• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lockette claims AJ Jenkins will "surprise a lot of people"

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of like you told us so that the Boston bombers were being persecuted with "little evidence" & the older brother came back from the dead only to be handcuffed naked on video tape?

I was thinking more like,
Culliver being overrated
A. Davis being a worthwhile project to take on
Kaepernick over Smith
Crabtree playing better with Kaep
along those lines.

The FBI never shared their information with the Boston PD. A whole lot of that thread was asking how two guys with backpacks in one picture and without it in another made them suspects, but when you add in the newly acquired information it adds up how they COULD target them as fast as they did.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@Crimson The first impression AJ made to Harbaugh rubbed him the wrong way, and from there, their plan was to give him an insignificant amount of playing time. Something like an under the table/unofficial punishment. I think ANY coordinator could find a way to give a speedster more than one target, especially with PS fodder getting activated onto the 53 man roster. Even Antonio Cromartie, correct me if I'm wrong, had more targets than Jenkins.

So Harbaugh was so upset that a guy who ran a faster 40 time (Owusu) beat Jennkins in the figure-eight drills at the rookie camp that he decided not to play Jenkins out of spite? And he didn't just do this for a couple games, but the entire season? Including when our second and third/fourth receivers went down with injury? And continued this in the playoffs and even the super bowl when we desperately needed another threat at WR? Absurd doesn't even begin to describe that.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I have no idea why Jenkins wasn't given an opportunity. Preseason, Reg. season, and Postseason, there wasn't any effort to make him comfortable.

How do you know what efforts were made? Were you in the meetings? Were you at practices? Do you have some innate sense of how the coaching staff treated the players? Was Jenkins treated significantly different than everyone else? Is he Petey from TC Williams?

The simple fact is that you don't know why he wasn't given an opportunity. To accuse the coaching staff of intentionally keeping him on the bench or in civis for the season because Harbaugh was mad at him in May is ridiculous. You're essentially saying that Harbaugh and staff threw away the Super Bowl because of some vendetta against a 23 year old. Shouldn't you be calling for the entire staff to be fired if that's the case?

Isn't there a better chance that the moon landing was faked AND 9/11 was a government conspiracy AND Area 51 is hiding alien technology AND Tupac and Elvis are alive than the coaching staff sabotaged the season by keeping the better player on the bench because the coach was upset with him in May?

Any and every valid point you might make regarding Jenkins is completely overshadowed by your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love my I told you so's, but no I'm not tearing him down. (?)

You're trying to tear him down for others. You're giving everyone that isn't you a remarkably poor opinion of him so that if he experiences even a little success you can have your "I told you so" moment.

Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot of AJ Jenkins talk on here, yet you want to treat him as if this entire board has already declared him a bust unfit to wear the 49er uniform. The way you represent the opinions of others allows you to gloat that you were right if he catches 15 balls for 200 yards this year.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking more like,
Culliver being overrated
A. Davis being a worthwhile project to take on
Kaepernick over Smith
Crabtree playing better with Kaep
along those lines.

The FBI never shared their information with the Boston PD. A whole lot of that thread was asking how two guys with backpacks in one picture and without it in another made them suspects, but when you add in the newly acquired information it adds up how they COULD target them as fast as they did.

I really don't want to get into another Culliver argument, but it's interesting that you are judging him as overrated based on a handful games while ignoring the early part of the season.

I don't remember a whole lot of people being critical of Davis. I know Sick was his strongest supporter.

Pretty much everyone except MLS wanted to see Kaepernick over Smith. I don't know where your "I told you so" comes from there.

Crabtree playing better with Kaep? Seriously?

And I find this whole Jenkins situation to be much closer to your Boston bombing theory. In both cases you make blanket statements without having close to all the facts. You acknowledge now that the FBI didn't share everything they knew with the media (the nerve of them to keep you in the dark to protect their investigation), but at the time you were assuming everything was public. Now you're assuming that there is some conspiracy against AJ Jenkins from the coaching staff without full knowledge of what goes on with the 49ers.

A lot of parallels there.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Harbaugh was so upset that a guy who ran a faster 40 time (Owusu) beat Jennkins in the figure-eight drills at the rookie camp that he decided not to play Jenkins out of spite? And he didn't just do this for a couple games, but the entire season? Including when our second and third/fourth receivers went down with injury? And continued this in the playoffs and even the super bowl when we desperately needed another threat at WR? Absurd doesn't even begin to describe that.

Don't forget that he was so mad at Owusu for beating Jenkins that he cut Owusu.

Except I am z wants us to accept that the grudge against Jenkins goes back before the figure 8 drills. He argues that Jenkins beat Owusu, but Harbaugh and staff said Owusu won because they were already conspiring against AJ Jenkins.

