• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm curious enough to read the whole thread, but who is ahead in this wager and why? I don't need a raging thirty six additional pages of fluff entries, just one from each of the two vying this wager as to who is in the lead going into week 17 and why.

Thanks in advance...

.... or did I just throw gasoline on the fire?

Didn't look at this weeks results but I'm prob losing if you think yards is the best determining factor, or winning if scores count heavily. Either way, I'll honor the bet @TrustMeIamRight and I agreed to. Welching was just part of my trolling the troll trolling me. All part of the act.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet was too vague. It was better running defense. So instead of having a clear stat as the final decision there is 36 pages of arguments.

Trustme wants is because Lions allow fewer yards per game, Rob wants it because Dolphins have allowed fewer TD's.

At his point the bet is pointless, both teams suck. It is like an argument about who's shit smells worse. They both smell bad and you are standing around smelling shit. There are no winners.

We picked the wrong year to pit these two teams against each other. I was dead on about Detroit, dead wrong about Miami. In reality, it would have been nice to be dead wrong about Detroit too. But hey, it got Mayhew canned, so...silverlinings and stuff

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We picked the wrong year to pit these two teams against each other. I was dead on about Detroit, dead wrong about Miami. In reality, it would have been nice to be dead wrong about Detroit too. But hey, it got Mayhew canned, so...silverlinings and stuff

It has been a tragic year for sure. I am such a Lions homer I sit back and think If the Seattle Refs knew the rules and Rodgers does not sell the none facemask so well then we are right in the playoff hunt!!!!!!

I can acknowledge that it is sad, but I can't stop. I need one of my teams that I cheer for to become a winner.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Worse, I am currently looking at Staffords numbers convincing myself he has turned a corner! 66% completion percentage gentleman! 66%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a tragic year for sure. I am such a Lions homer I sit back and think If the Seattle Refs knew the rules and Rodgers does not sell the none facemask so well then we are right in the playoff hunt!!!!!!

I can acknowledge that it is sad, but I can't stop. I need one of my teams that I cheer for to become a winner.

We should be pissed about that. I watch RedZone and promise you, this shit doesn't happen to anyone else like it does to us. I just think the league views Detroit as one of those teams they can easily manipulate when one of their money makers (Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys) need some extra help. Notice we never get screwed playing other shitty teams. Just the elite ones.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Worse, I am currently looking at Staffords numbers convincing myself he has turned a corner! 66% completion percentage gentleman! 66%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His stats since JBC took over are fantastic. I truly believe he hated Lombardi like a mutherfucker.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be pissed about that. I watch RedZone and promise you, this shit doesn't happen to anyone else like it does to us. I just think the league views Detroit as one of those teams they can easily manipulate when they need one of their money makers (Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys) need some extra help. Notice we never get screwed playing other shitty teams. Just the elite ones.

It does feel like 85% of the time that something screws over a team so bad a new rule must be put into place the Lions are on the bad end of the deal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like 85% of the time that something screws over a team so bad a new rule must be put into place the Lions are on the bad end of the deal.

Detroit Guinea Pigs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob not the Browns. No one succeeds there. But I see vast differences in Miami with a Matt Ryan or Russell Wilson. I've been screaming that all Big 12 QBs bust in the NFL, and unfortunately, Tannehill is helping keep that streak alive despite earning that second contract.

Chip Kelly has done a nice job reinventing Bradford, a complete B12 bust prior to.

I don't feel Chip has as much to do with Bradford as it is him staying healthy. He was actually impressive before he couldn't stay on the field. I consider a bust someone who's play sucked, not by health. That's just me though. St. Louis is prolly dreading that trade now.

Tannehill I really can't say he's a bust. He was impressive first few years. Impressive enough for you to say he was better than Stafford. Tannehill this year is no different than the year Matt Ryan had last season.

Let's see a revamped OL and who's the RB next year in Miami before saying Tannehill is a bust. That OL may not reflect it by stats, but it's comparable to some of the past horrid OL's in Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel Chip has as much to do with Bradford as it is him staying healthy. He was actually impressive before he couldn't stay on the field. I consider a bust someone who's play sucked, not by health. That's just me though. St. Louis is prolly dreading that trade now.

