• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIV vs PGA

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Johnson, Cam Smith, Brooks Koepka, Henrik Stenson, Louis Oosthuizen, Patrick Reed, Sergio Garcia , some of the greats of the game to name a few and all the other young stars who play on this tour. Just wait til Cantlay, Schauffele and Hovland sign in January. It will really take off.
To name a few? That's where the list ends and it's laughable.

Yes...if LIV lands the players you mentioned...it would be a different story. They've landed one guy so far that is considered a loss for the PGA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To name a few? That's where the list ends and it's laughable.

Yes...if LIV lands the players you mentioned...it would be a different story. They've landed one guy so far that is considered a loss for the PGA.
Bullshit. No one on tour is better than Smith or Johnson and no one is more popular than DeChambeau. if what we saw in Bermuda is what the PGA has become, I say "no thanks". Talk about laughable.....

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. No one on tour is better than Smith or Johnson and no one is more popular than DeChambeau. if what we saw in Bermuda is what the PGA has become, I say "no thanks". Talk about laughable.....
You have an unrealistic opinion of DJ. Bryson is the most annoying player on the planet. Cam is the only big fish.

You know Bermuda is an outlier. This is the end of the wrap around anyway.

Listen...I don't mind if LIV makes it. I just don't think it will survive. It certainly hasn't affected my interest in the PGA tour at all. It's actually enhanced it a bit. I've enjoyed the increased exposure to many of the young guns.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an unrealistic opinion of DJ. Bryson is the most annoying player on the planet. Cam is the only big fish.

You know Bermuda is an outlier. This is the end of the wrap around anyway.

Listen...I don't mind if LIV makes it. I just don't think it will survive. It certainly hasn't affected my interest in the PGA tour at all. It's actually enhanced it a bit. I've enjoyed the increased exposure to many of the young guns.
I'm worried that it won't either. The 48-player business model does not provide for expansion which they will need to compete with the competition killing monster that is the PGA. I'm rooting for them though. The product is so much more exciting and interesting than the PGA.

I'm the opposite of you though. The constant barrage of propaganda and vitriol thrown at the LIV by Monahan and his lackey McIlroy have really soured me on the PGA

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Now the Masters needs to speak up. It is my favorite sporting event to watch but if they don't allow past champs who are now playing in the LIV to play simply because they play LIV then I'll no longer watch the Masters.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Tiger Woods

• Boring
Reactions: ill

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Alan Shipnuck of the Fire Pit Collective earlier this year, Mickelson said: “They are already sitting on an $800 million cash stockpile. How do you think they’re funding the PIP? Or investing $200 million in the European Tour? The Tour is supposed to be a nonprofit that distributes money to charity. How the (hell) is it legal for them to have that much cash on hand? The answer is, it’s not.”

Phil needs to stop talking about things he has no clue about. There are many non-profits that are not charitable organizations (501 c3). The PGA is a business league (501 c6). The PGA Foundation is a charitable organization.

This is the mission of the PGA:

The mission of The PGA of America is to promote enjoyment and involvement in golf among the general public, as well as to contribute to the sport’s growth by providing services to golf Professionals and the industry. The PGA seeks to accomplish this mission by enhancing the skills of PGA Professionals and expanding playing opportunities for the general public, employers and manufacturers. Through these efforts, The PGA elevates the standards of The PGA Professional’s vocation, enhances the economic well-being of the individual PGA member, stimulates interest in the game of golf and promotes the overall vitality of the game.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Alan Shipnuck of the Fire Pit Collective earlier this year, Mickelson said: “They are already sitting on an $800 million cash stockpile. How do you think they’re funding the PIP? Or investing $200 million in the European Tour? The Tour is supposed to be a nonprofit that distributes money to charity. How the (hell) is it legal for them to have that much cash on hand? The answer is, it’s not.”

Phil needs to stop talking about things he has no clue about. There are many non-profits that are not charitable organizations (501 c3). The PGA is a business league (501 c6). The PGA Foundation is a charitable organization.

The mission of The PGA of America is to promote enjoyment and involvement in golf among the general public, as well as to contribute to the sport’s growth by providing services to golf Professionals and the industry. The PGA seeks to accomplish this mission by enhancing the skills of PGA Professionals and expanding playing opportunities for the general public, employers and manufacturers. Through these efforts, The PGA elevates the standards of The PGA Professional’s vocation, enhances the economic well-being of the individual PGA member, stimulates interest in the game of golf and promotes the overall vitality of the game.
he thinks the PGA Tour is a non-profit?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Phil doesn't understand how non-profits work.

It is a non-profit.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different kinds of non-profits. The PGA is a non-profit, but it's not a charitable organization.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different kinds of non-profits. The PGA is a non-profit, but it's not a charitable organization.
so similar to how the NFL was non-profit a few years ago?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time that BOTH sides should just STFU and drop it!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time that BOTH sides should just STFU and drop it!
I'm a big Rory fan but you have to ask the question ..is the World Golf Rankings still a legitimate ranking system?
Would Rory be #1 had Cam Smith not gone over to LIV?

This war has undermined everything. The PGA Tour and it's friends in the Media decided to go scorched earth as the response to LIV Golf.
That approach has been a miserable failure. In my eyes the PGA Tour's choice to ban players is and was the cause of it all.

I hate the fact that Rory took the lead and is doing all the heavy lifting for that asshole Jay Monahan.
Rory could have been the Bridge to both sides in this but decided to burn bridges instead.

Yea, I really wish Rory would just shut up and stop making things worse.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Rory fan but you have to ask the question ..is the World Golf Rankings still a legitimate ranking system?
Would Rory be #1 had Cam Smith not gone over to LIV?

This war has undermined everything. The PGA Tour and it's friends in the Media decided to go scorched earth as the response to LIV Golf.
That approach has been a miserable failure. In my eyes the PGA Tour's choice to ban players is and was the cause of it all.

I hate the fact that Rory took the lead and is doing all the heavy lifting for that asshole Jay Monahan.
Rory could have been the Bridge to both sides in this but decided to burn bridges instead.

Yea, I really wish Rory would just shut up and stop making things worse.

You don't hear players bitching about the European tour, or any other tour.. Just be quiet. These are big boys who made a decision to play for more money.

but yeah, Rory probably could have shut down this whole mess with a press conference but chose his side and is going with it

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we should hate the LIV golfers for taking Saudi money, but hey its ok for Biden and the U.S. government to grant immunity to the Saudi crown prince for Kashoggi's murder. Now do you see how ridiculous you LIV haters are?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hear players bitching about the European tour, or any other tour.. Just be quiet. These are big boys who made a decision to play for more money.

but yeah, Rory probably could have shut down this whole mess with a press conference but chose his side and is going with it
McIlroy is a piece of shit. he just took appearance money to play in a Saudi sponsored event.