• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL at First Take

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about how the 49ers are in trouble. Kaepernick is playing awful in the preseason and the 49ers are getting destroyed, so the 49ers should be worried that the 49ers are not Super Bowl contenders.

They obviously didn't pay attention to the 49ers passing game last season. They had one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL and were inches from winning the NFC Championship team, given Crabtree catches the pass. How did the Almighty Broncos do against that team a few weeks later?

They even said, "It's just not the preseason, it is a preview of things to come." LOL It is just the preseason. It's the time to try plays that look good on paper, look good in practice, but don't work. It is time to go for it on 4th and 5 on the opponent's 25 yard line.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Im not worried about how the 49ers have looked in preseason. The Colts use to go 0-4 in preseason and then win like 12+ games with Peyton at QB. Yesterday was Kaep's 1st game he didnt look good. But I dont put all the blame on him. Iupati was getting beat like he stole something. The 1st team defense looked really good and Dahl still looks like the worst safety in the NFL lol.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little worried. We do not look good.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really could care less about what the media says, but I share Purguy's concerns. The first team hasn't looked very good and there are holes.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reserve judgment till after week 1, it will be a great test for the D right out of the gate. But things haven't looked right so far, lucky for us that Dallas Defense should provide a great confidence boost.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Oline can get its crap together I think the offense will be okay. They are the weak link right now, more so than Kaepernick. The defense is still concerning. Lack of pass rush and secondary play was not very good

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watch espn when 9ers are on its garbage. Especially first take haven't seen that show in maybe a year. Has a Harbaugh led team ever looked good in pre-season? Like kap said worry when games count. If we look bad against cowboys then I'll worry

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If the Oline can get its crap together I think the offense will be okay. They are the weak link right now, more so than Kaepernick. The defense is still concerning. Lack of pass rush and secondary play was not very good

Iupati looked terrible yesterday. I don't need to wait for expert analysis to decipher that one. Looney held his own as did Johnathan Martin. With Anthony Davis coming back this week that will move J. Martin to the back up swing tackle and allow Looney to get some reps with Davis.

Didn't Iupati start off slow last year too?? He is coming off of a broken leg.....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Take says 49ers are in trouble.

Sporting News has Niners winning the Super Bowl.

LOL @ sports media talking heads.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Take says 49ers are in trouble.

Sporting News has Niners winning the Super Bowl.

LOL @ sports media talking heads.
So if we take both and put them together the 9ers are in trouble for winning the SB. :suds:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really could care less about what the media says, but I share Purguy's concerns. The first team hasn't looked very good and there are holes.

agree with both of you guys, they is a little concern. considering we have SB aspirations, there is certainly concern.

if we were only gunning for a winning record, then it looks about right.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first team Chargers D-Line made your guys look silly last night. I haven't seen us get that much consistent pressure on a QB in a long while. Within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped, we had a minimum of three guys behind the line.

It didn't look good, imo.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first team Chargers D-Line made your guys look silly last night. I haven't seen us get that much consistent pressure on a QB in a long while. Within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped, we had a minimum of three guys behind the line.

It didn't look good, imo.

The missing people and rust from those recently coming back did not help

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The missing people and rust from those recently coming back did not help

Fair enough. I'm not one to get way bent outta shape over preseason form. It shouldn't be exaggerated, but its not meaningless either. Plenty of time to get healthy and fix things - but at the very least, fair to say you guys don't look good right now.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I learned through the years is a lot of coaches are not too concerned with the preseason wins or losses. They try 4th down conversions. They try plays that might look good on paper and in practice, but not sure about games, so they try in preseason games. If it works, they may consider it in season. If it doesn't, they probably will scratch it.

I learned a lot of coaches only care about situations in preseason games. Then during game film meetings with coaches and players, they can focus in situations.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL play was troubling. Not worried about Kap. He had an off "day" yesterday but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing.

Guys have bad games. Between the 3 preseason games Kap probably played at most 3 quarters worth of normal football. Guys have gone games where they do nothing good for 3 quarters and then light it up in the 4th and get the W where everyone forgets what happened early in the game...and unfortunately as we've see as of late it works the other way around as well :(

Offense will be fine provided the OL fixes their errors.

You'd think people would learn not to put so much emphasis on preseson play.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I learned through the years is a lot of coaches are not too concerned with the preseason wins or losses. They try 4th down conversions. They try plays that might look good on paper and in practice, but not sure about games, so they try in preseason games. If it works, they may consider it in season. If it doesn't, they probably will scratch it.

I learned a lot of coaches only care about situations in preseason games. Then during game film meetings with coaches and players, they can focus in situations.

Chris????

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about how the 49ers are in trouble. Kaepernick is playing awful in the preseason and the 49ers are getting destroyed, so the 49ers should be worried that the 49ers are not Super Bowl contenders.

They obviously didn't pay attention to the 49ers passing game last season. They had one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL and were inches from winning the NFC Championship team, given Crabtree catches the pass. How did the Almighty Broncos do against that team a few weeks later?

They even said, "It's just not the preseason, it is a preview of things to come." LOL It is just the preseason. It's the time to try plays that look good on paper, look good in practice, but don't work. It is time to go for it on 4th and 5 on the opponent's 25 yard line.

We didn't have the worst passing offense; we just didn't pass that much compared to other teams. If you look at our passing efficiency rating from last season, it's not bad. Seahawks were actually very similar, and I wouldn't call them a bad pass offense.