, a guy I like who was a backup that got a taste of playing time and would be hungry is Jeremy Parnell from Dallas. He is 28, never been injured and played well when needed last year... probably looking at 2 to 3 years at 2 million per.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idea if they could sign a OT and a Center in FA. this would let them take one of the 3 Stud WR at 10. Then they could draft a Guard in the second.

I see 5 OT going in the first. Scherff, Collins, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings. no guards.

1.Cooper, White, WR
2. Cann, Tomlinson G
3. BPA
Scherff and Collins can both play Guard. Cameron Erving could probably should play Guard, too, but most see his 1st round value at Center and in a Zone scheme.

They NEED to get Wiesenewksi at Center now. The other options are much, much worse. I honestly don't want to see more than one rookie starting on that oline especially given Saffold's injury history and how young Robinson is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commish, I believe Parnell is signing with someone else as I recall from the plethora of articles I poured through yesterday.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wiz is too expensive, Rams could look at a De La Puente / Blalock pairing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me why Winewski wasn't signed by Oakland, instead they signed KC's center to a huge contract.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals are signing Lupati and want Adrian Peterson.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, I wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted out of Oakland, it is Oakland after all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons is a new coach in Del Rio and he wanted Hudson. Another reason is Wisnewski has an injury history that may be problematic. Like I stated, we could just as well go with a Rhaney or Jones and save the cap cash.

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wiz but am.ecstatic we got Hudson. Wiz can be a bit inconsistent & injury prone.

This is why the Raiders signed KC's Center and not Winewski. So the question really is: Do you pay this guy $5/6 million a year for a few years IF he's had injury issues?

That's kind of what's been the Rams' problem right? I'd hate to see us scramble for another back up, while someone else makes that kind of money.