He must have answered the phone wrong on draft day.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone except MHSL wanted to see Kaepernick over Smith. I don't know where your "I told you so" comes from there.

I didn't "want" to see it last season, but I knew Kaep was more talented and would replace Smith at some point (whether that be the offseason or whatnot). I may have been the last one or few to think we could win with Smith and a gameplan built for Smith (and a great defense and running team), but I knew Kaep would pass Smith and already was more talented and skilled. I DID want to win so I wasn't going to fight the switch because I knew that Kaep was better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know what efforts were made? Were you in the meetings? Were you at practices? Do you have some innate sense of how the coaching staff treated the players? Was Jenkins treated significantly different than everyone else? Is he Petey from TC Williams?

The simple fact is that you don't know why he wasn't given an opportunity. To accuse the coaching staff of intentionally keeping him on the bench or in civis for the season because Harbaugh was mad at him in May is ridiculous. You're essentially saying that Harbaugh and staff threw away the Super Bowl because of some vendetta against a 23 year old. Shouldn't you be calling for the entire staff to be fired if that's the case?

Isn't there a better chance that the moon landing was faked AND 9/11 was a government conspiracy AND Area 51 is hiding alien technology AND Tupac and Elvis are alive than the coaching staff sabotaged the season by keeping the better player on the bench because the coach was upset with him in May?

Any and every valid point you might make regarding Jenkins is completely overshadowed by your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

It would be like me claiming that Harbaugh wanted to put Kaep in so much that he sabotaged the NFCC game after being up 14-3. Then, when we were still winning, he had KW bounce it off his knee. And then when we got the ball back in OT, he instructed KW to fumble. Then, when we still kept Smith, he overruled Roman on the big hit in the Rams game, opting for the QB run to the left, not the original handoff to Gore. (I know they said it was the QB sneak, but I don't think it was that, per se - accumulation or the big one.)

Just in case someone is being slow, I DO NOT believe any of the above, except that that claim would be similar (taken to an extreme) to a claim that Harbaugh sabotaged Jenkins. Harbaugh could be wrong, but not deliberately for the whole season punish Jenkins out of spite, IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really don't want to get into another Culliver argument, but it's interesting that you are judging him as overrated based on a handful games while ignoring the early part of the season.

I don't remember a whole lot of people being critical of Davis. I know Sick was his strongest supporter.

Pretty much everyone except MLS wanted to see Kaepernick over Smith. I don't know where your "I told you so" comes from there.

Crabtree playing better with Kaep? Seriously?

And I find this whole Jenkins situation to be much closer to your Boston bombing theory. In both cases you make blanket statements without having close to all the facts. You acknowledge now that the FBI didn't share everything they knew with the media (the nerve of them to keep you in the dark to protect their investigation), but at the time you were assuming everything was public. Now you're assuming that there is some conspiracy against AJ Jenkins from the coaching staff without full knowledge of what goes on with the 49ers.

A lot of parallels there.

Early in the season I thought Culliver was fortunate that he wasn't getting exposed.

Majority of fans already had A. Davis down as a bust.

There were those people wanted to let A. Smith finish the season after the loss to the Rams. I wanted Kaep to start the season.

Yes, there were/are fans who thought/think Crabtree's emerge into a #1 has nothing to do with the QB switch.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If we're going to call it a conspiracy it might as well have a name, let's label it the "Doghouse" conspiracy. It really seems like AJ Jenkins is in some kind of doghouse for him not to get playing time over Chad Hall.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we're going to call it a conspiracy it might as well have a name, let's label it the "Doghouse" conspiracy. It really seems like AJ Jenkins is in some kind of doghouse for him not to get playing time over Chad Hall.

I don't think we should call it a conspiracy, so it doesn't need a name. You, for reasons unknown to everyone else, have decided to create this conspiracy with zero evidence.

It's not a conspiracy. It's a fan grasping at straws to explain why a player he likes didn't get to play.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think we should call it a conspiracy, so it doesn't need a name. You, for reasons unknown to everyone else, have decided to create this conspiracy with zero evidence.

It's not a conspiracy. It's a fan grasping at straws to explain why a player he likes didn't get to play.

Whatever the theory may be is irrelevant, because as you pointed out before we're never going to know because it's indoors(paraphrasing), but the doghouse I believe is very real.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whatever the theory may be is irrelevant, because as you pointed out before we're never going to know because it's indoors(paraphrasing), but the doghouse I believe is very real.

So you believe that Harbaugh's petty grudge with Jenkins was more important than winning the Super Bowl.

Sure.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well now we need to hope both Jenkins and Lockette can step up. If Manningham isn't right to start the season, we may need both of them.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great, yet another season with WR being a question mark. But I'd venture to say that we would be in worse shape if Gore went down.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1