• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL at Dwight

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE should start with Swaggy ecause he is liked by many if not all of his teammates even Kobe. He has that bravado and he backs it up. If we sign Swaggy, I am sure many of his teammates will follow.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE should start with Swaggy ecause he is liked by many if not all of his teammates even Kobe. He has that bravado and he backs it up. If we sign Swaggy, I am sure many of his teammates will follow.

:agree:Plus, with the possible exception of Farmar, he will be the most expensive to sign. If he signs for a "hometown discount" as he has indicated he would, that could encourage others to do the same.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Plus, with the possible exception of Farmar, he will be the most expensive to sign. If he signs for a "hometown discount" as he has indicated he would, that could encourage others to do the same.

Money shouldn't be a problem, if short Buss does what's right, If he even knows what that means.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers sign SwaggyP and some of the others, but if they do that will only have addressed the Bench. While that's great, the focus needs to be on the Starters. We saw what playing primarily with the Bench accomplished last season.

The Lakers also have to make signings this Off-Season with an eye on the 2015-2016 Season. So, this could be a very critical off season for L.A.. What's scary is that Jim Buss is in the mix. God help the Lakers. How does Kupchak put up with this crap?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers sign SwaggyP and some of the others, but if they do that will only have addressed the Bench. While that's great, the focus needs to be on the Starters. We saw what playing primarily with the Bench accomplished last season.

The Lakers also have to make signings this Off-Season with an eye on the 2015-2016 Season. So, this could be a very critical off season for L.A.. What's scary is that Jim Buss is in the mix. God help the Lakers. How does Kupchak put up with this crap?

Uh, they have some guy named Kobe coming in. I hear he's pretty good.:lol:

Seriously though, I agree about addressing the starters. I don't know how much they need to go after FA's this season because they have guys that they can sign from this year's team. I could see a starting lineup next season that looks like this:

PG - Farmar
SG - Kobe
SF - Luol Deng (if the Lakers go after him) or the draft pick
PF - Ryan Kelly or the draft pick
C- Pau or Jordan Hill (assuming they sign one or both of them)

Bench could be:

Swaggy P
Marshall
Nash
Hill (if he and Pau both re-sign)
Bazemore
Wes Johnson
Xavier Henry
Draft pick

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brooks and Blake might be on that bench as well.

I agree. You're not contending for a title with that team, but it might be a playoff caliber team. Then add a max FA like Kevin Love in 2015 and/or another in 2016 and be contenders.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You're not contending for a title with that team, but it might be a playoff caliber team. Then add a max FA like Kevin Love in 2015 and/or another in 2016 and be contenders.

I was thinking about the Lakers future yesterday while watching these other teams in the playoffs and came up with a scenario. This was spurred a bit by a B. Scott/K. Irving to the Lakers rumor. This could happen.

The Lakers use their draft pick this offseason and land a high quality player. The 2014/2015 season plays out likely not being serious contenders. Nash drops off the books in the summer of 2015. They let D'Antoni go and hire B. Scott (that one's for you TLF). Love opts out of his deal and signs long term with the Lakers. Irving is a free agent and also signs long term with the Lakers. The great thing about Kyrie is that he is not too expensive yet ($7m next season), so there is still financial flexibility.

2015-2016 Season
Kobe
Love
Irving
Kick-Ass 2nd Year Player

Kobe comes off the book in the summer of 2016. The Lakers would have around $30m tied up with Love, Irving, and a young stud. There would still be plenty of room left for another big signing even if there's some money going to the bench mob (Swaggy and Farmar :hope:).

2016-2017 Season
Love
Irving
Kick-Ass 3rd Year Player
Durant

Serious contenders. It's as easy as that :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Steve Blake coming back but i'd love to have Farmar and Marshall on the team again next year. Get Nash to train Marshall up and he could be a 10 point, 10 assist guy on a regular basis.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the Lakers future yesterday while watching these other teams in the playoffs and came up with a scenario. This was spurred a bit by a B. Scott/K. Irving to the Lakers rumor. This could happen.

The Lakers use their draft pick this offseason and land a high quality player. The 2014/2015 season plays out likely not being serious contenders. Nash drops off the books in the summer of 2015. They let D'Antoni go and hire B. Scott (that one's for you TLF). Love opts out of his deal and signs long term with the Lakers. Irving is a free agent and also signs long term with the Lakers. The great thing about Kyrie is that he is not too expensive yet ($7m next season), so there is still financial flexibility.

2015-2016 Season
Kobe
Love
Irving
Kick-Ass 2nd Year Player

Kobe comes off the book in the summer of 2016. The Lakers would have around $30m tied up with Love, Irving, and a young stud. There would still be plenty of room left for another big signing even if there's some money going to the bench mob (Swaggy and Farmar :hope:).

2016-2017 Season
Love
Irving
Kick-Ass 3rd Year Player
Durant

Serious contenders. It's as easy as that :suds:

It happened a season earlier than my little scenario, but that's a good thing. :yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Steve Blake coming back but i'd love to have Farmar and Marshall on the team again next year. Get Nash to train Marshall up and he could be a 10 point, 10 assist guy on a regular basis.

Depending on asking price, I could see Blake returning. He said he wanted to when he was traded. I guess it would come down to whether or not the Lakers want him back and how much they'd pay him compared to other teams and how quickly they can contend compared to other teams that express interest.

Love the idea of Nash working, not only with Marshall, but Farmar or any other PG's. To his credit, Nash is not averse to the idea either. When asked about it, he said he would consider it an honor.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on asking price, I could see Blake returning. He said he wanted to when he was traded. I guess it would come down to whether or not the Lakers want him back and how much they'd pay him compared to other teams and how quickly they can contend compared to other teams that express interest.

Love the idea of Nash working, not only with Marshall, but Farmar or any other PG's. To his credit, Nash is not averse to the idea either. When asked about it, he said he would consider it an honor.

I'm a big fan of Steve Blake, possibly the only one here on the SportsHoopla. Dude's a baller. That being said, if they bring back both Marshall and Farmar, I'm not sure there's another roster spot left for Blake. Maybe they figure they'll need to carry an extra with the likelihood of Nash missing time again though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Steve Blake, possibly the only one here on the SportsHoopla. Dude's a baller. That being said, if they bring back both Marshall and Farmar, I'm not sure there's another roster spot left for Blake. Maybe they figure they'll need to carry an extra with the likelihood of Nash missing time again though.

I'm a big Steve Blake fan also. The beauty of Steve Blake is that he can play PG or SG. With the uncertainty around Nash and Kobe's injuries, he could be a great insurance policy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Blake will be back and so will Marshall, Farmar, and Bazemore.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The night belongs to Dame but I can't resist

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10155159_282621931915932_3433386636243374674_n.jpg

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, fuck that motherfucker! I hate that bitch and am glad his prima-donna ass is headed home.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, fuck that motherfucker! I hate that bitch and am glad his prima-donna ass is headed home.

tsk tsk. not QUITE the result that D12 was envisioning when his bitch ass left the Lakers, eh...?:lol:

i'm sure there are plenty of Lakers fans that feel bad for this poor fellow...somewhere...