• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions calling other teams for RB help

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we hold and trade for a pick?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you trade the Lions Kendall Hunter for a 2nd rounder?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tempting now that we have James, but Hunter has looked good. It will end up being a late 2nd round pick anyways.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell would we trade Kendall Hunter? I'm not trading him at any point.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions GM reportedly calling teams for RB help - NFL.com

Would they give up anything for Anthony Dixon? It seems like it would make more sense for them to wait for cuts. I'm sure they could find somebody worth grabbing within the next week off waivers.

Why we trade an absolute beast to an opponent whose weakness is RB we are going to play and may face in the playoffs? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

On second thought, he does look a little like a beast with his crazy hair and face, especially when he's laughing. (No racism intended, he just looks crazy.)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tempting now that we have James, but Hunter has looked good. It will end up being a late 2nd round pick anyways.

At this point I think its pretty clear that Hunter has a very bright future with this team and should be the guy as soon as next season.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no, especially not to a team we can face in the playoffs. I think Hunter will be the most dangerous back on our roster this year. I love his potential, strengthening the Lions offense by sending them one of our most promising young weapons would be stupid.

Even with James I'm not tempted at all, James hasn't shown me anything yet, all he has at this point is his college reputation.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I wouldn't. Gore is getting up there in years and has a history of getting injured. James is unproven. Jacobs, at this point of his career, is not an every-down type of RB

I think the Lions should give the Texans a call and see if they can trade for Forsett

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think its pretty clear that Hunter has a very bright future with this team and should be the guy as soon as next season.

I agree. This should be Gore's last season with us (unless he takes a pay cut). I do expect us to have more of a 2 back system with Hunter getting the majority of the carries, but James hasn't even had a chance yet.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if somone called me and asked what draft pick i would give up for dixon, i would say an 8th rounder

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This should be Gore's last season with us (unless he takes a pay cut). I do expect us to have more of a 2 back system with Hunter getting the majority of the carries, but James hasn't even had a chance yet.

I could see us doing a two back system. Them drafting James is kind of a head scratcher for me since he's not a big back and won't really be a change of pace. At this point though I think Hunter is our best RB.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6v808.gif

Jokes aside, no way man. Kendall Hunter looks like he could handle starter duties after Gore retires/declines. Lets be honest about that, it could be as early as next season.

Not to mention, the 49ers play them week 3, that'd be ridiculously stupid to give the Lions a bunch of inside info on what the offense wants to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Hell no, I was thinking Dixon/Cartwright for a 6th or something, Hunter and James are off limits.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok if Hunter and James are off limits, what about trading them Gore for a 2nd?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I doubt the Lions will want Gore's salary because he will basically be holding down the fort until Leshour comes back from his 2 game suspension. Gore will essentially be a high priced back-up at that point

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to help Detroit out. I'm glad I'm not a GM, because I know a 2nd rounder is good to have, but helping Schwartz out when he could beat us, no thanks. They have a 5000 yard passer, don't need to give them a 1,000 yard back, even if it would be just for a year or two. This year, I want everyone out but the Niners. (In the rebuilding years, I'd still want everyone out but the Niners, but I'd be looking at that 2nd rounder with a different perspective.) Draft picks don't help 2012 Niners. (I'd think differently if it were to, say the Bengals or something that don't pose much threat to us.)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Lions will want Gore's salary because he will basically be holding down the fort until Leshour comes back from his 2 game suspension. Gore will essentially be a high priced back-up at that point

gore is still one of the best in the league