• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lin is butthurt that he doesn't get to shoot any potential game winners

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lin as reserve around the mid level exception pay would be a reasonable, but for some strange reason other teams thinks they are stealing gold when they offer a free agent coming from the Lakers a large contract. I look to see Lin get lucky and get an 8 to 10 million a year contract from someone other than the Lakers because I don't think the Lakers will offer him more than 5-7

I doubt the Lakers offer him a contract at all in the offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with the article's logic that Lin would help the Heat as far as assists, I'm not sure who the Heat would be willing to part with that the Lakers would want. bks's opinion that he would be an upgrade for the Heat tells me that that we wouldn't want it to be for Cole.

Unless it's a couple of draft picks and/or a player that would improve the Lakers, it's probably best to keep him for the rest of the season and see if he can develop some consistency.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya trojan hes still better then whoever we could draft or who would be available in the off season. I foresee another payday for him at his current numbers, someone will need a PG and he would probably be the best available. I dont think the Lakers will pay what he asks for and its unfortunate, i like him but i dont see him coming back all things considered. He will be traded and i expect Nash to be traded too for draft picks.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would excel with the Heat IMO. We could use the draft picks but i dont see anyone who could help us with a late first rounder. Meh.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya trojan hes still better then whoever we could draft or who would be available in the off season. I foresee another payday for him at his current numbers, someone will need a PG and he would probably be the best available. I dont think the Lakers will pay what he asks for and its unfortunate, i like him but i dont see him coming back all things considered. He will be traded and i expect Nash to be traded too for draft picks.

Unless he just explodes into full Linsanity like when he was in New York, I don't see him getting another contract like the one the Rockettes gave him.

If he can develop some consistency and the Lakers can put some good pieces around him, I wouldn't mind seeing them keep him on a more cap friendly salary. He'd still be better than any PG the Lakers have had since Harper or maybe even Van Exel. And I'm saying that as a huge D-Fish fan.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein: And Lakers have claimed Tarik Black off waivers.The Lakers, I'm told, have formally waived Xavier Henry Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Marc Stein: Lakers did not have an open roster spot for Tarik Black but created one by simultaneously waiving Xavier Henry Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Marc Stein: And this, of course, is welcome news in Houston. Lakers claiming Tarik Black off waivers means Rockets dip back below luxury-tax line Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they are preparing to trade one of their bigs? I don't really see a reason to bail out the Rockets for a guy who will probably be taking Sacre's minutes or warming the bench. He certainly won't be the difference maker for this team.

Sad what happened to Xavier Henry, he had a lot of potential. Sort of reminded me of Shannon Brown in a way, I doubt he gets on an NBA team at this point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they are preparing to trade one of their bigs? I don't really see a reason to bail out the Rockets for a guy who will probably be taking Sacre's minutes or warming the bench. He certainly won't be the difference maker for this team.

Sad what happened to Xavier Henry, he had a lot of potential. Sort of reminded me of Shannon Brown in a way, I doubt he gets on an NBA team at this point.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers took a look at Henry.

The SF position has been a abomination for us all year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers took a look at Henry.

The SF position has been a abomination for us all year.

He wouldn't do them much good this year. He's out with a ruptured Achilles. It's too bad. The guy is an athletic freak.