• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions shown a little respect?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the draft and think the team is weaker in 2015 than in 2014. That said, the offense was capable of a lot more in 2014 than they actually accomplished. If Laken turns out like Warford and Abdullah can succeed as a draw-type RB (too small, but he's quick at least) like Indy used to do, and Calvin stays healthy, they can light it up on offense in 2015. They won a few lucky come-from-behind games last year and were lucky to make the playoffs. No reason to expect either good or bad luck in the future, but last year they probably should have been 9-7 or 10-6.

I can see them beating Miami, who still have a shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shittttttttyyyyyy OL. They better hope Brandon Albert comes back 100%.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic. The offense should feel a little more comfortable this year now that they are in year 2 of this coaching staff, and I don't think Detroit's losses on the defensive side of the ball will kill them next year (although I do expect them to drop to around 10th in defense rankings).

The Lions have some rough matchups in the first 4 weeks. Winning in Seattle will be rough. I'm not sure how good Peyton will be this year for Denver (he seem to fade at the end of last year), but he usually is pretty sharp in the first half of the season. 2-2 to start the season.

The next 4 weeks look pretty easy with 4 teams that don't have a decent quarterback on their roster. Detroit should be 6-2 going to the bye week.

The next 4 games has GB twice. I hate to say it but GB should be REALLY good this year. I think they split these 4 games and go into the final quarter of the season with an 8-4 record.

The last 4 games look very winnable for Detroit. We'll see how good SF is without Harbaugh, and NO could exploit the defense if Detroit can't recover from losing Suh and Company. I'm going to be conservative and say they spit the final 4 games and end up 10-6. Which should be good enough to get them a playoff spot.

My HOMER pick is a 10-6 record, with a power ranking in the top 12 teams in the NFL.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how YOU do it. Gobbling up everything this regime puts in front of you. Same fans rooting on Mayhew now are the same exact fans who rooted on Millen back on CBS.

I didn't say what I really wanted to.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IThat said, the offense was capable of a lot more in 2014 than they actually accomplished. If Laken turns out like Warford and Abdullah can succeed as a draw-type RB (too small, but he's quick at least) like Indy used to do, and Calvin stays healthy, they can light it up on offense in 2015.

The Lions were pretty good in Up-Tempo last season even with all the injuries on the O-Line. It's when they slowed the Tempo down that everything unraveled. We can expect a lot of useless yardage regardless of seasons.

They won a few lucky come-from-behind games last year

It sure looked like the Officials held back on a PI call during a two point conversion that could've been a retry for the tie in the game against Atlanta. I bet the Official that called the Delay of Game thought the Lions were going to make it and figured he would move them back 5 more yards to ensure a Falcons victory.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far 4 Lions in the PFF top 101

81. Glover Quin, S, Detroit Lions (Unranked)
Quin continues to be everything the Lions had hoped since they lured him away from Houston. A versatile safety, it’s his excellence in coverage that really helps him stand out where he earned the third-highest coverage grade during the regular season of all safeties. In addition to this his positive in run defense highlight a guy who can do it all.

Best Performance: Week 16, DET @ CHI, +3.5

Key Stat: Seven interceptions were most of all safeties.

77. Rashean Mathis, CB, Detroit Lions (Unranked)
There is a tendency to write aged players with an injury history off. However, Mathis is bucking the trend with his consistently top level play in Detroit. He allowed just 555 yards into his coverage all year as he proved more than up to the test of what was thrown at him. He’s not the player he once was but he has adapted to end an impressive career not the top.

Best Performance: Week 16, DET @ CHI, +4.3

Key Stat: His 0.86 yards per snap in coverage were 10th best among cornerbacks.

65. DeAndre Levy, LB, Detroit Lions (Unranked)
It wasn’t the year in coverage we saw from Levy in 2013 (it was a backward step in that regard), but wow what an effort against the run. He was a force for the Lions as he graded positively in all except two games with his chart requiring sunglasses there was so much bright green (indicating a grade of at least +1.1) on it. Would have been easy for the team to falter when Stephen Tulloch went down, but Levy carried the extra burden exceptionally well.

