• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions pick up Tyrunn Walker

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions' defensive scheme a perfect fit for Tyrunn Walker

Great article on Walker. He passed up a 3-yr deal with the Patriots to sign with us b/c he liked Austin's scheme and what it means to the d-line.

I read some articles today and he sounds like a good pickup.

My only concern is the Saints could have transition tagged him. They are desperate for defense and let him walk. Not saying he will be a bust but before I get all yeah we got a great steal I will reserve judgement .

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only concern is the Saints could have transition tagged him. They are desperate for defense and let him walk. Not saying he will be a bust but before I get all yeah we got a great steal I will reserve judgement .
Looks like the saints are rebuilding. I wouldn't put to much into the fact the didn't transition him or tender him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I'm not claiming him to be the next great thing, but it was great to see that players love Austin's scheme.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article on Walker. He passed up a 3-yr deal with the Patriots to sign with us b/c he liked Austin's scheme and what it means to the d-line.

Walker wants to pick Haloti Ngata brain whom learned some good stuff from players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs. It's the same reason I thought FA Vince Wilfork from the Patriots would've been great to sign with other young talent and resigning Fairley. For some reason I have a pessimist side for 2016.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With what the Saints are doing this off-season. All bets are off.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be lies. We have nothing to offer free agents now that Suh's gone.

Walker is exactly the kind of FA you can continue to expect to get. No names picked out of other teams dumpster fires.

Some fans are cool w shit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the Lions got nobody w the money saved from Suh.

Told ya.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all those scrubs we signed last year leaving everyone up on arms about our lack of defensive signings. Digs, johnson, mosley, Tapp. All those guys sacked and didn't contribute at all.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all those scrubs we signed last year leaving everyone up on arms about our lack of defensive signings. Digs, johnson, mosley, Tapp. All those guys sacked and didn't contribute at all.
Can't expect much out of another team's trash pile now can you?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what did the Lions win?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a shot in the playoffs. Didn't go far, but you can't make the SB if you don't at least make the playoffs.

Sometimes people aren't satisfied either way. Does every fan want more? Of course. But the season wash't a total failure.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Suh, himself was responsible for 6 of those wins so....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 games. Been a while since we did that well...

And a playoff loss.

The Lions do not go further without roster upgrades. They narrowed the gap with Green Bay but have not upgraded the roster anywhere this offseason. If anything they suffered a setback for the defense in what they have loss on the D-LIne.

And for the people that want to say wait for the draft every team gets to draft and the Lions start minus two picks in the 4th and 5th.

11 wins looks good on paper but we still couldn't get by Green Bay when it counted.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a playoff loss.

The Lions do not go further without roster upgrades. They narrowed the gap with Green Bay but have not upgraded the roster anywhere this offseason. If anything they suffered a setback for the defense in what they have loss on the D-LIne.

And for the people that want to say wait for the draft every team gets to draft and the Lions start minus two picks in the 4th and 5th.

11 wins looks good on paper but we still couldn't get by Green Bay when it counted.
Continuity.

We may not have added a ton of players, or "upgraded" as many have used, but this D and O now will have another year of playing in the same system and with the same coaches. That can be bigger than adding players. And it's obvious the defense has bought into Austin's system. We added Walker based solely on said system. And yes, our offense(atleast the majority of it) will also have had another year to learn the plays. It was well documented that the system may have been a bit too complex. Well, time and practice can help solve that.

I'm not writing off success of this team just bc we haven't added many players. But that's my opinion. I'll write em off once I see a cause for concern.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuity.

We may not have added a ton of players, or "upgraded" as many have used, but this D and O now will have another year of playing in the same system and with the same coaches. That can be bigger than adding players. And it's obvious the defense has bought into Austin's system. We added Walker based solely on said system. And yes, our offense(atleast the majority of it) will also have had another year to learn the plays. It was well documented that the system may have been a bit too complex. Well, time and practice can help solve that.

I'm not writing off success of this team just bc we haven't added many players. But that's my opinion. I'll write em off once I see a cause for concern.
Poppy cock.

It's always best to write off the team based on moves made in March.

Why just last year the vocal minority hated the free agent moves we made (Tate was waaaay over-paid and James Ihedigbo was a total scrub) and we were going to be looking at a top-5 pick in the draft. And obviously all the naysayers were exactly right, so that means we're in for another shitty year if they don't all approve of the moves we've made (or haven't made).

:whistle: