• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIV vs PGA Major Challenge

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we approach The Masters, I think it would be fun to have a defacto LIV vs PGA Tour Challenge.

So I'll plan on tracking whatever number of LIV golfers play vs the top X golfers in the world rankings.

Any thoughts on if we should do raw score or aggregate points for finish position?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we start with the Masters. @Montalban can pick his top 5 (or how many he wants). We all can pick our top however many and we see how many Montalban's team beats.

I think we tally finish position and lowest score wins. Maybe we have a bonus for the winner (if picked). An addiitional subtraction.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we approach The Masters, I think it would be fun to have a defacto LIV vs PGA Tour Challenge.

So I'll plan on tracking whatever number of LIV golfers play vs the top X golfers in the world rankings.

Any thoughts on if we should do raw score or aggregate points for finish position?
My understanding is that 17 LIV players have qualified for the Masters and there is nothing the PGA can do about it. Other top pros who should be there but have been banned by the PGA won't be but that is another topic.

But the odds against a LIV player winning are not as long as they seem with such a small amount of LIV players. There will be 80 players in the tournament and I'd say we can knock at least 50 of them off the list as possible winners. These players simply do not have what it takes to win the biggest tournament in the world. Then we've got top amateurs who qualified and ancient past champions; they can't win either.

Since just about all the LIV players in the Masters have proven that they can win a Major, including the Masters and many are multiple Major winners, that increases the odds. I actually believe more LIV players could win the tournament than PGA players. It would be so awesome for golf if a LIV player wins. There will be so much more publicity for golf in general and could lead to a LIV-PGA team event like the Ryder Cup. I liken it to when the AFL won two consecutive Super Bowls back in 69/70 which catapulted the AFL to the level of the NFL and led to a merger between the two. I think there would be a ton of fan interest for that

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that 17 LIV players have qualified for the Masters and there is nothing the PGA can do about it. Other top pros who should be there but have been banned by the PGA won't be but that is another topic.

But the odds against a LIV player winning are not as long as they seem with such a small amount of LIV players. There will be 80 players in the tournament and I'd say we can knock at least 50 of them off the list as possible winners. These players simply do not have what it takes to win the biggest tournament in the world. Then we've got top amateurs who qualified and ancient past champions; they can't win either.

Since just about all the LIV players in the Masters have proven that they can win a Major, including the Masters and many are multiple Major winners, that increases the odds. I actually believe more LIV players could win the tournament than PGA players. It would be so awesome for golf if a LIV player wins. There will be so much more publicity for golf in general and could lead to a LIV-PGA team event like the Ryder Cup. I liken it to when the AFL won two consecutive Super Bowls back in 69/70 which catapulted the AFL to the level of the NFL and led to a merger between the two. I think there would be a ton of fan interest for that
Se we take the top 17 ranked PGA players vs the 17 LIV players.

We can do raw cumulative score and points for finish.

25 for a win
10 for a top 5
5 for a top 10
1 for a top 25

Sound good?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

25 for a win
10 for a top 5
5 for a top 10
1 for a top 25

Sound good?
Yes. It should be interesting. This is what will make the Majors so much more interesting than tournaments on all other tours. CBS will have a field day

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just post your top 5 LIV team nutjob.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

25 for a win
10 for a top 5
5 for a top 10
1 for a top 25

Sound good?
If he wants to go 17 against 17...he's even dumber than I thought.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to go 17 against 17...he's even dumber than I thought.
It's the only truly fair way to do it. And according to him, he's got the edge. So should be interesting.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only truly fair way to do it. And according to him, he's got the edge. So should be interesting.
I'm more interested in who wins but I would be interested to see how many of the top 17 LIV players finish higher than the top 17 PGA Tour players. You only get to count PGA Tour players though. I see maybe 4 guys form the PGA who might win it. I'm discounting McIlroy even though he has the talent to win because he will choke like he always does in the Majors over the last decade. So I won't embarrass you by asking you to pick 17 PGA Tour players unless you want to

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Talor Gooch
  • Dustin Johnson
  • Brooks Koepka
  • Jason Kokrak
  • Phil Mickelson
  • Kevin Na
  • Joaquin Niemann
  • Louis Oosthuizen
  • Thomas Pieters
  • Patrick Reed
  • Charl Schwartzel
  • Cameron Smith
  • Harold Varner
  • Bubba Watson
  • Abraham Anser
  • Sergio Garcia
  • Bryson DeChambeau
I like my chances

LIV golf​

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll update before the tournament. But here are the current line ups with odds to win.

