• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live presser

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like crap......sorry but it looks like they just threw this together.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just another attempt for St Louis to place blame at the feet of Kroneke. Kroneke is obviously not interested and he is done with these johnnie-come-latelies. The question was asked why they waited a year too late. The answer is obvious. I doubt they'll have the resources to force Kroneke to stay. Kroneke is going to move the Rams to LA. These guys however are probably going end up with a soccer franchise in their new stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it looks pretty badass. it would completely change downtown

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to turn into a battle retro. It is not like the Inglewood project has been planned for decades either. Hell, at one point they owners of the Forum were going to tear it down. It is very clear that the NFL is on the side of St Louis with this. They have been a part of this proposal for months. David Peacock made it extremely clear that while he is 100% sure that Kroenke has seen this proposal as it was given to the Rams front office weeks ago even though he is now refusing phone calls from the city,state or Mr. Peacock.
At the end of the day, no team in the history of the NFL has moved from one city to another with a viable (and yes, this is 100% viable) stadium proposal in place. It is going to be very hard for him to move the team at this point.
Again, this is not to say it WON'T happen. This just makes it a lot more difficult.
My conclusion from all of this is Kroenke is a business man. He will get the stadium in LA. He will OWN said stadium. He will LEASE said stadium to a team. He will also have cheap year to year lease in St Louis until the new stadium is done in 2018, at which time the Rams will move into THAT stadium. He will get all the revenue from BOTH stadiums. If he moves the Rams, he gets NOTHING from the new stadium in St Louis. Any good businessman knows that is a win-win for everyone. That is except for Rams fans in Los Angeles.
This is not going to be a fun few months. I would so much rather focus on who we are going to pick with pick #10 in the first round.... wouldn't you retro?? :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea for now. Commish, your scenario does have teeth to it. And you are right. This is going to turn into a fight because the city really wants that cash cow known as the Rams to stay. If the Rams move, they only have the Blues and Cards with little hope of getting an NFL team in the future. Soccer maybe. A drop in revenue of that magnitude could really hurt a town like St Louis.

Peacock also intimated that they are willing to fight the Rams from moving. I think the stadium plans were the first salvo and if Kroneke is not careful, he may end up in court to save his ass from being removed as the owner.

Although the issues were different, Marge Schott and Donald Sterling had their clubs taken from them. It can happen for lesser offenses as in this case depending just how hard the city wants to fight. I am sure the city is definitely pursuing alliances with Goodell to swing the balance of power. As you stated. In the meantime the draft is approaching and OTA's shortly thereafter.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to turn into a battle retro. It is not like the Inglewood project has been planned for decades either. Hell, at one point they owners of the Forum were going to tear it down. It is very clear that the NFL is on the side of St Louis with this. They have been a part of this proposal for months. David Peacock made it extremely clear that while he is 100% sure that Kroenke has seen this proposal as it was given to the Rams front office weeks ago even though he is now refusing phone calls from the city,state or Mr. Peacock.
At the end of the day, no team in the history of the NFL has moved from one city to another with a viable (and yes, this is 100% viable) stadium proposal in place. It is going to be very hard for him to move the team at this point.
Again, this is not to say it WON'T happen. This just makes it a lot more difficult.
My conclusion from all of this is Kroenke is a business man. He will get the stadium in LA. He will OWN said stadium. He will LEASE said stadium to a team. He will also have cheap year to year lease in St Louis until the new stadium is done in 2018, at which time the Rams will move into THAT stadium. He will get all the revenue from BOTH stadiums. If he moves the Rams, he gets NOTHING from the new stadium in St Louis. Any good businessman knows that is a win-win for everyone. That is except for Rams fans in Los Angeles.
This is not going to be a fun few months. I would so much rather focus on who we are going to pick with pick #10 in the first round.... wouldn't you retro?? :noidea:

I have to step in and correct you on a couple of key points made here.
This is exactly my line of work (Architect & developer in California) So please i urge you to take me somewhat seriously.

Point #1

This no NOT a 100% viable option for the Rams. Plain and simple, Stl only owns 30% of the land in the proposed area of which they want to build a new venue. Sorry but to me that's not viable.
In Inglewood SK and investors own 100% of the land that will be used for development.
Take it from me getting the other 70% of land from St louis owners will be expensive and like pulling teeth for them to move forward with the project. Especially now that they know where they want to build that stadium. That Land value just increased 100 fold. It's not gonna happen.

Point #2
Being an architect, that proposal took them a month to put together. Thats a bleeping joke mate. That sized project should have taken 3 to 6 months to get done. Not to mention their renderings looked like they were from the 1980's. Take it for what it's worth, that was a half assed proposal was designed to save butts from a political stand point. They know the Rams are moving and they don't want to lose votes because of it.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to step in and correct you on a couple of key points made here.
This is exactly my line of work (Architect & developer in California) So please i urge you to take me somewhat seriously.

Point #1

This no NOT a 100% viable option for the Rams. Plain and simple, Stl only owns 30% of the land in the proposed area of which they want to build a new venue. Sorry but to me that's not viable.
In Inglewood SK and investors own 100% of the land that will be used for development.
Take it from me getting the other 70% of land from St louis owners will be expensive and like pulling teeth for them to move forward with the project. Especially now that they know where they want to build that stadium. That Land value just increased 100 fold. It's not gonna happen.

