• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers pregame

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense cannot overcome 3rd and longs consistently. During our winning streak, we always found ourselves in 3rd and short situations. The playbook is wide open. But between sacks, and stupid penalties (and a few bad calls) this game, we were constantly in situations where it was obvious what we had to do. The giants were doubling Terry almost every play. So someone else had to step up (Logan???).
The Skins offense has been pretty lucky during the winning streak. Taylor's had what? 7 or 8, maybe more easy INTs that have been dropped.

I think Dotson has stepped up when he's been given the chance the last couple weeks and so has Samuel who made some big plays the last couple weeks as well. The problem as I see it with the Skins offense is this. The offensive strength of the team is in its WR corp. Unfortunately the weakest links in the offense are 1) OL pass blocking and 2) passing. That's a bad combination.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins offense has been pretty lucky during the winning streak. Taylor's had what? 7 or 8, maybe more easy INTs that have been dropped.

I think Dotson has stepped up when he's been given the chance the last couple weeks and so has Samuel who made some big plays the last couple weeks as well. The problem as I see it with the Skins offense is this. The offensive strength of the team is in its WR corp. Unfortunately the weakest links in the offense are 1) OL pass blocking and 2) passing. That's a bad combination.
Exactly. Dotson has stepped up when given a chance.. unfortunately most of the time, he is open downfield 20+yards. Tough throw for our qb. Usually sails it. Not even sure he can see the wr open at that distance. Especially if he has stayed in the pocket and it’s collapsing around him….I’ve been harping on this for games now. Get Taylor in space and let him play. He is not effective in the pocket for a variety of reasons.
if you insist on calling plays that require him to be in the pocket , you might as well put Carson in. He at least has a chance to to complete These longer throws.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It produced no pressure on Jones at all. Which allowed Jones to complete 10 of 12 passes for 91 yards and 6 first downs including an 11 yard pass on 4th n 9 during their 18 play 97 yard drive that took up 8 minutes n 35 seconds on the clock.

And on NY's last drive with the Giants at their own 14 yard line and 6 minutes left in the game. The Skins defense gave up consecutive runs of 12 yards, 15 yards, 14 yards to Barkley all of which were 1st downs. Then 3 yards to Barkley and 7 yards to Jones for another 1st dn. Before holding the Giants to 4 yards on their next 3 plays. It was enough of a drive to force the Skins to use their 1st timeout, put Gano in position to make a 50 yard FG and take 4 minutes n 5 seconds of the clock.
How many points did the defense give up? How many points did the offense no get/or give up.

Really my post was about why they played zone.

When you give up 13 points you are supposed to win the game. Every team is going to give up a drive or two. It is part of the game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points did the defense give up? How many points did the offense no get/or give up.

Really my post was about why they played zone.

When you give up 13 points you are supposed to win the game. Every team is going to give up a drive or two. It is part of the game.
So you were OK with that 18 play 97 yard 8+minute drive that featured 10 comp on 12 pass att fpr 91 yards n 6 first downs including converting a 4th n 9 into a 1st dn. As well as the Giants running the ball down the throat of the middle of the Skins defense for 3 straight 1st downs and milking 4+ minutes of the 6 minutes in the game ending in a FG.

When the other defense only gives up 12 points and scores 6 giving up 13 is too much.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio guy that is a San Fran fan said can't run on them but they will give up a big pass or two.
That's true. Niner run defense is #1, but IIRC Seattle still got 4ypc out of Walker--they just quit running the ball. I expect Washington to stick to the run even if it's not working early ala the Philly game and try to grind it out and take some shots off of play action.

but the 9er secondary seems to blow at least one coverage per game and give up a deep throw big play (Hufunga gets too aggressive). And you can count on the Niners rushers to get hit with 1 roughing the passer call and the secondary to get called for DPI and holding a few times (unless they're the blind refs ya'll had in the NYG game).

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen SF's defense is smart and aggressive. They will challenge our WRs. And if they read something they will attack it. That jet sweep, 4 yard check downs and Taylor's passsing is gonna lead to Skins players getting blasted and turnovers.

So you were OK with that 18 play 97 yard 8+minute drive that featured 10 comp on 12 pass att fpr 91 yards n 6 first downs including converting a 4th n 9 into a 1st dn. As well as the Giants running the ball down the throat of the middle of the Skins defense for 3 straight 1st downs and milking 4+ minutes of the 6 minutes in the game ending in a FG.

When the other defense only gives up 12 points and scores 6 giving up 13 is too much.
It is part of the game. No one is going to shut the other team out al the time. The end result was the defense gave up 13 points, good enough to win.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is part of the game. No one is going to shut the other team out al the time. The end result was the defense gave up 13 points, good enough to win.
like all things thats part of the story , you have to get off the field when we need it no matter how many points they gave up especially when you know its coming . you know what type of offense you have

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really other than time of possession what difference is there between a 1 play drive for TD or an 18 play drive.

They had time to score, they were inside the 10 twice and came away with 3 points. IMO that was the larger problem. Not to mention RR chases points so they ended up without an extra point.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough to win usually, Unfortunately it wasn't Sunday night. In large part because the Giants defense outplayed the Skins defense.