• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

like always, good job eagles D

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
constantly neglected, blamed and shitted on for being the true reason the eagles usually have a chance to win. after 3 games they are ranked 6th overall. 7th against the pass, 10th against the run. 3rd in sacks.

funny how they can play with injuries and deal with mistakes, but the offense can't :noidea:
funny how mcnabb could win for years with significantly worse receivers :noidea:
funny how foles could rack up wins with the same exact personnel :noidea:
funny how a 41 year old, gimpy, right off the bench mccown could play mistake free and compete with the seahawks :noidea:

but.. FIRE SCHWARTZ!!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have talent on all both sides of the ball. Schwartz finally dialed up the blitz yesterday so we looked better. 3rd and 15 and we gave up a 41 yards on a dump of pass. Crap like this is always happening. I put a lot of blame on Wentz and the offensive play calling but the D has not been as good as the stats show. Other than the Rams we played the worst two teams in football. We lost to the Skins and tied the Bengals. These teams had the first and second pick in the draft. Lets see how Swartz's defense does the next 3 weeks. If they can shut down the 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens I will admit I am being a little harsh.

This team is out of sync and I put the blame on the coaches that set the game plan and call the plays. Wentz has not looked great for a while. He has no WR and a horrible O-line. Not making any excuses for him but I don't think many QB's would do well here right now.

The last couple years Doug and Schwartz seem to get their shit together with about 5-6 games left in the season and we find a way to make it in the playoffs. I wish they could figure this out sooner! Are they good coaches or do they just benefited from being better than the rest of the East lately. After 12 games our division is 2-9-1.

Unless the product I see on both sides fo the ball changes I see 0-5-1 in our future. I hope I am wrong but I have very little confidence in our team right now.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you need to watch that Rams game again?
We had nothing for them. They went up and down the field at will

I am not blaming the D for our losses but they certainly are not great.
They haven't been great for a long time. Even the year we won the super bowl they were not great.

Just my opinion but I have not been a fan of Schwartz and his style. I prefer to be a lot more aggressive.
There are some positives and some young talent coming up but I think a change at coordinator is long overdue

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of how bad teams are, the eagles D did exactly what they were supposed to against washington and cincy. i don't hold it against a defense when the offense turns it over and is basically handing the other team points. would it be nice to force a quick turnover as well or hold them to a FG? of course. but it's hard to blame them when someone is already starting on your 30 yard line.

as for the rams, they are easily top tier offensively. despite how poorly the eagles D played, they had them at 24 points early in the 4th quarter. wentz had numerous chances to push the eagles in front, but failed. the rams finished with 449 total yards. they average 449.7 on the year. they dropped 478 on the bills and 422 on the cowboys. unfortunately, it is what it is.

the NFL is an offensive league. the eagles are supposed to be scoring 25+ per game, like 19 other teams are currently doing. instead they're not even averaging 20. this is all on wentz. the majority of his wins are against sub .500 teams that the defense easily contains. a prime example is right now. look at how bad wentz is. if he just played slightly, SLIGHTLY better.. we'd be 2-1. and fans would be like "stop hating! we're in 1st place!"

the defense was 4th in the NFL overall when they won the superbowl. also 4th in points against. how the hell is that not great? they also held atlanta to 281 yards/10 points and minnesota to 333 yards/7 points on their way to the pats matchup. overall, they have been stellar in the playoffs under schwartz. there is no shame in getting torched by tom brady. however, nick foles was better.. and he should have been the one to stay in philly.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I blame the offense more than the defense. I watch every game and am not a fan of our DC. I would like to see how our defense stacks up against teams with a winning records vs how they rank against teams with a losing record. I do not know where to find that type of stat. Can anyone here provide it?

I can talk about our offense and it's issue but this thread should mostly be about the defense. In the past two years i have seen our offense get a lead only to have the defense let the other team march down and score. How many 3rd and longs or 4th and longs does Schwartz sticks system give up? We have lost games because of that crap. We had 3 & 15 again this week and they took a short pass and picked up 41 yards. Those are just as bad as turnovers in my book. Basically, our defense just gave the ball back to their offense.