Point #2
Being an architect, that proposal took them a month to put together. Thats a bleeping joke mate. That sized project should have taken 3 to 6 months to get done. Not to mention their renderings looked like they were from the 1980's. Take it for what it's worth, that was a half assed proposal was designed to save butts from a political stand point. They know the Rams are moving and they don't want to lose votes because of it.

Well stated Jacob...:agree:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why so many people think that the NFL wants the Rams to stay in St Louis. The Rams already have a large fan base in LA and the NFL knows it. At this point in time the NFL would rather have the Rams in LA than St Louis...at least that is my contention.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that the LA fans don't like the St. Louis stadium proposal. After years of reading snooty comments from un-named posters here and CBS, I'm glad that St. Louis threw a curve ball at them. This new proposal complicates this whole scenario that the Rams could possibly leave St. Louis.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that the LA fans don't like the St. Louis stadium proposal. After years of reading snooty comments from un-named posters here and CBS, I'm glad that St. Louis threw a curve ball at them. This new proposal complicates this whole scenario that the Rams could possibly leave St. Louis.

yeah its total BS if the NFL lets them move with a new stadium in the works.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its total BS if the NFL lets them move with a new stadium in the works.

The Rams leaving St. Louis has always been in the back of my mind. However, this gives me hope that they will stay. I think most owners would love to have a stadium that sits adjacent to the Mississippi and all its beauty, or a water source in general. The LA proposal looks beautiful and of course LA fans will support that regardless of how the stadium plans- because it means the team will play in LA. Had the St. Louis proposal been switched and the St. Louis proposal have been the LA proposal, the LA fans would love it.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California doesn't need another freaken team :gaah:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jacobarch, I mentioned some of your points in an OP on one of these threads. You are correct. When you look at that design, it is pretty lame. Which begs the question, why the city waited this long to bring their plans to Kroneke? They knew the lease was up after the 2014 season yet nothing was done until now. Seriously?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew the answer to that question retro... the city leaders obviously took for granted that Kroenke was a man of his word and would keep the team here like he said he would when he took over ownership.
While I am not sure if it will be enough to actually keep them from moving, I think it gums up the process a little bit to where the Rams at least not be a lame duck in 2015. They may formally announce things after the 2015 season, but who knows. Again, I just want a decision. I will still be a Rams fan regardless.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Commish, Kroneke seems to have a 90-day memory and I remember that promise he made to the city when he took over as the owner of the Rams. Funny how the lure of major cash affects one's memory.

Alternatively, Peacock talks like he and the city own the Rams. Perhaps he and the city, being caught in a CYA scheme, might check their facts. Kroneke is still the owner and Peacock talks as though he has rights to the Rams. WTH?

Peacock also mentioned that they were actively pursuing a soccer franchise. I think that is the true direction the city is headed. Kroneke is moving no matter what the city does in the next couple of weeks/months. There is just tto much money at stake for Kroneke to stay.

BTW, that design down by the riverfront is just asking for a flood. How many times does that river flood say in the last two decades?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peacock also mentioned that they were actively pursuing a soccer franchise. I think that is the true direction the city is headed. Kroneke is moving no matter what the city does in the next couple of weeks/months. There is just tto much money at stake for Kroneke to stay.

If you really think that is where things are heading (which I do as well) then Kroenke is staying right here. He WANTS an MLS franchise probably more than he wants to have a stadium in LA. MLS already told him no more LA MLS teams, so this could be the tipping point. Again, we shall see how it plays out.
By the way, the rumblings here are that if Kroenke does not agree to the St Louis proposal that Peacock,Blitz and group of about a dozen St Louis investors are prepared to work (whether with Kroenke or not) to buy the team from Kroenke. That is where his confidence comes from. Like I said, this chess match is far from over. If the Rams do not pull a Baltimore Colts and leave in the middle of the night in the next few weeks, they will be here for at least 2 years while Kroenke and the NFL fight it out in court.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the NFL would never take an unauthorized Rams franchise LA move to court.

That said, I believe Stan has the backing of an LA move by the NFL in private already.

IMO, his diligence in his actions alone suggest that.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the NFL would never take an unauthorized Rams franchise LA move to court.

They do not have to Vita. You have it backwards. They absolutely have the power to block him and HE must take the NFL to court. They indeed have the power to punish him if he does not abide the rules set forth by the league in regards to relocation. At the end of the day, what I think will indeed happen as to not be messy is we will have a 2015 season in St Louis and at the end of next season, the NFL and Kroenke will announce the relocation of the Rams to LA. If Kroenke thinks he is above the rules, he will surely get penalized and if he gets penalized, it will only hurt the team in the long run (aka removal of draft picks, fines which will make Kroenke not want to spend on free agents etc).
The best think Kroenke can do now is exactly what he has done for years, STAY SILENT. He is going to get what he wants one way or the other.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commish, this is really the crux of the matter. Does Peacock and the city want to fight Kroneke in court for the right to purchase a franchuise that is not officially for sale? And if they do and Kroneke wants a soccer team, it would make no sense to be fighting that kind of ridiculous battle. No one wins on that one except the lawyers.

If Kroneke does not pull a Irsay Colts and leave in the dead of night, which he can right now because the lease has expired, then I believe he'll move on the scenario Vita has outlined.