• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as much as I'm having fun shitting on the Dolphins for being an inferior team who has to throw record deals at free agents in order to be relevant for a minute, I'd take Dion Jordan off their hands for the right price. Not sure what that price would be, probably wouldn't give up more than a 4th or 5th for him, given what he's shown thus far in his career, but he's got a lot of untapped potential still, too, imo. Getting him some work with Washburn and letting Austin figure out when and how to use him could be worth the investment...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the fuck would I bet with some on that talks like you do? What are you trying to prove? That youre a man?

An honest man, a man of his word, yes. You're only as good as your word.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as much as I'm having fun shitting on the Dolphins for being an inferior team who has to throw record deals at free agents

Just wait until the season starts. Just wait.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already seeing Patriots taking the Division followed by the Bills, then Jets and then guess who? The Dolphins are bottom feeders in their Division according to them.

Hard to argue the Pats winning the East. Dolphins last? Name your bet. :-)

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you were just exagerrating, but there is no way the Dolphins finish last in their division. Not even a slight chance.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you were just exagerrating, but there is no way the Dolphins finish last in their division. Not even a slight chance.

an early season ending injury to Tannehill and an OL or two could debunk that ? :noidea:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NYJ got better this off-season from a defensive standpoint, but dang their offense is suspect, IMO.

right now, I see the JETS as that division cellar dweller.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good defenses in the AFCE. Alllllllll comes down to the QB. I know the Tannehill hate it Jedi level around here, but I seriously doubt anyone really thinks Geno or Matt Cassell/EJ Manuel is better. Let's be serious for minute.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins should be good. They nearly beat the Lions at home last year. Just like the Lions will be in the 2nd year of their new system, so will the Dolphins. Schedules play a major role in team success so even comparing teams doesn't tell the whole story.

The truth is, who cares? Neither team affects the other.

I follow former Utes and hope their teams do well. I can understand people rooting for a favorite players team. To me it doesn't make them less of a fan or a bandwagoner...

I can't believe this thread is still getting so much attention.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good defenses in the AFCE. Alllllllll comes down to the QB. I know the Tannehill hate it Jedi level around here, but I seriously doubt anyone really thinks Geno or Matt Cassell/EJ Manuel is better. Let's be serious for minute.

No way in hell I see the Jets being better than the Dolphins. I could see the Bills battling it out for 2nd in the AFCE. The Bills may not have what any consider a good QB but they didn't last year either. Outside of QB I am curious about system and whether or not their current roster already has the players that fit. The real question i suppose is can they adjust the system for the players like we saw Austin do last year and like we saw Lombardi was unable to do?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how good Cassel and EJ have to be? Bills just may have a top 3 defense. A decent run game from McCoy and not to mention the dump offs to McCoy will help that QB a bunch. I'm looking at the success the Bills had with no major departures except Spiller who was upgraded. Better coach now also.

I am battling over if Miami or Buffalo can overtake the Pats? I do see a possible two WC spots coming from AFCE.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell I see the Jets being better than the Dolphins. I could see the Bills battling it out for 2nd in the AFCE. The Bills may not have what any consider a good QB but they didn't last year either. Outside of QB I am curious about system and whether or not their current roster already has the players that fit. The real question i suppose is can they adjust the system for the players like we saw Austin do last year and like we saw Lombardi was unable to do?

Not sure who Rex brought with him as OC and QB coach? Same guys that had butt fumble help lead them to two AFC title games. Could help a lot. Don't see where Sanchise is that much better than Matt an EJ.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who Rex brought with him as OC and QB coach? Same guys that had butt fumble help lead them to two AFC title games. Could help a lot. Don't see where Sanchise is that much better than Matt an EJ.

Which is exactly my point. They had nothing last year and as far as overall personnel, have improved on paper. Why would their current qb situation change anything? The only thing I see as an unknown is a new scheme.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for the Bills to take a major step forward this year. Pats will be decent again, but not as much of a gap as last year. Agree with Gandy and LP that Phins are better than the Jets. Could even make the playoffs with their cupcake schedule.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could even make the playoffs with their cupcake schedule.

ouch ! RobBase on break. will be here in 30.29.28.27.26. minutes to tell u ??????

just wait Old Lion

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for the Bills to take a major step forward this year. Pats will be decent again, but not as much of a gap as last year. Agree with Gandy and LP that Phins are better than the Jets. Could even make the playoffs with their cupcake schedule.

ouch ! RobBase on break. will be here in 30.29.28.27.26. minutes to tell u ??????

just wait Old Lion

In no way whatsofuckingever defending his position, and at the risk of further upsetting the optimists, but that cupcake schedule is how we made the playoffs on both 2011 and 2014. Sorry, but that's accurate. Doesn't that comma look good there, I invented it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why not? Imo its between them and the Jets. I think the Jets will end up finishing last because they're horrible up and down their roster, but beyond that I think it's pretty safe to bet New England will win the division again, like always, and I think Buffalo finishes 2nd with the roster they've put together. I see Miami finishing 3rd, but like BigBlue said, an injury to Tannehill or Suh (or another Suhspension) could easily lock them into last place in the AFC East...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way whatsofuckingever defending his position, and at the risk of further upsetting the optimists, but that cupcake schedule is how we made the playoffs on both 2011 and 2014. Sorry, but that's accurate. Doesn't that comma look good there, I invented it.

Accurate in your opinion, perhaps. Our "cupcake" schedule last year included the Super Bowl Champion, and two games against the team that would have won the NFC if only they didn't have a TE go AWOL and jump in front of Jordy Nelson on that onside kick... Basically we played two of the best three teams in the league three total times...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accurate in your opinion, perhaps. Our "cupcake" schedule last year included the Super Bowl Champion, and two games against the team that would have won the NFC if only they didn't have a TE go AWOL and jump in front of Jordy Nelson on that onside kick... Basically we played two of the best three teams in the league three total times...
Prior to the season it looked to be one of the toughest schedules. There is so much change from year to year which is what makes it so hard to predict a win loss record based off of it.