• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just do those 6-olineman formations and only run a couple wideouts. Jones and Golladay on the outside. Stafford can just audible to back shoulder throws when he sees 1 on 1 on the outside.

because it's a known fact that Marvin struggles mightily to beat press coverage. He can deliver on a deep out with a back shoulder throw or sit down in soft zone underneath if he gets free. Any 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 route he'll usually do well, if he can break free from press coverage. If he's matched up zone the odds are highly in his favor (70% or more with a catchable thrown ball).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a mismatch nightmare if used properly. His statement about "Family, Faith, and Football" bothers me though. He put football third. Thats not acceptable.

I'm not religious by any means but his answer was honest and not an kissing one like most players would deliver.

His family is the one who supported him to get this far and his faith carried him through when times were tough.

I have no problem with his answer whatsoever because he's 100% honest.

furthermore his answer might make him available in the 4th round if not later which could be great for us.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Hansen is one I like. Both because I am a homer, and they moved that guy all over the field in his 4 years and he was good at all of em. Dont mind a late round flyer on a versatile player that can fill in a few spots.

No more a homer than Swarm is on Michigan guys.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took this from the other thread as this is the appropriate place.

I like IAST WR Hakeem Butler. He could slip to round 3 according to sum but he is yet to officially declare for the draft. If he does then its a no brainer. Round 2 may be a reach as he is a bit slow although I dont see it on film. He is a Mike Evans type IMO. That would allow us to move Kenny G to the slot. Good luck to anyone trying to cover KG in the slot.

I will keep looking. Lots of time left plus all the senior games. Meanwhile, here is an annoying video on his situation.

Got to watch him a bunch this year. He is not fast but has a wired stride. Great route tree kid though. Got separation easy with his frame and Stafford would love him as he was a bailout jump ball kinda WR for a true FR QB.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were y’all, I’d pick the best edge rusher or olineman this year with the first pick.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it's a known fact that Marvin struggles mightily to beat press coverage. He can deliver on a deep out with a back shoulder throw or sit down in soft zone underneath if he gets free. Any 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 route he'll usually do well, if he can break free from press coverage. If he's matched up zone the odds are highly in his favor (70% or more with a catchable thrown ball).

Well let's tell Jones to quit being a little bitch and learn how to swat these guys hands away.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like PFF. Not sure about their Tracy Walker grading

I'm not a subscriber to PFF and have a roller coaster perception of them but tidbits like the following pique my interest coming from them.

13. Cincinnati Bengals – Devin White, LB, LSU
I’m no proponent of drafting solely for need, but it’s not a hot take to say the Bengals have the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. White would immediately be the most explosive linebacker on the Bengals roster and his 90.7 coverage grade this season would be a welcome addition.

BB_72; the kid below is my #1 overall Draft prospect for CB

11. Cleveland Browns – Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
After taking Denzel Ward last year, the Browns go back to the well to build a budding, young secondary. Listed at 5-foot-11, 175 pounds Murphy doesn’t have near the size of a corner like Greedy Williams, but he makes up for it with athleticism and ball skills. Murphy is the highest-graded corner in the country (91.2) and has 13 combined pass breakups and interceptions.

BB_72; or your #1 CB

3. New York Jets – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
Ever since he saw his first snap of college football back in 2017, Williams has been lights out. His career passer rating against is a stingy 43.0. Standing 6-foot-3, Williams has the length teams will covet highly.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh.

Ed Oliver, DL, Houston (92.7)
1816-OverHyped-Ed-Oliver-768x432.jpg

Unlike others on this list, Oliver’s grading is still excellent. His 92.7 overall grade ranked third among all defensive tackles in the country, but it’s how that grade is comprised that’s concerning. Oliver has been one of the top run defenders in the country since the day he stepped on campus at Houston, but his pass-rushing prowess has never quite caught up. The projected top-10 pick has all of 25 pressures on the season. And that’s coming against a mostly favorable slate of AAC offensive linemen. Dre’Mont Jones (52), Jerry Tillery (50) and Quinnen Williams (48) have all vastly outpaced Oliver in the pressure department.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to take that pic sizing class again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this kid too but his mechanics aren't as good as Greedy's

