• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy with this draft so long as BQ ends up with quality starters in the following positions; Edge Rusher, Coverage LB, #2 CB, TE, Nickle CB. and not necessarily in that order.

and a TRUE 3-tech DT either from the Draft or FA.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy with this draft so long as BQ ends up with quality starters in the following positions; Edge Rusher, Coverage LB, #2 CB, TE, Nickle CB. and not necessarily in that order.

Need a backup RB, WR depth and some kind of future kids to replace Wagner and Lang.

I agree on defense though. Need an edge rusher and #2 CB. Got to be at the very top of the short list. I am praying that Quinn doesn't see Tabor as the #2 corner for this team next year or we are in trouble.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a backup RB, WR depth and some kind of future kids to replace Wagner and Lang.

yep. agree with those depth needs that you've stated but I think a backup RB could be found in one of those (2) picks in each of the last two rounds even WR depth in either of those 4 picks we currently have in the last two rounds. Depends on what player is available.

Wagner isn't going anywhere. It would be ridiculous to absorb 8.7M in dead money this year with only a 3.2M cap savings. Even in 2020 it's almost a split with 5.8M in dead money and 6.1 in cap savings. Maybe next year is a possibility to dump Wagner as a post June 1st cut.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on defense though. Need an edge rusher and #2 CB. Got to be at the very top of the short list. I am praying that Quinn doesn't see Tabor as the #2 corner for this team next year or we are in trouble.

That sums it up. I would add that some of this will be addressed in FA so its not as big a task as it seems. We are in a position to draft the BPA except if it is a QB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama TE Irv Smith Should declare for the draft (rumor currently is that he's going back to school), I would seriously consider drafting him with our 2nd round pick.

I know it sounds crazy and maybe a wasted pick to some on this board but this kid is like a 3rd WR on the field. He's decent at in-line blocking and more than adequate at blocking down field for RB's and WR's alike. He possesses very good field speed and solid hands. He had 3-4 rare drops this year that he usually doesn't have but he opens up the field whether it's down the seam, out routes, drags, slants or deep routes.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft 2019: UMass' Andy Isabella can be the prime example of slot receivers' growing value

I watched this kid play against Georgia this year. He absolutely torched them and even Georgia CB DeAndre Baker who is arguably one of the top 5 if not top 3 CB for this draft.

It's a must see to watch each individual short video in the above link. I believe he's 5'8" and 185 lbs.

He was the state of Ohio's H.S. 100M champion beating out none other than former tOSU and now Cleveland Browns CB Denzel Ward.

You can read more about him in the following link below
NFL Draft 2019: Prospects at each position who improved their stock the most this season

He'll be at the Senior Bowl.

Andy Isabella - Football - University of Massachusetts Athletics

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this kid as a possible Riddick replacement and a depth RB change of pace for Kerryon. He should be late round 5th or 6th.

James Williams | Washington State | Scouting Report

James Williams - Football - Washington State University Athletics
the directly above link doesn't have 2018 stats

2018 stats
119 rushes...……..552 yds...…. 4.6 ypc…….....long of 43 yds...…………...12 rush TD's

76 rec...……………..560 yds...… 7.4 ypc………...long of 41 yds...……………...4 rec TD's

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those links to Andy Isabella aren't working for some reason.

I'll have to figure it out and repost.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinnen Williams – the highest-graded FBS player – highlights PFF's All-SEC selections | NFL Draft news and analysis | Pro Football Focus

Edge Defender
First Team: Josh Allen, Kentucky

The highest-graded edge defender in the country, Allen was unstoppable on the pass-rush this season. Highlighted by his national-best 93.5 pass-rush grade, Allen brought in 51 total pressures that included 14 sacks, nine QB hits and an additional 28 hurries. Rounding out his game, he dropped into coverage on 141 snaps and allowed just 130 yards on 19 targets without allowing a touchdown.

Second Team: Montez Sweat, Mississippi State

Edge Defender
First Team: Jachai Polite, Florida

Few players at any position had the breakout year that Polite had as he finished the season with 38 pressures on just 240 pass-rushes. He recorded 31 defensive stops and missed just two tackles on 32 attempts.

Second Team: Jonathan Ledbetter, Georgia

this link isn't working either.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner isn't going anywhere. It would be ridiculous to absorb 8.7M in dead money this year with only a 3.2M cap savings. Even in 2020 it's almost a split with 5.8M in dead money and 6.1 in cap savings. Maybe next year is a possibility to dump Wagner as a post June 1st cut.

Yeah. I meant more for grabbing one later in the draft and grooming him to become Wagner's replacement for the future. Same with backup RB. Later round picks/ UDFA types.

Early round picks or big free agent money need to fill out all the holes on defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early round picks or big free agent money need to fill out all the holes on defense.

I totally agree here. I'm honestly not one who generally wants to see them spend big in FA as a whole but the so-called depth signings do not impress me from the lower tier players signed to date.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree here. I'm honestly not one who generally wants to see them spend big in FA as a whole but the so-called depth signings do not impress me from the lower tier players signed to date.

I wouldn't mind them taking a shot in free agency with a game changer type player like Clowney. Our bigger problem is the fact that players actually want to move to Detroit and play for a team that hasn't won a division crown in 25 years. It's a tough sell.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones is almost guaranteed to be lining up across Golladay next year. Would be nice if Quinn could hit on another Golladay in the middle rounds this draft. Our depth at WR is almost frightening.

Took this from the other thread as this is the appropriate place.

I like IAST WR Hakeem Butler. He could slip to round 3 according to sum but he is yet to officially declare for the draft. If he does then its a no brainer. Round 2 may be a reach as he is a bit slow although I dont see it on film. He is a Mike Evans type IMO. That would allow us to move Kenny G to the slot. Good luck to anyone trying to cover KG in the slot.

I will keep looking. Lots of time left plus all the senior games. Meanwhile, here is an annoying video on his situation.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Deebo Samuel is the best replacement for Tate but his injury history scares the crap out of me.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took this from the other thread as this is the appropriate place.

I like IAST WR Hakeem Butler. He could slip to round 3 according to sum but he is yet to officially declare for the draft. If he does then its a no brainer. Round 2 may be a reach as he is a bit slow although I dont see it on film. He is a Mike Evans type IMO. That would allow us to move Kenny G to the slot. Good luck to anyone trying to cover KG in the slot.

I will keep looking. Lots of time left plus all the senior games. Meanwhile, here is an annoying video on his situation.

Can't listen to those "autovoice" things. Makes we want to fall asleep lol.

depends who we have as O-coordinator next year. Might not even need a slot guy if we run something similar to what the Seahawks run. Why not just do those 6-olineman formations and only run a couple wideouts. Jones and Golladay on the outside. Stafford can just audible to back shoulder throws when he sees 1 on 1 on the outside. Eventually teams would have to sell out to stop the run.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lion MUST draft Jonah Williams from Alabama. NOTHING WILL DO MORE TO PUT FANNIES IN THE SEATS - than selecting an OT with your first pick.

BTW....Jonah Williams is from California, so when the Lions move to San Diego......