This is a team sport so all 3 phases have played a part in every loss or win. I am not laying every loss solely on the shoulders of our D. He no longer has the talent to run his defense correctly. He needs to adjust his game plan to highlight the strengths of his players. Doug needs to do the same thing.

We just played a winless team that is starting a rookie QB. This same team had the number one pick in this years draft. They have done nothing to show they are not still the worst team in the NFL. Well, they tied us so that makes the Giants to worst team and us and Cincy are the second worst. There is plenty of blame for both sides of the football. In the end, this is the NFL and you are only as good as your record.

How can you be so against our offense and give the defense a pass. The entire team needs to play much better!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure the stat exists somewhere, but it would definitely be a bitch to find. drifting back to last year. they held seattle to 17 in the playoffs and also 17 in the regular season. buffalo to 13. pats to 17. dallas to 9. in the postseason overall they've given up 17 to seattle, 15 to chicago, 20 to new orleans, 10 to atlanta, 7 to minny and 33 to new england. that's superb work.

as a whole, they are consistently good. they have clunkers just like everyone else. sometimes it's against teams like the dolphins and fitzpatrick. but as i frequently post, they easily finish in the top half of the league year after year. sometimes a stat is flawed.. like points against, this year. the offense is handing over free points like crazy.

washington was being dominated until wentz threw that horrible pick up 17-0. if not for that, wash wasn't going to score before the half, and the eagles had first ball. who knows if and when they would have even gotten on the board. they had no chance to move the ball if not for wentz repeatedly handing them the game. cincy had some nice drives, but short field helped them a little as well for a couple FG's. burrow is no ordinary rookie and they just put up 30 on the browns the week before. i see nothing wrong giving up 23 points in basically 5 quarters of play.

that's 2 out of 3 games to start they clearly did their job. as in; we should easily be 2-1. i just can't blame a defense ranked 6th overall with mills as a safety and gerry as the main linebacker. seriously.. i can't imagine this dude even earning a special teams spot on half the squads in the league.. let alone the starting LB spot we give him. i always say.. some fans keep calling for a new coordinator. they're going to be insanely disappointed when they realize how much magic schwartz was pulling out his ass with some of these bums.

the real weapons we try to invest in are continually pushed towards the offensive side of the ball. and as wentz continues to deteriorate, so does the offense itself. the defense remains steady though. and the times they don't do their job, they become the easy target because no one wants to blame it on wentz. that's finally starting to change though.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to say, 5th overall defense now. the ravens gave up 333 yards and 27 points (could have easily been 30) just in the 1st half last night. shit happens and you can't stop every team. it's all about consistency. the eagles defense is steady and consistent. the eagles offense is the complete opposite. literally, it can change from quarter to quarter.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
constantly neglected, blamed and shitted on for being the true reason the eagles usually have a chance to win. after 3 games they are ranked 6th overall. 7th against the pass, 10th against the run. 3rd in sacks.

funny how they can play with injuries and deal with mistakes, but the offense can't :noidea:
funny how mcnabb could win for years with significantly worse receivers :noidea:
funny how foles could rack up wins with the same exact personnel :noidea:
funny how a 41 year old, gimpy, right off the bench mccown could play mistake free and compete with the seahawks :noidea:

but.. FIRE SCHWARTZ!!
Amen! Time for a change all around.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again, we're in the same situation. the defense is CLEARLY superior to the offense. yet, so many have whined about firing schwartz this season while giving wentz the usual bullshit excuses as to why he sucks. and much like last year, i hope schwartz finds a better job where fans appreciate him. as much as i'd hate to see him go, he deserves it.