LIVPGA
1​
Cameron Smith 12-1
1​
Scottie Scheffler 10-1
2​
Dustin Johnson 25-1
2​
Jon Rahm 8-1
3​
Brooks Koepka 35-1
3​
Rory McIlroy 7-1
4​
Joaquin Niemann 45-1
4​
Patrick Cantlay 22-1
5​
Bryson DeChambeau 50-1
5​
Max Homa 22-1
6​
Louis Oosthuizen 60-1
6​
Xander Schauffele 18-1
7​
Patrick Reed 65-1
7​
Will Zalatoris 20-1
8​
Abraham Ancer 75-1
8​
Viktor Hovland 26-1
9​
Talor Gooch 90-1
9​
Justin Thomas 16-1
10​
Bubba Watson 100-1
10​
Collin Morikawa 22-1
11​
Sergio Garcia 125-1
11​
Tony Finau 20-1
12​
Thomas Pieters 125-1
12​
Matthew Fitzpatrick 25-1
13​
Kevin Na 150-1
13​
Jordan Spieth 15-1
14​
Jason Kokrak 150-1
14​
Sam Burns 35-1
15​
Harold Varner 150-1
15​
Cameron Young 25-1
16​
Charl Schwartzel 175-1
16​
Tyrrell Hatton 55-1
17​
Phil Mickelson 200-1
17​
Sungjae Im 33-1

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Major winners for the Evil Empire players and 8 for the upstart good guys. I really like my chances.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Major winners for the Evil Empire players and 8 for the upstart good guys. I really like my chances.
Scheff, Rahm, Rory, Collin, JT, Jordan, Fitz = 5 Got it.

BTW...LMFAO at you thinking Phil, Charl, Sergio or Bubba having a shot in hell. If I were you, I'd be happy if 1 of those 4 made the cut.

What a f'ing moron you are.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheff, Rahm, Rory, Collin, JT, Jordan, Fitz = 5 Got it.

BTW...LMFAO at you thinking Phil, Charl, Sergio or Bubba having a shot in hell. If I were you, I'd be happy if 1 of those 4 made the cut.

What a f'ing moron you are.
You can't count McIlroy; he hasn't won a Major in 9 years and he chokes at the Masters. You can't count Morikawa because he is a head case with his putting and putting is absolutely imperative at Augusta. I like Fitzpatrick but let's face it, he is a one hit wonder, he won't win. I think Sheffler has a great opportunity to win and I love Rahm but he cuts the ball. That doesn't work at Augusta, he's out. Jordan Speith? Are you kidding me? he hasn't been relevant for 6 years and I'm sure you saw the Valspar? he did what he always does when the tournament is on the line. Thomas is interesting, can't stand the little hillbilly, but he can play and he is a high ball hitter so he has a decent shot.

But I won't get in a name calling snit with a golf novice like yourself, I will simply try to educate you about the realities of golf in the Majors. Whoever wins it will be quite an accomplishment because it is one of only four events worldwide where the best players in the world will be able to play together.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't count McIlroy; he hasn't won a Major in 9 years and he chokes at the Masters. You can't count Morikawa because he is a head case with his putting and putting is absolutely imperative at Augusta. I like Fitzpatrick but let's face it, he is a one hit wonder, he won't win. I think Sheffler has a great opportunity to win and I love Rahm but he cuts the ball. That doesn't work at Augusta, he's out. Jordan Speith? Are you kidding me? he hasn't been relevant for 6 years and I'm sure you saw the Valspar? he did what he always does when the tournament is on the line. Thomas is interesting, can't stand the little hillbilly, but he can play and he is a high ball hitter so he has a decent shot.

But I won't get in a name calling snit with a golf novice like yourself, I will simply try to educate you about the realities of golf in the Majors. Whoever wins it will be quite an accomplishment because it is one of only four events worldwide where the best players in the world will be able to play together.
Ahh...the ramblings of a troll.

Learn to count ding dong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh...the ramblings of a troll.

Learn to count ding dong.
I'm pretty sure I'll be proven right as far as who I said will not win the Masters. But I am an astute, knowledgeable golfer and you are a novice so you cannot be expected to understand the nuances of the game, much less those of a Major like the Masters. I'll give you a pass on this one.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure I'll be proven right as far as who I said will not win the Masters. But I am an astute, knowledgeable golfer and you are a novice so you cannot be expected to understand the nuances of the game, much less those of a Major like the Masters. I'll give you a pass on this one.
LMFAO. You are going to pick out 5 guys and say they won't win and then call yourself knowledgeable when they don't? Wow...way to go out on a limb you jacknut.

My top five guys would be Scheff, Rahm, Rory, JT and Homa. Pick yours. I guarantee my five kicks the crap out of your five.

The loser can't post on the golf board anymore. You in?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really aren't smart are you?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't feel so bad about your lack of golf knowledge. You are a PGA fan boy so you cannot be expected to understand the nuances of the game. I really don't hold it against you.