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
fulton-768x432.png

Despite a suspension that could have sidelined him for two seasons, Fulton was able to get his suspension shortened and break out in 2018. Playing next to preseason All-American Greedy Williams, Fulton actually had comparable numbers, if not better, than his counterpart. On 42 targets, he allowed only 17 catches that included only three receptions of 20 yards or longer.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion

Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
hakeem-768x428.png

With a true freshman signal-caller in Brock Purdy slinging the ball around the field, Butler shined in his redshirt junior season in Ames. Setting career highs in every major receiving category, Butler’s receiving grade of 78.4 also continued on an impressive career arc, seeing his grade rise by at least 6.0 points for the second consecutive year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
byron-768x430.png

Despite a good season last year that saw him finish with an 86.8 overall grade, Murphy improved in every category in 2018. His 91.9 overall grade was the highest at the position while he allowed just a 47.1 passer rating and a 47.2% catch rate into throws into his coverage.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Atlanta Falcons – Quinnen Williams, DI, Alabama
Call him a one-year wonder if you want but Williams’ one season is as good as we’ve ever graded for college interior defensive linemen. In fact, his 95.8 overall grade would be the highest single-season grade we’ve ever given to a defensive interior player. He’s shown he can stop the run and rush the passer from any alignment on the ‘Bama front.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. New York Giants – Ed Oliver, DI, Houston
Odds are Oliver’s potential is still going to win out with NFL GM’s. You simply can’t teach 280-plus pound men to move the way he does. That being said, he still has a ways to go as a pass-rusher. His 88.4 pass-rushing grade is only fifth in the country among interior players despite facing lesser competition in the AAC.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this kid as a possibility once we miss out on Josh Allen. He has speed, bend, agility but like most needs a more in depth arsenal of pass rush moves. He can seal the edge pretty good. I haven't seen him drop in coverage much.

Green Bay should salivate over the possibility of him still being there when they draft. Plus, they get New Orleans 1st rd draft pick this year for the latter trading up to draft DE Marcus Davenport last year.

18. Tennessee Titans – Jachai Polite, Edge Defender, Florida
While Brian Burns and Josh Allen moved way up from most preseason draft boards, you’d have been hard-pressed to find anyone who had Polite ranked in the preseason. The junior had played 451 non-descript snaps his first two seasons at Florida before bursting onto the scene this fall. In 479 snaps already this season, he’s almost doubled his pressures (38 vs 21) from his first two years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
The other LSU corner. If he wouldn’t have missed the better part of his career in Baton Rouge because of a suspension related to cheating on a drug test, Fulton may be getting talked about in the same light as the aforementioned Greedy. He allowed 17 catches on 42 targets all season for 222 yards.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge Defender
First Team: Josh Allen, Kentucky

The highest-graded edge defender in the country, Allen was unstoppable on the pass-rush this season. Highlighted by his national-best 93.5 pass-rush grade, Allen brought in 51 total pressures that included 14 sacks, nine QB hits and an additional 28 hurries. Rounding out his game, he dropped into coverage on 141 snaps and allowed just 130 yards on 19 targets without allowing a touchdown.

Second Team: Montez Sweat, Mississippi State

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge Defender
First Team: Jachai Polite, Florida

Few players at any position had the breakout year that Polite had as he finished the season with 38 pressures on just 240 pass-rushes. He recorded 31 defensive stops and missed just two tackles on 32 attempts.

Second Team: Jonathan Ledbetter, Georgia

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Interior
First Team: Quinnen Williams, Alabama

No defensive player graded as well as Williams did this season as he was dominant in every contest. He racked up 43 total QB pressures including a ridiculous 24 combined sacks and QB hits that tied for the national lead among interior defensive linemen. His 48 defensive stops were seven clear of the next-best defensive interior as he constantly wrecked opposing offensive schemes.

Second Team: Derrick Brown, Auburn

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Interior
First Team: Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State

Simmons had yet another dominant season for the Bulldogs, recorded 27 total pressures and 30 defensive stops. He missed just two tackles on 46 total attempts.

Second Team: Jordan Elliott, Missouri