Tannehill I really can't say he's a bust. He was impressive first few years. Impressive enough for you to say he was better than Stafford. Tannehill this year is no different than the year Matt Ryan had last season.

Let's see a revamped OL and who's the RB next year in Miami before saying Tannehill is a bust. That OL may not reflect it by stats, but it's comparable to some of the past horrid OL's in Detroit.

Hmmm have to disagree. Bradford looked like a deer in headlights his entire Ram career and prob would be the same now. Fisher isn't a QB guy, so Bradford never developed there. One of the worst looking QBs I've seen play in the NFL before moving to Philly.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of short underneath routes and a run game extension will help those numbers. I seriously feel Matt's best game of his career was against the Saints. That had a mix all the passing routes mixed in.

I would take a 75% performance of that game weekly and comsider that a win win.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tannehill looks like he regressed this year to me. Sure, his O line is decimated, but still. 4 chances to beat the Colts on Sunday and he couldn't get the job done.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm have to disagree. Bradford looked like a deer in headlights his entire Ram career and prob would be the same now. Fisher isn't a QB guy, so Bradford never developed there. One of the worst looking QBs I've seen play in the NFL before moving to Philly.

We will continue to disagree then. Little dramatic to say one of the worst, but yet he's still in the NFL. He had numbers comparable to a 1-3 yr QB in the NFL.

Chips style needs to go back to college, it's not going to work. DC's already have shut it down. He has set that franchise back for years once he leaves. He is also not a QB guy IMO. He needs a certain style of QB to succeed and not many of those make it in the NFL.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill looks like he regressed this year to me. Sure, his O line is decimated, but still. 4 chances to beat the Colts on Sunday and he couldn't get the job done.

Ryan regressed the last few years also. One bad season doesn't mean bust. He has went backwards for sure though. OC and scheme can also be a part. We've witnessed that in season in Detroit. Didn't work in MiAmi though.

Is it all on him in all four chances? Maybe Suh didn't make enough plays on defense.

Couldn't resist Rob.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan regressed the last few years also. One bad season doesn't mean bust. He has went backwards for sure though. OC and scheme can also be a part. We've witnessed that in season in Detroit. Didn't work in MiAmi though.

Is it all on him in all four chances? Maybe Suh didn't make enough plays on defense.

Couldn't resist Rob.

You never can. ;-)

Ryan isn't from the Big 12.

Miami defense gave up 18 points. Offense scored 12 and had 4 shots close to the goalie at the end of the game to win it. Not even you can spin that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will continue to disagree then. Little dramatic to say one of the worst, but yet he's still in the NFL. He had numbers comparable to a 1-3 yr QB in the NFL.

Chips style needs to go back to college, it's not going to work. DC's already have shut it down. He has set that franchise back for years once he leaves. He is also not a QB guy IMO. He needs a certain style of QB to succeed and not many of those make it in the NFL.

I'm guessing you didn't watch a lot of Rams games. Even my Ram fan buddies will tell u Bradford was junk.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never can. ;-)

Ryan isn't from the Big 12.

Miami defense gave up 18 points. Offense scored 12 and had 4 shots close to the goalie at the end of the game to win it. Not even you can spin that.

Ryan is the guy you feel would have saved Miami over Long. We differ there also is all.

Rob, I just totally like making you defend Suh. Suh should have gave up 11 I guess. That woulda worked. He blows!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan is the guy you feel would have saved Miami over Long. We differ there also is all.

Rob, I just totally like making you defend Suh. Suh should have gave up 11 I guess. That woulda worked. He blows!!

Saved?

He certainly would have worked out better than Long/bunch of random QBs did. There's a reason Parcell's faded away after that bungle job.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His numbers have been thru the roof. 16 touchdowns against 2 interceptions since the Chiefs game. Completing over 70% of his passes.

I don't know if it is JBC, the teams we are playing or what it is -- He has played like an elite QB, which he definitely didn't do with Lombardi.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not just Suh. You brought him up, not me. The Miami D gave up 18 pts. Lions top ranked D averaged 17 last year. I guess you love Tannehill more than you've admitted to defend him so much today.