• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions pick up Tyrunn Walker

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the success of Tapp, GJ, Mosley, and Digs.

Prolly the reason Tate had a career year also.

Also, Suh actually helped Austin design the scheme too. Its a huge loss.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppy cock.

It's always best to write off the team based on moves made in March.

Why just last year the vocal minority hated the free agent moves we made (Tate was waaaay over-paid and James Ihedigbo was a total scrub) and we were going to be looking at a top-5 pick in the draft. And obviously all the naysayers were exactly right, so that means we're in for another shitty year if they don't all approve of the moves we've made (or haven't made).

:whistle:

Careful how you are a smartass TP... Most years the naysayers have been right more than wrong recently. Just remember the season following last playoff birth.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest smartasses are the same people who, last year, were saying that our offense will be fine, we need to sign two all-pro CBs to salvage the defense, and the Lions will finish 7-9 or 8-8.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.......Suh was responsible for Austin's scheme annnnnd, he told Lombardi not to even think about putting a good offense on the field because wins would come only if he was on the field.

The coaches agreed...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest smartasses are the same people who, last year, were saying that our offense will be fine, we need to sign two all-pro CBs to salvage the defense, and the Lions will finish 7-9 or 8-8.

Exactly. I was actually a huge Austin fan from about game 3 of the preseason and was already doubting Lombardi early in the season.

Although to be fair to those naysayers, noone knew for sure what Slay would do last year or if Mathis would hit the wall so the CB concerns were legit.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh also told Mayhew not to draft Donald because he would be back ....and then said "sike" after the draft.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppy cock.

It's always best to write off the team based on moves made in March.

Why just last year the vocal minority hated the free agent moves we made (Tate was waaaay over-paid and James Ihedigbo was a total scrub) and we were going to be looking at a top-5 pick in the draft. And obviously all the naysayers were exactly right, so that means we're in for another shitty year if they don't all approve of the moves we've made (or haven't made).

:whistle:

You tend to make things so black and white after the fact when they were very gray when the original statements were made.

Tate's deal absolutely seemed too high based on his play prior to signing it and against the back drop of an extremely deep WR draft pool. As always we were in salary cap prison and a lot of $ went into his contract. Would drafting a WR and using those funds towards another FA at a different position been a better path? Who knows? Tate played at a level worthy of his contract and we wasted our draft pick on a TE with shitty hands.

Digs proved to be ok. But much like with the WR's there were some good safeties out there, both in the draft and in FA.

Posts like yours after the results are known are easy to put out there. But you would have said nothing if Digs did play like shit or Tate posted Ebron-esqe numbers. Want to make a bet on last years SuperBowl? I'll take the Pats.

Obviously its impossible to know how the season itself will play out but this is a message board, its all about opinions and feelings. Right now its almost impossible to honestly believe that anyone thinks we are a better team than at the end of last season.

I just don't think rehashing and bashing what people thought at the time something happened is right just because it didn't prove to be correct. If we are going to do that then I want to laugh so hard at the guy who when we were on CBS had said that he was fine taking either Jason Smith or A-A-ron Curry. Who the heck was that guy? What an idiot. :think: :whistle:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's cool for the haters to hate, because we don't know what's going to happen yet?

Yet if one of us from the "kool-aid drinkers association" had the nerve, the audacity, to suggest that we're going to go out and do great next season you guys would be up one side of us and down the other, because we don't know what's going to happen yet.

That seems to sum up the double-standard on this board pretty well. Anyone is free to say anything they want, as long as it's nothing positive about the Lions, Lions players, Lions coaches, or any Lions staff in general...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary is off limits. So you can predict whose ACL he takes out this year and nobody can bash him or you.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's cool for the haters to hate, because we don't know what's going to happen yet?

Yet if one of us from the "kool-aid drinkers association" had the nerve, the audacity, to suggest that we're going to go out and do great next season you guys would be up one side of us and down the other, because we don't know what's going to happen yet.

That seems to sum up the double-standard on this board pretty well. Anyone is free to say anything they want, as long as it's nothing positive about the Lions, Lions players, Lions coaches, or any Lions staff in general...

:frusty: Why is everything with you about haters? Is anyone allowed to offer a dissenting opinion on what the Lions do on this board without being a hater?

If its not about the hate its about the double standard. Which one is that by the way? The one where you bash on someone's post and they respond which draws a comeback where you call them a hater or is it the one where you make a post and someone bashes on it exactly the same way that you have done many times before and then call it a double standard?

