• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We may have to see how PFF ranks them?

Even then I do not look at one year of stats to base my opinions. Suh leads those categories you keep speaking of when added up over a five year span. However he does not lead all them categories every year. Sometimes players have better stat lines year to year and does not mean Fairley is better because he had more sacks one season.

Not to defend Stafford here. I take what B/R spews out very lightly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying Vikes > Lions keeps you up at night?
I do not usually lose any sleep over sports. Vikes will be tougher this year. I can see a split for sure. I might need some Zzzquil now that you brought this up to the attention of my frontal lobe.
A lack of drugs and alcohol keeps me up at night.

But while Im up at night, I think aboot whatMinnesotta will get for AP. And that scares me almost to the point I want to start a thread titled, "Vikings young as fuck, 'bout to load up on picks, ready to beat our ass, somebody lie to me and tell me e'rything is alright"

But that's too long.

One shining moments on!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear of the sleepless nights.

I called Casey Kasem... Told you to keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. Then sent out a long distance dedication.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear of the sleepless nights.

I called Casey Kasem... Told you to keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. Then sent out a long distance dedication.

When I asked for somebody to lie to me..... never thought The Whalers would be involved.

Now I'm gonna be Iron, like a Lion, in Zion.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do please tell me how the Dolphins offense got better this offseason? I can't wait to hear this.

Kenny Stills > Mike Wallace
Jordan Cameron > Charles Clay

2nd year in offense

QB entering 4th year has progressed and improved significantly each year he's been in the league

Same with 24 year old RB coming off a 1,000 yard season averiging 5.1 ypc

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd year in offense

QB entering 4th year has progressed and improved significantly each year he's been in the league

Quit making thngs up just rile the masses. (I agree with everything you wrote.)

Plus theyre another year removed from that weird gay breakup on the offensive line. That has to help.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins gained Kenny Stills and Jordan Cameron while losing Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, and Hartline. That's an upgrade. Stills is Wallace with better hands.

The Bills got McCoy, Jets got Revis, and Dolphins got Suh. Not exactly enough of a difference to claim Bills and Jets trending upwards and Fins downwards(or same), especially considering the Fins have a HUGE edge in QB and are not entering rebuilding schemes with new coaches.
How is that an upgrade?

Stills is probably better than Wallace, or at least a better fit, but Cameron is better than Clay? C'mon now- the dude is a rough sneeze away from his next concussion. Basically he has one awesome year, but it looks like that's going to be the only one of those he produces. And Hartline is better than his replacement, since they really didn't replace him.

Definitely not an upgrade, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said offense down, defense up. That equals neutral at best.

Gets your eyes checked, Avapro is a good blood pressure medicine, and stop masturbating to the Suh FatHead on your wall (you will go blind).

He's one player, no more. 11 on each side of the ball.
That was when he was a Lion. The second we let him get away he became the single greatest NFL player ever of all time and the greatest human being to ever walk the planet. He's so good now that the Dolphins average roster is now the best in the league and any scrub player these guys bring up on the Dolphins instantly gets a 10 point bump in their Madden rankings- which is super-important, because that's where these guys get their player ranking info- Madden and Fantasy Football...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd year in offense

Jordan Cameron had one good year, and two injury plagued seasons. Charles Clay has had a steady 3-year career and only missed a handful of games.

Last season Wallace had a drop rate of 3.5% compared to Stills' 4.8%. In 2013, Wallace had a drop rate of 2.1% compared to Stills' 4.0%.

Even with those drop rates, I don't put Stills that far behind Wallace, but he's certainly no upgrade. And in '13 Cameron had a huge first 5-6 games then flamed out for the most part the rest of the season. He is definitely no upgrade over Clay, especially if you want him to last an entire season.

Miller is tbd imo. He had a solid year last year and is only 23. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as I think if he stays healthy he'll be a solid back for his career.

Tannehill is progressing for sure, but that progression doesn't give them an advantage over Stafford imo. Stafford isn't done progressing either. We witnessed last year what happens when he doesn't take so many chances. Learning when to take chances will be another important step in his progression.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions offense is still better, IMO.

Calvin>Landry
Tate>Stills
Ebron, Pettigrew> Cameron (yep I said it)
Bell= Miller
Stafford> Tannehill
Det Oline= Miami Oline

I’m probably the only one here that thinks the offense will improve this year. It will be the second year in the offense and I think everyone will have a better grasp at what’s going on, especially guys like Ebron and the guys up front. If the Lions can get any of the top RBs, I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t improve there. While Miami’s offense is respectable, I still think the Lions have the edge there.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was when he was a Lion. The second we let him get away he became the single greatest NFL player ever of all time and the greatest human being to ever walk the planet. He's so good now that the Dolphins average roster is now the best in the league and any scrub player these guys bring up on the Dolphins instantly gets a 10 point bump in their Madden rankings- which is super-important, because that's where these guys get their player ranking info- Madden and Fantasy Football...

I find this funny at times but very confusing. I can't believe how losing Suh has some fans reacting. Not just here, but other boards too. I understand that people have favorite players but I never realized how serious it gets. We're not even talking about a QB, we're talking about a DT. LOL.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd year in offense

Uhmm, how about NO. Let's see how Stills does with Ryan Tannehill throwing to him instead of Drew Brees and against #1 coverage. He was no pro bowler playing on the league's #1 passing offense with a HOF QB throwing to him and he doesn't have that luxury any more now does he? I do believe it was a post from you not long ago pointing out that Wallace had 10 td's. BTW, Stills had 3 in a much better passing offense.

:L Not only is he not a better player he is the second coming of Jahvid Best. He can't help if he isn't on the field and even if he is he still isn't as good as Clay.

Thanks for that piece of worthless trivia. Not sure how that applies to my question (that was directed to someone else that you decided to answer) but aren't the Lions also entering their 2nd year in a new offense?

Did I miss the Dolphins in the playoffs? Maybe I did. BTW, Stafford got better in each of his first three years as well despite the injury time. "Significantly" is your opinion. The Dolphins record does not appear to agree with you.

Thank you for the additional worthless trivia nugget there that also has nothing to do with the question I ask. On top of that, he wasn't an offseason addition. After being forced into action by injury he had a solid year. He wasn't even a starter prior to that. Why not? Or If that 5.1 ypc average is truly indicative of his talent as a RB I suspect he will be pushing for the league lead in carries right? Why didn't that happen with him last year?

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it but Suh doesn't play offense, although maybe he should since he appears to be Superman to some on this board. I don't think you can say your offense got better when 15 of your 27 receiving TD's and half your receiving yards aren't on the team any more. But they were replaced with a guy who needs to go through the concussion protocol after he snaps his chinstrap and another guy with overblown stats from the leagues top passing offense who will now face a much higher level of competition with a much lower level of supporting QB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different day, same posters confused about the same shit.

Let them be confused.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different day, same posters crying about the same shit.

I say let them cry.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can-of-worms.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash