• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions calling other teams for RB help

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok if Hunter and James are off limits, what about trading them Gore for a 2nd?

No, not even, 1. there is no way that we net a 2nd rounder for him. He is older, injury prone, and has a high salary. 2. Would you really be willing to part ways with the #1 back in our system, a back that presumably has intimate knowledge of how the offense runs, and how each person, every OL, QB, RB, TE, WR fits into it. The Lions are dangerous on offense, to give them the knowledge to shut down anything we do on offense is just ludicrous.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well if the coaching staff really thinks Gore is done next year, now's the time to dump him.

The Patriots are notorious for dumping key players when they think the time has come (Randy Moss, Richard Seymour to name a couple).

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has the coaching staff said that about Gore? I have never heard that. It is a real possibility that he is done, but he could also play another 3-4. Especially if he is in a committee backfield. This year he could be spelled enough to save his legs for a few more years.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has the coaching staff said that about Gore? I have never heard that. It is a real possibility that he is done, but he could also play another 3-4. Especially if he is in a committee backfield. This year he could be spelled enough to save his legs for a few more years.

yup, we need to start looking for a new #1 back but gore should be able to last a couple years at least. hunter should be rdy for a good chunk of the workload this year.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be willing to trade them Dixon for a 2nd rounder and a can of spam.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us doing a two back system. Them drafting James is kind of a head scratcher for me since he's not a big back and won't really be a change of pace. At this point though I think Hunter is our best RB.

Yeah, I was scratching my head over that one too (still am). Not because i don't like James, but because like you said he isn't a change of pace back at all. It's more like a fastball and super fastball.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was scratching my head over that one too (still am). Not because i don't like James, but because like you said he isn't a change of pace back at all. It's more like a fastball and super fastball.

bird3.jpg

Hey Randy Johnson was a beast with that super fastball, just ask this bird.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think its pretty clear that Hunter has a very bright future with this team and should be the guy as soon as next season.

Most wont agree but I truly believe Hunter should start this year and gore back him up or get traded while he still has bait left.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see the Lions trading for a RB like Dixon. There will be plenty of Anthony Dixons available after final cuts. If they make a trade it will be for a more established player.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not very, spam is lookin' to have a break out year. You heard it here first.

I don't know if your previous comment was serious or not but if it was, tell me roughly how many times a team gave up a 2nd round pick for a player like Dixon with his kind of track record.

I don't see the Lions trading for a RB like Dixon. There will be plenty of Anthony Dixons available after final cuts. If they make a trade it will be for a more established player.

Imac right here touched on what I was going to get at previously.

I'd like to repeat what rotoworld suggested earlier. They mentioned Chris Ivory as a guy that makes alot of sense for them. The ship has sailed for the 49ers but he's been near the top of my list for RB targets. I really like him if he can stay healthy. The Lions might not even have to trade for him either because it appears like Travaris Cadet will get the last spot on the team over him.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if your previous comment was serious or not but if it was, tell me roughly how many times a team gave up a 2nd round pick for a player like Dixon with his kind of track record.

Pozz, I thought you knew me better than that. I was being facetious and I think the other poster was, too.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking. I'd be happy to get a 7th rounder and a peanut butter and banana sandwich for Dixon.

The Peanut Butter and Banana is the Deal Breaker sorry. They said they would be willing to part with a 6th and a roll of Tums but that is their final offer.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Schwartz ANYTHING. He's a giant baby just coming out of his terrible 2's in the league...NO BABY SCHWARTS...NO!!! We cannot reward him with any of our talent until he learns not to get punchy after losing and eating crow...USE YOUR WORDS BABY SCHWARTS....USE YOUR WORDS!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade Hunter, James, Crabtree, Jenkins and Bowman for Megatron.....