DEFENSE:

overall - 9th
sacks - 2nd
points against - 16th
takeaways - 15th

OFFENSE:

overall - 26th
passing - 26th
points - 23rd
giveaways - 31st

it's a fucking joke anyone would ever consider complaining about the defense. considering how wentz has bent them over all year long with his turnovers, it's ridiculous that they've still managed to hit the top half with points against. how many drives have started in our territory?

eventually schwartz will go somewhere else, and fans will get what they deserve. imagine thinking another coordinator is going to step right in and have the eagles better than 9th in the league. LOFL! an aging D-LINE with no legit linebackers, questionable players starting and mediocre depth.

i've said it plenty of times before. the eagles went multiple years ranked near DEAD LAST in defense. as soon as schwartz took over in 2016, they jumped all the way to 13th overall. expect the reverse to happen if he leaves. they'll be right back to like 28th in the league. and fans will still be stroking to wentz' "talent" while the offense bombs.

TLDR; awesome job eagles defense and schwartz!

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously bud...are you actually gloating how awesome our defence was against the Cowboys and their 3rd string quarterback.

Come on man....LMAO

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously bud...are you actually gloating how awesome our defence was against the Cowboys and their 3rd string quarterback.

Come on man....LMAO

that's what they are supposed to do.. LMAO. just like everyone had absolutely shredded the nonexistent dallas defense, until they met wentz.. LMAO.

eagles defense, #9 this year. #10 last year. continually a top half of the league team under schwartz despite starting people like gerry, mills and hot dog vendors in the secondary.. LMAO. yet fans still don't get it.. LMAO. still want to fire schwartz.. LMAO.

still not acknowledging how bad this offense truly is.. LMAO. still not comprehending we'd be a 4 win team if we relied on pederson and wentz and hired another D-coordinator.. LMAO.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody on this board is stating how great our offence is.

But to say our defence is great is completely delusional.
I want whatever your smoking bud

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense did it's job last night. They held an inferior Cowboys offense to 3 field goals and had a few turnovers, including a TD. I HOPE that by the end of the year, they can become a very good defense - but we'll see.
Wentz wasn't good. He knows it. Pederson knows it. Now they have to TRY to get these things corrected during the bye.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Schwartz fan at all but he is fortunate to to have some really talented players on the d-line. Our defense is good enough to helps us win but we are going no where with this offense. We need to sit Wentz for a game to let him know that he needs to play better or someone else will be starting. If his ego can't handle then he is not the right guy for us. I know Pederson won us a Super Bowl but I really believe this mess is all his fault. He needs to fix it or we need to move on. Not hard to find a coach that can go 5-9-1.

He is still a young head coach who has to learn to let players go who are not performing sit them for players that are playing better.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Schwartz fan at all but he is fortunate to to have some really talented players on the d-line. Our defense is good enough to helps us win but we are going no where with this offense. We need to sit Wentz for a game to let him know that he needs to play better or someone else will be starting. If his ego can't handle then he is not the right guy for us. I know Pederson won us a Super Bowl but I really believe this mess is all his fault. He needs to fix it or we need to move on. Not hard to find a coach that can go 5-9-1.

He is still a young head coach who has to learn to let players go who are not performing sit them for players that are playing better.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that Wentz will sit a game.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SERIOUSLY doubt that Wentz will sit a game.
Probably not, but he should. I really don't know what kind of QB his is any longer. He isn't playing well now and is not protecting the football. The weekly I need to do a better job is getting old. Unless the question is, "What do you need to do to get the starting job back". :D

I am not ready to give up on him but maybe taking a back seat will help him.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody on this board is stating how great our offence is.

But to say our defence is great is completely delusional.
I want whatever your smoking bud

na.. i was saying "good job." that's what they continually do under schwartz. if we focused as much on the D as the O, we'd be top 5 in the league. as is, everyone should be extremely happy with being top 10. without schwartz and his system, we'd be buried in the 20's somewhere with this current personnel.

now, anyone who thinks different.. THAT would be delusional.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eagles D, stepping up again against the seahawks. letting them barely crack 300 yards. 9th rated defense in the NFL. offense continues to be an embarrassing joke.