• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers have been thru the roof. 16 touchdowns against 2 interceptions since the Chiefs game. Completing over 70% of his passes.

I don't know if it is JBC, the teams we are playing or what it is -- He has played like an elite QB, which he definitely didn't do with Lombardi.

Prob a combination. But the play calls sure have been fan friendly with JBC. Something like 4 passes over 20 yards total under Lombardi prior to his firing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I'll honor the bet @TrustMeIamRight and I agreed to. Welching was just part of my trolling the troll trolling me. All part of the act.

The board can pick your avatar. I never really cared about that. If they don't come up with something -- then I choose your avatar to be a pic of your kids.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The board can pick your avatar. I never really cared about that. If they don't come up with something -- then I choose your avatar to be a pic of your kids.

I prefer to not use my kids. If that's ok. Anything else is fine.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob a combination. But the play calls sure have been fan friendly with JBC. Something like 4 passes over 20 yards total under Lombardi prior to his firing.

It seems like JBC's play calling looks more like the Saints system than Lombardi's. A lot of throwing to the RB's, WR screens mixed in with some shots down field.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to not use my kids. If that's ok. Anything else is fine.

Then if the board can't come up with something -- I choose a Lions helmet as your avatar.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like JBC's play calling looks more like the Saints system than Lombardi's. A lot of throwing to the RB's, WR screens mixed in with some shots down field.

I really wonder if there were personal issues between Lombardi and Stafford we didn't know about. They both seemed to think the other was junk.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder if there were personal issues between Lombardi and Stafford we didn't know about. They both seemed to think the other was junk.

I just think Lombardi was in over his head. He seemed like he wanted to force his system on the players instead of building his system around the players talents on the team.

He was great calling plays in the 1st quarter -- he couldn't make in game adjustments to save his life though. JBC, in his limited time, has shown he can make adjustments as the defenses do.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just Suh. You brought him up, not me. The Miami D gave up 18 pts. Lions top ranked D averaged 17 last year. I guess you love Tannehill more than you've admitted to defend him so much today.

I didn't defend the regression, I did the bust moniker. Don't see it as that yet. After next year, I may. I doubt it though. This ain't Weeden were talking here.

I admitted to liking Tannehill this off season. Still do like him. I don't give up on one bad year. Much like I am with Stafford, I've seen what they got. They just don't do it with consistency. You should have never said Ryan was better, trolling or not.

Matt got you this year. You defended him forever and this year was ready to give up on him. Now you love him again. I get the same right on Ryan.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just Suh. You brought him up, not me. The Miami D gave up 18 pts. Lions top ranked D averaged 17 last year. I guess you love Tannehill more than you've admitted to defend him so much today.

The Suh was just because I could there. I always preach it's not one guy and it's not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't defend the regression, I did the bust moniker. Don't see it as that yet. After next year, I may. I doubt it though. This ain't Weeden were talking here.

I admitted to liking Tannehill this off season. Still do like him. I don't give up on one bad year. Much like I am with Stafford, I've seen what they got. They just don't do it with consistency. You should have never said Ryan was better, trolling or not.

Matt got you this year. You defended him forever and this year was ready to give up on him. Now you love him again. I get the same right on Ryan.

I've been frustrated w Stafford but I've firmly been on the keep him bandwagon. Matt Ryan isn't Brady, but he's been better than a lot of QBs. Miami may still be looking for theirs.

Something about Big 12 QBs. Guess it's those damn spread offenses. But they sure struggle to translate in the pros.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Lombardi was in over his head. He seemed like he wanted to force his system on the players instead of building his system around the players talents on the team.

He was great calling plays in the 1st quarter -- he couldn't make in game adjustments to save his life though. JBC, in his limited time, has shown he can make adjustments as the defenses do.

Part of me wants to cut him some slack since he wasn't even our first choice for OC, and surely on no one else's radar. Of course, the guy we wanted first busted out in Miami. So maybe it was a lose lose from the beginning anyways.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been frustrated w Stafford but I've firmly been on the keep him bandwagon. Matt Ryan isn't Brady, but he's been better than a lot of QBs. Miami may still be looking for theirs.

Something about Big 12 QBs. Guess it's those damn spread offenses. But they sure struggle to translate in the pros.

Spread is killing the pros. QBs have a hard time adjusting to life under center.

Look at OL. Spread is hampering them also. LTs more so, but all OL are terrible for the same conference or any gimmick offense. Guys do not sustain blocks in college and these defensive players have the advantage when they become pro is my only thought there.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread is killing the pros. QBs have a hard time adjusting to life under center.

Look at OL. Spread is hampering them also. LTs more so, but all OL are terrible for the same conference or any gimmick offense. Guys do not sustain blocks in college and these defensive players have the advantage when they become pro is my only thought there.

Couldn't agree more. Exact argument I used claiming Jason Smith would bust. Okung has succeeded, Clady too. Not a lot of others.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Exact argument I used claiming Jason Smith would bust. Okung has succeeded, Clady too. Not a lot of others.

Film don't lie(usually) with some guys from college. Never liked Jason or Okung who I was wrong on. Honestly got to say I never even knew who a Clady was that year. Clady never really got back to his dominating fashion after his injury.

I said usually cause Eric Fisher film looked solid to me. Speed has killed him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Film don't lie(usually) with some guys from college. Never liked Jason or Okung who I was wrong on. Honestly got to say I never even knew who a Clady was that year. Clady never really got back to his dominating fashion after his injury.

I said usually cause Eric Fisher film looked solid to me. Speed has killed him.

Eric Fisher sucks. No idea how the hell that CMU scrub became the no.1 overall pick. Apparently Detroit isn't the only team with crappy scouts.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Fisher sucks. No idea how the hell that CMU scrub became the no.1 overall pick. Apparently Detroit isn't the only team with crappy scouts.

Every team misses on picks. No team is exempt from shitty scouting. College ball doesn't always translate to Sunday ball. The beloved Bellicheck has two guys from his 2012 draft. The 2 first rounders. Even the mastermind screws up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team misses on picks. No team is exempt from shitty scouting. College ball doesn't always translate to Sunday ball. The beloved Bellicheck has two guys from his 2012 draft. The 2 first rounders. Even the mastermind screws up.

Ya but first overall pick. Maybe the out think themselves. I thought Ansah was the clear no.1 guy in that draft with very little armchair scouting.