• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lil stolen insider info...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my own words of course, wouldn't want to get in trouble ;)

We have a national championship ready defense. The Dline is elite, LB's are great, and the secondary is much improved.

Offensively, the running backs are where we want them, Drake might be the best player on this team. The offensive line is looking very good.

WR's aren't getting the separation we want right now, not helping the qb much. However, Foster, Stewart, and most especially Mullaney are going to be good. Not mention Ridley,they like him a ton.

QB race is coming down to Coker and Morris. Saban said we need a QB that simply doesn't give the ball away, and at this moment that is Alec Morris.

As for week 1, the badgers better hope they can force our offense into some pick 6's or something, because they'll be lucky if they can squeek out 10-14 points.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this shit on, bitches!!!!

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we return to the mentality of running the ball and playing Great defense this year. If we do that I think we can win a Natty.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no feel for this teams pulse.
The fact that no qb has taken the reigns is a little disturbing.
Gonna havta' wait n see.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no feel for this teams pulse.
The fact that no qb has taken the reigns is a little disturbing.
Gonna havta' wait n see.

Nah, it's the same thing every year when we get a new QB. When AJ won it his first year, he wasn't even the sole starter for the 1st game(but we played Kent State).

Saban is just trying to push them IMO. We'll be fine with whoever is QB I think. We won a national championship with Greg McElroy who had broken ribs and only attempted 8 total passes against Texas.

What worries me is what the HUNH shit does to our defense in terms of leaving them out there.

Reactions: gb2

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifted elsewhere, not sure source:

Alabama returned to the practice field Tuesday afternoon, as the Crimson Tide players practiced outdoors and in shells on a sunny, 82-degree afternoon in Tuscaloosa. It was the team's 17th day of fall practice.

Here are several tidbits from the media viewing portion of Alabama's 17th practice session on Tuesday afternoon:

- Once again, it was Jacob Coker leading the quarterback line during the viewing periods, with Alec Morris behind him.

- Once the quarterbacks split into two lines, it was Coker, Morris and walk-on Seth Franks in one and David Cornwell, Cooper Bateman, Blake Barnett and a walk-on (No. 10) in the other.

- Dominick Jackson (shoulder) was working at right tackle with what appeared to be the first-team offensive line. Nick Saban said Jackson sustained a strained shoulder in the team's second scrimmage on Saturday.

- What appeared to be the first-team offensive line consisted of -- from left to right -- Cameron Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Jackson during the two media viewing periods.

- Freshman offensive lineman Lester Cotton appeared to be taking reps at the second-team left tackle position.

- The Crimson Tide defense appeared to line up in its nickel package during the second of two viewing periods. The cornerbacks were Cyrus Jones and Marlon Humphrey, the safeties were Eddie Jackson and Geno Smith, the Star was Minkah Fitzpatrick and the two inside linebackers were Reggie Ragland and Reuben Foster.

- A little later, the team shifted to its dime package, and Maurice Smith replaced Ragland at the Money position.

- Former Alabama great Bobby Humphrey was at the football facility before the afternoon practice session.

- Scouts from the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans watched Tuesday's practice from the sideline.

*** What's next: Alabama will return to the practice field Wednesday afternoon at approximately 3:30 p.m. CT

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifted again

Alabama returned to the practice field Wednesday afternoon, as the Crimson Tide players practiced outdoors and in full pads on a sunny, 82-degree afternoon in Tuscaloosa. It was the team's 18th day of fall practice.

Here are several tidbits from the media viewing portion of Alabama's 18th practice session on Wednesday afternoon:

- Senior Jacob Coker once again led the quarterbacks line in the viewing periods, followed by redshirt junior Alec Morris.

- In the second of two viewing periods, the QBs split up into two lines. As it has been for some time, Coker and Morris made up one line, while David Cornwell, Cooper Bateman and true freshman Blake Barnett made up the other.

- Coker and Morris threw to the wide receiver line that consisted of Chris Black, ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney and freshman Daylon Charlot. The other line was headed by Robert Foster and behind him was freshman Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and freshman Deionte Thompson.

- Toward the end of the viewing portion of practice, the Crimson Tide defense appeared to line up in its dime rabbits package. Cyrus Jones and Marlon Humphrey were the cornerbacks, Geno Smith and Eddie Jackson were the safeties, Maurice Smith and Minkah Fitzpatrick were the extra defensive backs, Denzel Devall, Reggie Ragland and Reuben Foster were the linebackers -- with Dillon Lee shadowing Foster -- and A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen were the defensive linemen, although they were standing up.

- Alphonse Taylor appeared to be working as the right guard in what appeared to be the team's first-team offensive line.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is expected to start opposite Cyrus as far as I've heard.

I've actually started to hear that Tony Brown is having some off the field issues, and Humphrey is really starting to shine. So Humphrey may get the start.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually started to hear that Tony Brown is having some off the field issues, and Humphrey is really starting to shine. So Humphrey may get the start.

Read the same thing about Humphrey today. But hadn't heard about any off the field issues for Brown. I thought his issue was injury related.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Brown toking it up or not going to class???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Saban is hyping Cooper Bateman. I swear he is just trolling everyone at this point.

Saban on Bateman: "Cooper's really, really improved. I meet with guys after spring practice and I told him, 'Look, you've done everything we've asked you to do for the team. You're very athletic. You went out and tried to play receiver when we needed you to do that. But if you're going to be a quarterback, we want you to improve your accuracy as a passer, your ability to take care of the ball. You're very athletic. You're the kind of quarterback we'd like to have here. And lo and behold, he did that. He did that in May, he did that over the summer."

"His completion percentage has been very, very good relative to the other guys and he is very athletic and he can run. We like a quarterback to be like that."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as before, just grabbing off another forum, no clue on original source.

Alabama returned to the practice field Friday afternoon, as the Crimson Tide players practiced outdoors and in shells on a mostly-cloudy, 90-degree afternoon in Tuscaloosa. It was the team's 20th day of fall practice.

Here are several tidbits from the media viewing portion of Alabama's 23rd practice session on Friday afternoon:

- The Crimson Tide began its preparation for the Wisconsin Badgers today, as several scout-team jerseys dotted the practice field. Alabama will square off against the Badgers on Saturday, Sept. 5, in Arlington, Texas.

- Notable scout-team jerseys were running back Bo Scarbrough wearing a No. 6 jersey, representing Wisconsin start Corey Clement, safety Shawn Burgess-Becker wearing No. 7, representing the Badgers' returning-leading tackler Michael Caputo, defensive lineman O.J. Smith wearing No. 94, presenting nose tackle Conor Sheehy and outside linebacker Joshua McMillon wearing No. 34, representing defensive end Chikwe Obasih.

- There were also several young Crimson Tide defensive backs wearing Nos. 5 and 8, which represent Wisconsin's starting cornerbacks Darius Hillary and Sojourn Shelton, respectively.

- Senior Jacob Coker once again led the quarterbacks line in the viewing period, followed by redshirt junior Alec Morris.

- In the one and only viewing period, the QBs split up into two lines. As it has been for some time, Coker and Morris made up one line, while David Cornwell, Cooper Bateman and true freshman Blake Barnett made up the other.

- I saw Coker launch a beauty of a deep ball toward the end of the viewing period. Chris Black wasn't able to pull it in.

*** What's next: Alabama will return to the practice field Saturday afternoon at approximately 3:30 p.m. CT.