• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lightning re-sign Namestnikov

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides avoid arbitration and settle on a 2 year deal worth $3.875 million dollar deal ($1.937 AAV). The bolts now have only Kucherov and Nesterov left to re-sign but they only have $6.591 million left on cap space and you would think Kucherov's new deal would take up most if not all of the cap space. The bolts are going to have to move a piece out with the probably being either Bishop or Filppula. I think it would be ideal to move Filppula even though it would probably cost a prospect as well to move his contract.

Palat-Stamkos-Drouin
Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov
Paquette-Namestinkov-Brown
Conacher-Boyle-Condra

When Callahan returns from injury put him on the 3rd line with Vladdy & Brown and move Paquette down to the 4th line.

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Sustr
Koekkoek-Coburn

Bishop
Vasilevski

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken Danny but I thought Condra was not offered a contract ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condra is signed two more years at 1.25 per year bolt. Very good cap number for vladdy nice job by yzerman. Kucherov next I hope⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡️ What 6.5 cap space left ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov should ask for 12 Mill for two years

I imagine both parties want Kucherov to be signed for the long term, he's very much a core player. When players are UFA's or RFA's you try compare and contrast to similar players in order to see what is the right deal. In this instance Fillip Forsberg is a good yard stick in terms of Kucherov's contract, Forsberg got 6 years $36 mill which is $6 mill per at age 21. Now Kuch is a couple years older and a better player but Forsberg certainly worth that contract so Kuch is going to want north of $6 mill per.

The deal Kucherov is probably looking at is the 8 year $60 million dollar deal that Tarasenko received from the Blues worth $7.5 mill per year. If you ask me Tarasenko is a better player, he's an all-star and a 40 goal man and even though Kuch could possibly be a all-star and hit 40 goals next year, he's not accomplished that to date. I think Kucherov will sign a 7 year deal worth $49 mill or a 8 year deal worth $56 mill which works out at $7 mill per season which is a very fair deal for both sides in my opinion.