Best Performance: Week 10, MIA @ DET, +4.0

Key Stat: Of all conventional 4-3 outside linebackers no other had as high a grade against the run.

64. Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions (35th)
Are the days gone when Johnson was cracking the Top 10? While his talent level is never in doubt he’s proven a big target for defenders and missed more time in 2014 than anyone (barring opponents) wants to see. When he is at full health there remains no player who can do what he does, and there were plenty of glimpses of that this year.

Best Performance: Week 13, CHI @ DET, +4.3

Key Stat: Had a positive receiving grade in all but two games.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we just signed Lance Moore!!!! Snatched his high demand ass away from every other Canadian and Arena league team that was after him.

Rumor is Millenhew actually went and visited him at the cell phone accessories kiosk he was running at the local shopping mall to make that deal happen.

Both McDonald's and me are loving it!!!!

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25. Ndamukong Suh, ID, Detroit Lions (17th)
A polarizing figure to some given a perceived dirtiness, there’s no denying that the former Lion is something of an interior wrecking ball and 2014 was a showcase to this. A fearsome pass rusher, Suh has got better year after year with his work in the run game, and by the end of the season had picked up the third-highest grade of all defensive tackles. It’s not hard to see why Miami is so excited to have him on board.

Best Performance: Week 10, MIA @ DET, +6.5

Key Stat: Suh’s 56 quarterback disruptions were the most of all defensive tackles.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key Stat: Suh’s 56 quarterback disruptions were the most of all defensive tackles.

Week 1, reality hits. You don't get better losing something like this.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are already better than last year.
Haven't you said that e'ry year since aboot 1990?

This is where we'll see the Lions starting out with a 7-1, 6-2 or 5-3 record in the first half of the season before taking a nose-dive in the second half and ending with a 7-9 record.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start out 7-1 I'll pay Yao to teach me his nearly unbelievable optimism.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offensively, probably progressed. Defensively, regressed.

Not sure how this translates into already better?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously you haven't stared at the Lions logo enough this off season. It's like one of those special illusion pictures, if you stare long enough you eventually see a Lombardi trophy at the end of a rainbow.

6944444678_38eae7341b_o.png

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we'll see the Lions starting out with a 7-1, 6-2 or 5-3 record in the first half of the season before taking a nose-dive in the second half and ending with a 7-9 record.
Seeing 4 of 5 toughest games are in the first 5 weeks that aint happening. If anything there is a chance it is exactly the opposite. You lose all right to even complain at this point because you obviously do not have a clue.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously that depends on how much the offense has progressed and how much the defense has regressed.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all do respect how do you think we are better in a manner that isn't the same for every other team in the league? I can only think it's our draft picks that you think make us better.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing 4 of 5 toughest games are in the first 5 weeks that aint happening. If anything there is a chance it is exactly the opposite. You lose all right to even complain at this point because you obviously do not have a clue.

:pound:You never know what's gonna happen from week to week, the Lions could get the bounce and the calls. It's only speculation that the Lions couldn't win a handful of games or better during the first half of the season on your part as well. We're talking about the Lions argument doesn't fly (maybe a little more credibility). There hasn't been to many games the Lions got blown out by these so-called tough teams.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:You never know what's gonna happen from week to week, the Lions could get the bounce and the calls. It's only speculation that the Lions couldn't win a handful of games or better during the first half of the season on your part as well. We're talking about the Lions argument doesn't fly (maybe a little more credibility). There hasn't been to many games the Lions got blown out by these so-called tough teams.

OK, that makes more sense. I did not get that from your other post.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start out 7-1 I'll pay Yao to teach me his nearly unbelievable optimism.

Its just the way I am in sports. Im optimistic until I see otherwise. I'm competitive natured in all sports I play and I'd never just lay down and say we're going to lose. I just hope the Lions team hasn't thrown in the towel like most of you seem to have did already.

Screw the schedule. LOL