Honestly man, if its not you its someone else of the eternal optimists complaining that their posts get attacked without provocation and somehow seem to think that they have never done the same thing. :crazy: Do we need to get a fucking scoreboard going here?

It's a two way street but in all honestly I don't recall ever hearing your "haters' club saying that its a double standard. That type of complaining seems reserved for the glass half full posters. It's as if you think a positive statement on the Lions is supposed to be universally accepted. As a result any disagreement is apparently viewed as a hater.

Are the glass half empty guys just supposed to accept that they are going to get bashed? I actually think most of them do. But they aren't calling that a double standard either.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:frusty: Why is everything with you about haters? Is anyone allowed to offer a dissenting opinion on what the Lions do on this board without being a hater?

If its not about the hate its about the double standard. Which one is that by the way? The one where you bash on someone's post and they respond which draws a comeback where you call them a hater or is it the one where you make a post and someone bashes on it exactly the same way that you have done many times before and then call it a double standard?

Honestly man, if its not you its someone else of the eternal optimists complaining that their posts get attacked without provocation and somehow seem to think that they have never done the same thing. :crazy: Do we need to get a fucking scoreboard going here?

It's a two way street but in all honestly I don't recall ever hearing your "haters' club saying that its a double standard. That type of complaining seems reserved for the glass half full posters. It's as if you think a positive statement on the Lions is supposed to be universally accepted. As a result any disagreement is apparently viewed as a hater.

Are the glass half empty guys just supposed to accept that they are going to get bashed? I actually think most of them do. But they aren't calling that a double standard either.

Hater.

Fog 1
The good Dr. 0

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My glass is full today and empty tomorrow. Hate Mayhew for a move, then like one move. I like getting bashed or told my opinion is wrong and why. Makes for a better board. Sometimes I agree and realize maybe, just maybe they're right. It does happen sometimes.

No half shit for me. I either hate or like, nothing in between.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions defense will be middle of the pack this year. It's astonishing how people think switching their entire defensive scheme and losing 3/4ths of their dline on a proven stud defense is going to just pan out. They lost a future HOF dt who may finish as best all time at his position. Suh made everyone on that defense more effective. When defense is middle of pack or worse next year I'm sure you guys will make up some bullshit reason or act like it's still a great defense.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have faith our defense will be a borderline top 10 unit.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions defense will be middle of the pack this year. It's astonishing how people think switching their entire defensive scheme and losing 3/4ths of their dline on a proven stud defense is going to just pan out. They lost a future HOF dt who may finish as best all time at his position. Suh made everyone on that defense more effective. When defense is middle of pack or worse next year I'm sure you guys will make up some bullshit reason or act like it's still a great defense.

Might also want to wait until after this year to sign any defensive players long term.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:violin:

:yawning:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news!

Dolphins trade Suh to the Lions:
Dolphins get the Lions 1st, 2nd and 3rd draft picks in 2015 and a 1st in 2016, along with Tyrunn Walker and coach Austin.
Lions get Suh and a 5th.

After reports came back that fans said Suh is worth an entire franchise and Donald should've been drafted, Mayhew said fuck it and went all in. Today, he spoke to the media and said, "fuck it, we're the clown show and we realized once Suh was out of the building, we had to do whatever it took to get him back because we need those guaranteed six wins."

When the Dolphin's front office was asked what they thought about the trade, they immediately started falling on the floor laughing gor 20 mins straight.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news!

Dolphins trade Suh to the Lions:
Dolphins get the Lions 1st, 2nd and 3rd draft picks in 2015 and a 1st in 2016, along with Tyrunn Walker and coach Austin.
Lions get Suh and a 5th.

After reports came back that fans said Suh is worth an entire franchise and Donald should've been drafted, Mayhew said fuck it and went all in. Today, he spoke to the media and said, "fuck it, we're the clown show and we realized once Suh was out of the building, we had to do whatever it took to get him back because we need those guaranteed six wins."

When the Dolphin's front office was asked what they thought about the trade, they immediately started falling on the floor laughing gor 20 mins straight.
Hahahahaha

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked why did the team pay so much, Mayhew said, " This guy is our hope, our god and you have to sacrifice for a future HOF player. I offered my home, my best shirt and money under the table also but they allowed me to keep them. Thanks god. "