• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions shown a little respect?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all do respect how do you think we are better in a manner that isn't the same for every other team in the league? I can only think it's our draft picks that you think make us better.

Well, for starters, our offensive line got better. Our offense will be better also due to another year in the system and of course, THE RETURN OF EBRON. I see more points from this group and I think our RB position will be really good.

Secondly, I don’t think the defense sees too much of a drop-off. I’m not overly concerned about the DT situation at all. Austin should have this group playing well still.

I really can’t see why anyone would think otherwise unless you’re one of the “there’s no hope” types. We got Staff, Megatron and my boy Ebron. We got Ngata, Levy and my boy, Slay.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just the way I am in sports. Im optimistic until I see otherwise. I'm competitive natured in all sports I play and I'd never just lay down and say we're going to lose. I just hope the Lions team hasn't thrown in the towel like most of you seem to have did already.

Screw the schedule. LOL
Fuck yeah screw the schedule! Teams are almost always either not as good as they're supposed to be, or shitty teams from the year before are better than they were supposed to be.

There's too much parity in the NFL to put too awful much stock into schedules this time of year, imo...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just the way I am in sports. Im optimistic until I see otherwise. I'm competitive natured in all sports I play and I'd never just lay down and say we're going to lose. I just hope the Lions team hasn't thrown in the towel like most of you seem to have did already.

Screw the schedule. LOL
If we start out 7-1, what are lessons gonna run me?

Basic level stuff, like Intro To Optimism.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just the way I am in sports. Im optimistic until I see otherwise.

Otherwise has been crashed on your couch, eating up all of your food and paying you no rent for years now. You just don't care.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screw the schedule. LOL

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the draft! Losing suh will definitely transform the defense out of top ten, but they have finally added a legit running game and it could very well offset the drop in defensive production.

If they are 8-8 or better I say it was a successful season given the tough schedule.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the draft! Losing suh will definitely transform the defense out of top ten, but they have finally added a legit running game and it could very well offset the drop in defensive production.

If they are 8-8 or better I say it was a successful season given the tough schedule.

8-8 would be a miracle based on how the O played last year combined with losing Suh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 would be a miracle based on how the O played last year combined with losing Suh.

I would not say miracle. Teams struggle to adapt to a new OC often. I can't claim it was or wasn't that. The talent was not the issue for the most part IMO. The OL is improved, has w much? We'll see soon. Sims and Dom gone should help immensely.

On the Suh departure... I feel there could be fall back in run support. How much is the question? Depends on how the new guys perform. I do realize there is only one Suh in the NFL, with that said. The teams that lead the league in rush defense the last five years never had Suh but once. It takes 11 guys to get that, not one. One thing I saw last season that I did not see in the Schwartz era was gang tackling. Many times that defense smothered the rush game.

Oddly Rob, IMO the pass rush will suffer more without Suh. I feel Ngata will be as good demanding a double team as Suh did on run plays. He is not a good pass rush guy, but has been stout in run support since day one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly Rob, IMO the pass rush will suffer more without Suh. I feel Ngata will be as good demanding a double team as Suh did on run plays. He is not a good pass rush guy, but has been stout in run support since day one.

Let's see how he does without his illegal substances.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how he does without his illegal substances.

You think he has been a PED user his hole career? I don't and sometimes wonder why the good ones do use them? It was not as if he had a huge dropoff and needed the competitive edge.

IMO Rob, Suh definitely was huge part of the defense. One thing you have to understand. Why some slam Levy or any other guy from that defense last year as a product of Suh. Those same guys had to make plays to become a top ranked defense. It is not just because Suh is there, it's because a guy could actually cover or actually make a tackle. I could care less how much better you feel Suh made the defense. Just as Matt can't lose alone. Suh can't have a top ranked defense without a damn good supporting cast and scheme. That was evident his first four years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the stooge police is taking notes? Do I have to turn my T-shirt in now that I had a different opinion than you?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he has been a PED user his hole career? I don't and sometimes wonder why the good ones do use them?

No, but he used them last year and probably did so because his natural abilities are slipping at age 31, ancient for most football players. The Ravens refused to pay him, then dumped him for peanuts for a reason.

The good ones use them because their job is in constant jeapordy, and things like injuries, a bad game, a bad year etc can cause panic in a guy used to being at the top.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason last year our schedule looked brutal. Lions win 11 games and then the schedule was somehow easy. To many changes year to year to judge the schedule. You can pencil in the usual suspects as tough games(likely) but a good portion are still question marks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason last year our schedule looked brutal. Lions win 11 games and then the schedule was somehow easy. To many changes year to year to judge the schedule. You can pencil in the usual suspects as tough games(likely) but a good portion are still question marks.

DUDE. Why are you angry at life, and your dad? Some fan you are. Crazy fucker.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Rolls up in the SportsHoopla Police squad car...)

Flashes lights for Suh comments

(Speeds off towards the rainbow...)

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense will be better also due to another year in the system and of course, THE RETURN OF EBRON.

Where is he returning from? Doesn't he have to appear first, then disappear... In order to return?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he used them last year and probably did so because his natural abilities are slipping at age 31, ancient for most football players. The Ravens refused to pay him, then dumped him for peanuts for a reason.

The good ones use them because their job is in constant jeapordy, and things like injuries, a bad game, a bad year etc can cause panic in a guy used to being at the top.

Dude should be super roided this in this contract year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is he returning from? Doesn't he have to appear first, then disappear... In order to return?

He's returning from the salon where he gets his Mohawk dyed blonde.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the stooge police is taking notes? Do I have to turn my T-shirt in now that I had a different opinion than you?

You blew it. You could have been rocking this T all year:

rainbow_tango_cute_cartoon_lions_t_shirt_tshirt-r28fe2aa6c29a4038a4b348a44ecd9d6b_8nax2_324.jpg

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(Meanwhile, sitting in the SportsHoopla Police squad car..)

"I got a guy down here on the corner that seems confused about when Ebron showed up and when he disappeared so he can return again. I need back-up."

(Taps leg and keeps hand on tazer in case another hater shows up..)