• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIV vs PGA

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of LIV golf is the TV announcers where you don't have to listen to the bull of when a player makes a shot as it's compared to a Tiger Woods shot from 20 years ago, let alone the constant doting on Woods. Also the TV coverage of trying to show as many different players making shots compared to just sticking to the leaders makes it a little more interesting to watch. The coverage still has flaws but is entertaining
I agree. They are getting better and the fans are coming out in droves. They are making a golf tournament be a fun thing again instead of a funeral.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They are getting better and the fans are coming out in droves. They are making a golf tournament be a fun thing again instead of a funeral.
The LIV Golf crowds at events are still sparse despite tickets being exceedingly cheap on the secondary ticket market. The attendance, which LIV Golf does not announce, is roughly one-fourth of what would be expected for a PGA Tour event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/04/sports/golf/liv-golf-pga-tour-boston.html

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LIV Golf crowds at events are still sparse despite tickets being exceedingly cheap on the secondary ticket market. The attendance, which LIV Golf does not announce, is roughly one-fourth of what would be expected for a PGA Tour event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/04/sports/golf/liv-golf-pga-tour-boston.html

Fewer than 1,000 people were concurrently watching the Facebook Live feed for much of the first two rounds this weekend, while LIV Golf’s YouTube channel was at or above 60,000 viewers for much of Saturday’s second round. On the course, there were far fewer people. Event officials didn’t announce attendance, though most estimates suggested only a few thousand spectators. Tickets sold for $75 per day but could be had on the secondary market for $1 apiece (plus $5.05 in fees via StubHub)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fewer than 1,000 people were concurrently watching the Facebook Live feed for much of the first two rounds this weekend, while LIV Golf’s YouTube channel was at or above 60,000 viewers for much of Saturday’s second round. On the course, there were far fewer people. Event officials didn’t announce attendance, though most estimates suggested only a few thousand spectators. Tickets sold for $75 per day but could be had on the secondary market for $1 apiece (plus $5.05 in fees via StubHub)
PGA propaganda. I was there. It was packed and louder than I've ever heard a crowd on the PGA Tour (Except the Masters). So many women there too. It was amazing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a foolish thing for Dahmen to say. Makes him look petty. And the headline calling Dahmen a "star" is laughable.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PGA propaganda. I was there. It was packed and louder than I've ever heard a crowd on the PGA Tour (Except the Masters). So many women there too. It was amazing.
From the article you literally just posted....

Dahmen’s comments come as LIV golf struggled for viewership, with only 17,000 people tuning in during the latest event on their circuit’s YouTube channel. Each tournament throughout the series was streamed on YouTube after Greg Norman and co were unable to agree a TV deal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article you literally just posted....

Dahmen’s comments come as LIV golf struggled for viewership, with only 17,000 people tuning in during the latest event on their circuit’s YouTube channel. Each tournament throughout the series was streamed on YouTube after Greg Norman and co were unable to agree a TV deal.
I couldn’t care less about tv. Boston was packed and we had a blast. Anyone who was there will probably tell you the same thing. If nothing else,they sure have forced some huge changes on the PGA and that benefits the players. Those panic induced changes may be short sighted but that would be no surprise given the history of the pga tour

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with your obsession about how many women are at a golf tournament? I also have absolutely no problem with how loud a crowd is at a PGA event. You think a drunk, rowdy crowd at a golf tournament is what professional golf needs??? That's just weird. I'm guessing you thought that beer cans (and full beers) being thrown all over the 16th hole at Scottsdale last season was funny. Enjoy your 2 years of LIV. It's all you got.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t care less about tv. Boston was packed and we had a blast. Anyone who was there will probably tell you the same thing. If nothing else,they sure have forced some huge changes on the PGA and that benefits the players. Those panic induced changes may be short sighted but that would be no surprise given the history of the pga tour
- takes offense with me referencing viewership -
- says he doesn’t care about viewership -

Checks out.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with your obsession about how many women are at a golf tournament? I also have absolutely no problem with how loud a crowd is at a PGA event. You think a drunk, rowdy crowd at a golf tournament is what professional golf needs??? That's just weird. I'm guessing you thought that beer cans (and full beers) being thrown all over the 16th hole at Scottsdale last season was funny. Enjoy your 2 years of LIV. It's all you got.
the "women at the tournament" thing is extremely weird.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I just love women. LOL! are you saying they aren't drunk and stupid at the PGA. "Get in the hole", "baba booey" and all that other nonsense. You won't see that beer can nonsense on LIV because they got women there, not a bunch of drunken buffoon dudes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- takes offense with me referencing viewership -
- says he doesn’t care about viewership -

Checks out.
I take offense at your ignorance as I take offense at all ignorance, but that's about it as far as you're concerned

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem. Their format by design restricts entry. So unless guys leave it, all new up and coming golfers will be going to the PGA Tour while the LIV guys get older and less and less relevant. It's not a sustainable model. Especially as they go longer and longer without world ranking points.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lie. Chicago was packed. I was there

Huge crowd in Boston but it was like a ghost town in the event in Saudi Arabia this week. Of course it was 125 degrees out there.

Sorry PGA, I was there in Boston' It was packed and a frickin blast!

Lol! A Trumper's world of alternate facts.

"No way Biden got that many votes. None of my friends voted for him."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! A Trumper's world of alternate facts.

"No way Biden got that many votes. None of my friends voted for him."
I see I said I was there in Chicago; I wasn’t. It was Boston Best tournament I’ve ever been to except the Masters. No matter how desperate the PGA is LIV is here to stay and wait til you see who is joining next year

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see I said I was there in Chicago; I wasn’t. It was Boston Best tournament I’ve ever been to except the Masters. No matter how desperate the PGA is LIV is here to stay and wait til you see who is joining next year
I get Boston and Chicago mixed up all the time too...